It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

bush points finger of blame/Cali inferno

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 09:54 PM
link   
The Bush administration has suggested the fires are partly the fault of environmentalists for placing too many restrictions on loggers, leading to an increase in flammable undergrowth. Environmentalists have denied this.

[Edited on 1-11-2003 by ALLEGIANCE]

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I have to agree with Bush on this one. And you know I actually believe, cause I hate bush.
Notice: The author of this post supports troops and the war, just not the president.

I lived in Arizona during the Rodeo-Chedeski (sp?) fire, and it was a big issue there, the fact there was way too much dead wood that could have been cleaned out by logging companies.

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I NEVER SAID I DID NOT SUPPORT THE president.

I just pointed out the fact that the bush side is ducking for cover.

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALLEGIANCE
The Bush administration has suggested the fires are partly the fault of environmentalists for placing too many restrictions on loggers, leading to an increase in flammable undergrowth. Environmentalists have denied this.

story.news.yahoo.com.../ap/20031031/ap_on_re_us/wildfires_aid_request_1

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Ducking for cover? From what? No duck, but the enviro-freaks' geese should be cooked! The brain-dead, knee-jerk feel-gooders should be run out of the country.

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I agree. They fail to understand that an over abundance of trees spurs large fires like this. I dont know why they are so goddamn afraid of the logging companies anyway. Dont they understand that the logging companies wont destroy the forest because then they would have nothing else to cut, and thus no more money. $$

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Of course!

If wed let the lumber companies cut down the forests, there would be norests to burn, thus, those rich #s can build thier million dollar homes without worrying about losing them!

Makes perfect sense.

Forest fires are NATURAL and should be allowed to run thier natural course (that is...when they are natural). Nature takes care of it.

What shouldnt happen is these rich ####s building thier houses up there in the first place! If they dont want thier #ing houses burned.....

Then they shouldnt build them where they burn, duh!

Its like those morons in central Cali back in 97 who lose thier houses to floods. Well duh! The who #ing central valley is built on a big ass floodplain! what the # they expect!

# bush, I hope HE gets driven out of the country....preferably, to Iraq, that qould be cool.

[Edited on 2-11-2003 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 11:47 AM
link   
except that So Cal fires are not burning overgrown forest land. The pine forest is not thick like in the NW. The overgrown vegetation burning in CA is mostly Chapparral, which grows thicker after logging. Cutting down the trees in this particular case may even increase the amount of flammable chapparal brush.

Sounds like another effort by the B admin to discredit enviros...

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 11:58 AM
link   
eye witnesses say the fires were ignited using a device that firefighters commonly refer to the �ping-pong ball machine� This �plastic sphere dispenser� machine is mounted in a helicopter. Plastic ping-pong balls, filled with a dry chemical, are injected with a liquid chemical as they leave the machine. Within a few seconds of hitting the ground, a chemical reaction inside the balls creates a flame, igniting the fuel on the ground surrounding the ball.

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Bush's knowledge of fire ecology...ooops scratch that, Bush has no knowledge of fire ecology. And if he's getting help from his new friend at the EPA, Leavitt, then he's even further from the truth. The truth is, there are certain trees that require fire to propagate. So if you gather up all the undergrowth and do prescribed burns, you're denying the very vehicle that seeded the forest in the first place. In fact, a burn is the best thing that could happen to a beatle infested forest.

Then notice the rest of the language..restrictions on logging...follow the money. Truth is, old growth forests are totally capable of withstanding even the fiercest fires and can still be harvested. Proper forest management and harvesting would be selective logging with horses carrying the loads. Not only do you keep the vitality and biodiversity of the old-growth forest, you don't have to build and maintain any roads. There are some timber companies that are actually reverting to this style. I think their costs are about 15% more than your Home Depot clear cut lumber. The difference in yields would be about the same.

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Forest fires are NATURAL and should be allowed to run thier natural course (that is...when they are natural). Nature takes care of it.

What shouldnt happen is these rich #ers building thier houses up there in the first place! If they dont want thier #ing houses burned.....

Skadi, if I didn't know you better, I'd say you're a hippy.

Originally posted by herm
except that So Cal fires are not burning overgrown forest land. The pine forest is not thick like in the NW. The overgrown vegetation burning in CA is mostly Chapparral, which grows thicker after logging. Cutting down the trees in this particular case may even increase the amount of flammable chapparal brush.

Exactly. Currently loggin methods ARE the problem.

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 12:02 PM
link   
thank you herm.

Dry scrubby trees. Manzanittas, Mandrones, Mesquite, brush......

In the Northwest, it rains so much that forest fires are never a problem here, when they do happen, they dont last too long or take out huge areas of forrest.

Im beginning to wonder who exactly started these fires....

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 12:07 PM
link   

eye witnesses say the fires were ignited using a device that firefighters commonly refer to the �ping-pong ball machine� This �plastic sphere dispenser� machine is mounted in a helicopter. Plastic ping-pong balls, filled with a dry chemical, are injected with a liquid chemical as they leave the machine. Within a few seconds of hitting the ground, a chemical reaction inside the balls creates a flame, igniting the fuel on the ground surrounding the ball.

Do you have a link by chance?

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Whats Arnie gonna do about it?

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 12:14 PM
link   
My brother lives there he saw the choppers shooting the white balls. now they are evacuating

[Edited on 2-11-2003 by ALLEGIANCE]

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 12:23 PM
link   
ALLEGIANCE,

Jesus man..are you serious...wtf is going on here?

I would remind everyone that there is evidence of black chinooks starting a forest fire in Oregon this summer..a day prior to Bush's visit.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 12:47 PM
link   
My brother and family are heading north to grandpas place.
They have seen the choppers twice.
now they are now shooting the white spheres behind the local school.

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Do you know what kind of chopper? And identifying marks, insignias?

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 01:39 PM
link   

I have not heard from him for about two hours,they are evacuating to the nw town of EL SUENO.
Next time he calls i will ask him to describe the choppers in more detail.

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 01:51 PM
link   

I thought last week he said it was Al-Quada... whatever.

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

Yes, your very right. If we let nature deal with things, we'd be fine. First I agree about those rich 'frockers' and their mountainous cabins.

Here is my problem: The environmentalists push that we save the forests by putting out all fires to the best of our ability. One way nature deals with it is starting fires with lightening to clear certain areas out. If we let these burn, then everything would be fine.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join