It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Animal Sensitivity to Ghosts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 09:51 PM
link   
How sensitive are animals to ghosts and paranormal phenomena? I only ask because my house is most likely haunted, (past two owners have had unexplained phenomen in house as have I) and my dog just went completely berserk, like he was being attacked or something. Anyway to calm my dog, who is plainly terrified, short of taking a walk? Its raining and in the 40's

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 09:54 PM
link   
that is odd. animals probably are sensitive to those kinds of things though.

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Is Ghosts part of evolutionary trend? We evolved from sea to land. Can we evolve to another dimension? If yes, there is very little chance that the Dogs are aware of Ghosts while we are not. If we consider our self-superior to Dogs we should have more intelligence right?
I can accept that Dogs can sense hostile moments such as human fear to Dogs that is somewhat explainable. But where do Ghosts fit?
I am sorry if I'm sounding juvenile, cause I am.

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I posted about my haunted house long ago and how the animals all knew prior to my knowledge and it was verified that the house WAS/IS infact haunted..so that validates it for me about animals sensing the not so obvious.

IF your house is haunted..your animals will likely not be it's normal self until either you move(and leave the spirits) or the spirits move or diminish..otherwise nothing you can do..I don't recommend medications normally, but if the above options cannot be met, you may want to seek some from the vet for your dogs nerves..? Just a thought though..and a very lastly option please!!
Magestica

[Edited on 11/2/03 by magestica]

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I am sorry, but I believe you are starting from believing that you house is haunted. Try thinking that the house is not haunted. How can you verify that the house is haunted? Don't tell me Psychics.
You are biased, most of us all me too. Try thinking that the dogs don't have that kind of abilities.

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Who might you be talking to Surfer boy???

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Talking about the person whose views are pre-determined. You have a closed mind.
You look on one side only.
You don't look on the other side.

You refers to those persons.

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Ahem,

maybe you shoudda stayed away surfie!

now back to the topic.

If I am not incorrect,

many domesticated animals have better smell, eyesight and hearing than humans do.

this alone could account for their strange behaviour at times.

But I have seen where they often do better than that. Like when someone is at the door and they know who it is but how can they see through it?

like when my cat runs into the wall chasing after something that isn't there.

Yeah animals have abilities that we do not have. Too bad we cannot talk to them.

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 12:41 AM
link   
That and you and this would be the first time I have ever been defined as closed minded..Usually I make an effort to be nice and friendly and thoughtful and curtious..but today is a new day. You aren't even worth my finger time..Go surf some waves dude, then return only if you get knocked enlightened by your board

*No wonder..I NOW understand your complaining posts*

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 12:44 AM
link   
So, when was the last time you got out of your house.
Sorry, maybe I crossed my line. Sorry again.
*And about the complaining posts, What?*

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dreamstone
How sensitive are animals to ghosts and paranormal phenomena?

It's been well documented in the past that animals are FAR more sensitive to the paranormal than humans, cats especially. Don't forget, their senses are more often highly tune (hearing, smell etc) thatn humans, and they can detect sounds and changes in frequency that the human ear can't even hear.

I've read many reports about haunted places where the thing that triggered the owner as to there being 'something up' would be a cat or dog constantly afraid to go near a certain corner of a room, or jumping up and growling or hissing at something invisible to their human owner.

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 10:27 AM
link   
both of my parents have seen the figure of an old lady in their house and while I was living there two of our cats quite often would suddenly stand up with their heckles(is that the right word?) raised and hiss and stare at "something" across the room.Then they would leg it out of there like lightning.I don't know what the cause was but I know that I've never seen that sort of bahaviour from the three cats I have in my house.

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 10:45 AM
link   
to surfup
"I am sorry if I'm sounding juvenile, cause I am."
we were all there once

Animals do have have different sensitivities than we
do ..I believe weve tuned them out because they interfere with everyday life
Its shown they do perceive things we dont..ie..
earthquake build ups... ghosts..expolsive sniffing...ect..
Currently the state of the art in parapsycology
uses various scientific devices to detect anomalous fields
"ghosts" "energy Vortices" ect...
Ghosts are energy too.....as long as their not assaulting you you dont have to much to worry about

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I have had one personal experience with an animal sensing something and then my brother has had one experience, so I believe there is a sensitivity. I also believe there is a sensitivity in children. For some reason, we close ourselves off the spiritual realm around us as we mature, and I just don't understand why, has a species that happens.

Why are you trying to calm down the dog? The reason I ask this is, the sensitivity of your pet should be viewed as a positive thing. Why not, instead, work to eliminate the negative thing that is exciting your dog. In other words, as a barometer of the spiritual environment around you, utilize the pet as a tool instead of desensitizing him.

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Yeah the only animal i know that can sense a ghost is near is the dog,1 time my friends mum was taking their 2 dogs for a walk on the roof of their block of flats and suddenly the door of the elevator shaft(you know where the motor of the lift is) flung open the dogs started growling my friends mum poked here head round the door and saw a ghostly face the dogs meanwhile stood frozen stiff wouldnt move

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Animals tend to be more sensitive to paranormal activities. I know my dogs were when I lived in Okinawa, my house was haunted.

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I think they can see auras too. A friend's cat always looks you in the eye when you speak to it. Then it will look just above your head as though something is there.

I'm hoping to perform an experiment one day to see if it can see a person's astral self.

top topics

join