It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Art depicting possible UFOs?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I'd like to see some reference from the ancient artworks that depict such possible UFO contacts or witnesses.

If possible, would someone find a larger, unedited version of this picture?

[edit] I found it, but no need, this is all I needed.

[edit on 8/19/06 by TsunamiLight]

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Maybe it's big enough, but see that UFO-like thing with a lightbulb in a center?

Is that something? :O
It also appears to have a cig-shaped thing near it too.
Those are also common sightings too.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsunamiLight
I'd like to see some reference from the ancient artworks that depict such possible UFO contacts or witnesses.

If possible, would someone find a larger, unedited version of this picture?

Um... That's not ancient. It's Pablo Picasso's "Guernica" from the mid-1930s. That thing in the middle is a light-bulb in Picasso's style. It depicts the German bombing of Guernica, Spain during the Spanish Civil War.

EDIT: Minor addition.

[edit on 19-8-2006 by ArbitraryGuy]

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 06:36 PM
link   
But still, what's with that cig-shaped thing?

Either or, I'd like to see some work of art including possibilities of extraterrestrial beings or UFOs like the ones below. >:O

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 06:40 PM
link   

But still, what's with that cig-shaped thing?

In "Guernica"?

As Guernica neared completion, Picasso added a single image of twentieth century technology. According to Llorens: "In Spanish, an electric bulb is called 'bombia,' and 'bombia' is like the diminutive of 'bomb.' So, 'bomba-bombia' is a verbal poetic metaphor for the terrifying power of technology to destroy us."

Source: www.pbs.org...

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Alright, so it's a bomb. But how about these?

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Either or, I'd like to see some work of art including possibilities of extraterrestrial beings or UFOs like the ones below. >:O

According to most art historians, your "UFOs" in medieval art are nothing more than symbolism that isn't common anymore.

Check this site out for more information on what scholars think such "UFOs" really are. I haven't looked at the pictures you linked, but likely they're covered on one of the pages in the link I posted (unfortunatly, about half of this site is in Italian).

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I found this one interesting. A figurine and a modern picture of an astronaut.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 06:51 PM
link   
So how about the chinese and other non-European artworks?

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 09:08 PM
link   

So how about the chinese and other non-European artworks?

The astronaut figurine looks like a play-dough fake to me (uninformed guess). The chinese picture looks like a fancy waffle maker. Or waffles on a table.

Seriously... Although I don't totally discount the concept of UFOs being depicted in ancient art, I'm sure most of what we see as "UFOs" is symbolism that has lost its meaning through the ages.

I feel like waffles now...

EDIT: Spellin'

[edit on 19-8-2006 by ArbitraryGuy]

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 06:15 AM
link   
The model is genuine.

That pic is from 1561 Nuremburg, Germany and depicts a number of objects in the sky in an aerial battle.

Look in the top left corner. 1350

The Baptism of Christ. 1710

The Holy Trinity. The Father, The Son and the.......Satellite? 1600

The Madonna with Saint Giovannino. What's the guy in the background looking at?

If you want to find out more, check out Google Images (the actual Holy Library). You should also do some research on The Mahabharata. It is a collection of stories from looooong ago in India. Has some interesting stuff. Alludes to flying vehicles, nuclear weapons and alien life.

[edit on 20/8/06 by JackofBlades]

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Outstanding pics. There quite a few out there, it just seems a bit strange these days not as much attention has been focused on this ancient -- important stuff as it was say 10-15 years ago. Are we losing interest in the UFO subject these days? Thank goodness for ATS.

Dallas

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dallas

... Are we losing interest in the UFO subject these days? Thank goodness for ATS.

Dallas

I think a good many of us are getting tired of the endless stream of questions with no discernable answers, the hoaxing, and certain individuals who tend to blow their own horn inlieu of getting any reliable, not channeled, irrefutable evidence of even a minor nature.

The bottom line of the state of the ufo "situation" is the same as it was 30 and 40 years ago. It's just that now, with the advent of the internet, photoshop, and other technologies, that the hoaxes sometime take a bit longer to unravel than they used to. People are not as gullible and willing to believe every Adamski or Meier who comes along.

I haven't lost interest, just maybe the impetus to keep wading through the muck and the mire of little minds, who are more interested in reputation and money than in any real solution.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Where did this pic came from ?

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 03:40 PM
link   
anyway, i did my research and found an interesting website.

ancient art and ufos

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackofBlades

The Holy Trinity. The Father, The Son and the.......Satellite? 1600

It is indeed a satellite. Its called... "Earth". Its a map they are pointing at using fun little pointing sticks. There's nothing strange about it at all if you look at a high res image (dont have link).

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 01:52 PM
link   

It's Pablo Picasso's "Guernica" from the mid-1930s

Yep, and yep, there's a bomb there. Though Picasso is best known for his cubist works, he is (believe it or not) a skilled renderer, and could also do realism as well. So, if he wanted a UFO in there, you'd have little doubt that's what it is. Read up on the background of this particular work, and you'll see what Picasso was trying to portray here.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Interesting stuff, in particular the baptism of christ as one has called it, my theory Jesus wasn't doing gods work but infact someone claiming to be god (aliens) they had him there to tell gods word but actually giving people something to belive in so they didn't self destruct wondering why the hell were here.

[edit on 21-8-2006 by chris01621]

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   

It is indeed a satellite. Its called... "Earth". Its a map they are pointing at using fun little pointing sticks. There's nothing strange about it at all if you look at a high res image

That's a matter of opinion...

Although some of the ancient artwork can be explained as just representations of Godlike images and/or stars, etc., some of them cannot, and are quite amazing.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Interesting stuff, in particular the baptism of christ as one has called it,

Actually, for this painting, it's symbolism. A golden disc was often used in medieval and later art to symbolize the holy spirit. Most remember seeing these behind the heads of biblical figures, then later popularized as a hollow halo. The rays symbolize the divine light and Jesus' cleansing and realization of divinity.

There are still some that are freaky though, and where known symbolism doesn't apply.

top topics

join