It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humanity is incapable of defining God. Religions fail because God makes no sense.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Can humanity even comprehend? Are we anywhere near capable? Do our conscious minds have the capacity?

Our logic and our deductive reasoning do not always coincide with the dogma of any religion, fully.

Religions' very core beliefs which sprout their respective belief systems crumble the basis of their belief systems when one analizes their belief systems.

Below are two examples that demonstrate to a degree that the teachings of religions are in conflict internally when only reviewing their own beliefs:

In order for me to be converted to the religion of Christianity, the 2 prerequisites would be:

1) I believe Christ is God manifested in man.
2) Christians are by the very definition of the word, trying to be like Christ.

So, logic dictates that the purest Christian believes Christ is God, and that they must be like Christ.

This being said, wanting to be like God is what got Lucifer expelled from heaven. So if i were to follow Christian beliefs to their end, i would in fact end up expelled from heaven for the same reasons Lucifer was.

How is me being converted to Christianity with the end goal being obtaining the same end as Lucifer the only way to Infinite World Peace?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Another aspect of this only way to Infinite World Peace is this:

Christian mission: Convert athiests to Christianity.

There are admittingly different definitions to the word athiest. Many of which include or parralell the following:

"One who does not worship, hold reverence for, or believe in any higher entity or deity"

In any and all monothiestic belief systems, including Christianity, follow a GOD who fits the definition of athiest. And if you doubt this claim, you only need to re-visit the first commandment: "I am a jealous God, and you shall have no Gods before me."

Follow my logic here, please.

If God does not acknowledge any higher entity or deity above God, then God is by the very definition, an athiest. And, if you dissagree, then if you were God, and there were nothing higher, would believing in yourself not make you an athiest? To say God acknowledges God's existance, therefore is not an athiest is to say the same as "I know i exist, so i am not an athiest".

So, since God is an athiest, and Christ is God, and Christians want to be like God, then it seems to me.....

Christians convert Athiests into people who's aim it is to be more like Christ who is God, who is an athiest.

So the roadmap to " Infinite World Peace" is to take atheists and convert them into people who's aim is to be athiests.

Does this prove Christ was not God?
Does this prove God does not exist?

NO is the answer to both questions. The only thing our belief systems prove is we don't know what it is we are talking about. And in order to fully believe armed with facts is to disregard both reason and logic for the intangible.

Don't mourn for my soul yet, "bible thumpers".

It is not my contention that there is no GOD. My purpose of this post is to demonstrate how the belief systems fail when only reviewing the logic of their very belief systems. By doing so i am attempting to say we are (our language is) incapable of translating the information to prove GOD's existance, or bound up the concept in any amount of words.

We are not capable of indisputable proof of GOD, because we are incapable of reversing GOD's will for Free Will to exist.

One can not have both free will, and indisputable proof. Yet, by the very logic presented in my examples above, it would seem the GOD worshipped in any monothiestic belief system makes no sense whatsoever.

And yet, I believe in GOD. How could this be you may ask?

Because is my answer.

And it is all the justification i need.

Everything is debunkable, or free will is not real. If free will is not, then God is not.

Believe what you believe, but please don't lie to yourself as to why you believe it.

[edit on 20-8-2006 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
Can humanity even comprehend? Are we anywhere near capable? Do our conscious minds have the capacity?

Our logic and our deductive reasoning do not always coincide with the dogma of any religion, fully.

Religions' very core beliefs which sprout their respective belief systems crumble the basis of their belief systems when one analizes their belief systems.

Below are two examples that demonstrate to a degree that the teachings of religions are in conflict internally when only reviewing their own beliefs:

In order for me to be converted to the religion of Christianity, the 2 prerequisites would be:

1) I believe Christ is God manifested in man.
2) Christians are by the very definition of the word, trying to be like Christ.

So, logic dictates that the purest Christian believes Christ is God, and that they must be like Christ.

This being said, wanting to be like God is what got Lucifer expelled from heaven. So if i were to follow Christian beliefs to their end, i would in fact end up expelled from heaven for the same reasons Lucifer was.

How is me being converted to Christianity with the end goal being obtaining the same end as Lucifer the only way to Infinite World Peace?

Well, first off I'm not particularly Christian, so take this for what it's worth. I think the key word here is "like", in your second premise above. Christians want to emulate the holiness of Jesus, his morality and humility, etc. However, they are not seeking to become identical in substance with Jesus, or depose him in anyway. Indeed, that would be something akin to the story of Lucifer. Hence, the word "like" should not be read as being "identical."

There have indeed been many individuals, especially mystics, who in their descriptions of relgious exstasis, come close to saying their soul becomes Christ or God. Meister Eckhart, a German mystic, got into serious trouble for coming close to this position. However, I think for your garden variety Christian, this is not their position.

I've read the second part of your post three times, and don't really undestand what you want to say, except that it might deal with an equivocation of the word "God." There would be a difference between "God" understood in traditional Christian theology, as being infinite and beyond human conceptualization, and "god" meaning any sort of powerful but conceivable entity. Indeed, early Christians were often called "atheists" because they did not accept the pantheon of "gods", but insisted upon their understanding of "God" as being beyond understanding. Perhaps you can clarify your question when you get a chance.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Satan didn't want to be "like" God, he wanted to be God. There is a difference. When someone accepts/receives/places faith in Christ and He being the only way of salvation the Holy Spirit takes up residence in that person and He, the Holy Spirit, begins to transform that person into a new creation. People can grow in the knowledge of God at a slow pace or a fast pace. A christian will never be God but we are being changed to be like Him.

Examples
God hates sin, a christian should grow to hate sin.
God can travel at the speed of thought, a christian will do that at the Lord's return.
Ther are other things but being like someone doesn't mean you are that someone.

There is only one God.

Christian mission: Convert athiests to Christianity.

If God does not acknowledge any higher entity or deity above God, then God is by the very definition, an athiest. And, if you dissagree, then if you were God, and there were nothing higher, would believing in yourself not make you an athiest? To say God acknowledges God's existance, therefore is not an athiest is to say the same as "I know i exist, so i am not an athiest".

So, since God is an athiest, and Christ is God, and Christians want to be like God, then it seems to me.....

Christians convert Athiests into people who's aim it is to be more like Christ who is God, who is an athiest.

I am not at all trying to be mean but the above doesn't make sense. God knows who He is.

A christian cannot convert someone to christainity. A christian can present the facts and info regarding salvation. The Holy Spirit does the work of drawing that person to Christ and the convicting them of their need of the salvation found in Jesus.

[edit on 20-8-2006 by dbrandt]

[edit on 20-8-2006 by dbrandt]

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt

I am not at all trying to be mean but the above doesn't make sense. God knows who He is.

I understand the arguement. However, variant forms of the definition of "athiest" exist.

You are saying that if you were God there would be nothing higher than you from your perspective, and you would not fall under any known definition of athiest because the simple reason of knowing you existed.

I am saying that if you were God, and did not acknowledge any thing higher, you would fit some of the accepted definitions of athiest.

Me knowing i exist does not mean i am not an athiest, even if i were God.

[edit on 20-8-2006 by Esoteric Teacher]

new topics

top topics

join