It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Venezuelan President Accuses Israel of "New Holocaust"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Sounds like he's pointing out THE BEEPING OBVIOUS to the Israelis who should know better in the first place. They can dish it out what we know they have taken.

Originally posted by djohnsto77
How can it be a new Holocaust when they deny the first one ever took place?

Well here we go... if someone wants to discredit the unholy alliance of Venezuela, Iran, Syria, North Korea, et all (axis of evil) there's your topic for Divide and Conquer. With Ahmadinejad contending no holocaust ever took place, Chavez opened himself up to that one.

That the gasbags aren't talking about it is because they're waiting for Rovester to give the go ahead next time he needs a distraction from some political event. Then Hugo's remarks will be a big deal. But for now, the Holocaust/genocide analogies are not putting the Israelites in a good view. It's too true and too much a double standard to let bring to light.

The support that the US gives Israel makes it guilty by association--Jr. made no bones about his full support for their actions. So what's that say about Saddam's monkey trial taking place too? A trial for the genocide of the Kurds in the 80's. More double standards.

So what's the price of bananas in Tel Aviv today?

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Well said psyopswatcher

People are still associating Hugo Chavez's comments with this recent Lebanese conflict. Is that as far back as people's minds venture? The last month and a half? If you look at the original quoted article, Chavez is refering to the Palestinians as well as Israel's multiple invasions of Lebanon. Remember, Lebanon has been invaded on three separate occasions by Israel. The second invasion in 1982 led to the Sabra and Shatilla massacre where an estimated 3,500 unarmed men, women and children were slaughted in a refugee camp by forces allied to Israel whilst Israeli troops surrounded the camp to prevent any one escaping the slaughter.

How quickly people forget

[edit on 21/8/06 by subz]

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 06:52 PM
link   
No subz, I am sure many people will say they were dirty muslim arab-jihadi terrorist scum, yes even the innocent children. So therefore, they deserved death, and can definetly not be considered genocide in its infancy.

Anyways, I am glad to see that Bush has pledged 230 million dollars for the Lebanese people. I do not support the man too much, but will admit he is definetly showing a gesture of goodwill by aiding them with that money. It will go a long way to easing the devastation and suffering our unofficial territory has caused them.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by forestlady
Israel's policy is to try to destroy the Palestinian people and it always has been. They've spent 50 years murdering the Palestinians. How can that NOT be genocide?
They would also love to destroy South Lebanon so they can take it over.

Well, the "palestinians" have been murding Israelis(both Jew and Arab) for just as long, so I guess "genocide" works both ways doesn't it?

Chavez doesn't like the U.S. govt and he thinks they are a dangerous hegemony. He has many times said he has no problem with the American People, it's our government.
What's your point? Are you saying because Chavez doesn't like our Government and thinks were out to get him, we should just excuse him, no matter what he says or does?

As usual, Hugo is right on the mark, so the U.S. govt spreads lies and propaganda to try to discredit him as a looney. Mr. Chavez has done amazing things for the poor and middle class of Venezuela, do some research, you'll see that he has been popularly elected 6 times, the elections are absolutely honest and were monitored by many countries. When the U.S. tried to overthrow him, it was the People who protested and brought him back, all in just 3 days.

Not much work needed there, as far as discrediting him as a looney. Do you really think that he would step down as president if he was ever voted out of office? of course not and he will not ever let that happen, if he can help it.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Wow! This site has been infiltarated to the nth degree. The majority of posters now believe the defending of a nation equates with the mass extermination of a race.

WW3 has begun and just like ww2 good people refuse to accept it until it's too late.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Oh, and hate for my govt. is hate for me. We are a Republic ( look it up). You wanna bring it, bring it.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Well WW2 was marked by the blitkrieg invasion of several European countries. Lets see how many countries have been invaded so far? Afghanistan, Iraq, Lebanon, attempts are being made in Somalia, Iran and Syria are on the list. Hmm thats strange, usually the instigator is the one invading countries, but the only ones doing that are Western nations against poor Islamic nations.... with little means to defend against the vastly superior technological and psycological weapons.

If we are indeed in WW3, then my friend it is a war attacking Islam. Not the other way around.

THANKFULLY not every president thinks like our current one who by his actions shows that he believes a certain religion needs to be purged from the Earth nation by nation. The next one will just try and stabalize the Iraq situation, re-kindle broken friendships, hopefully apologize for all the wrong-doing of his predecessor. then we can become the United States of Earth, conquer alien societies, and live happily ever after, the end.

(if you have not noticed, yes I have actually gone insane)

[edit on 8/21/2006 by DYepes]

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 09:16 PM
link   
It is Ham-ass and Hezbubble that could be compared with Hitler, as their goal is to rid Isreal, then the world, of all Jews, then all infidels.

Chevez is joined at the hip with Castro, and both are Communist-oriented. They're economy may seem to be doing well, but the little guy will never prosper; same as Cuba.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 09:23 PM
link   
the little guy can not prosper because the biggest guy on Earth is constantly making sure they cannot trade freely with the world. Venezuela is doing fine with limited sanctions, but their ultimate goal is not to conquer the world. so yea I guess if that is what you mean by prosper I suppose they will not do that.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Yea, blah blah blah.... How does the extermination of a race equate the defending of one's nation and wow!? Do you have any grasp of history?!!! Are you saying Germany didn't invade several nations before the US got involved not that that was the beginning of WW2? WW2 started well before Pearl Harbor. I think the invaders realize what they're up against and are trying different tactics.

Some people learn from history.

[edit on 21-8-2006 by notbuynit]

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 09:42 PM
link   

If we are indeed in WW3, then my friend it is a war attacking Islam. Not the other way around.

What color is the sky in your world? Becuase of the militancy and politics, we are fighting a war against Islam. They're the ones flying planes into buildings and such...

Why aren't we attacking Hindus? Maybe because we have no reason considering they aren't blowing up planes and buildings and busses and .... well. The Hindus are under attack from them also.

Maybe the English, French, and American fighters should've asked everyone under the axis powers if they were Nazis before retaliating against them?

Oh, and I am insane or am I?

df1

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by DYepes
Anyways, I am glad to see that Bush has pledged 230 million dollars for the Lebanese people.

US foreign aide to israel pays for the destruction of lebanon and now you applaud US foreign aide to pay to rebuild lebanon. Israel earlier destroyed a palestinian electric plant and millions in US foreign aide is going to pay to rebuild it. Why would you be glad to waste more US tax dollar dollars? Foreign aide is the problem, not the solution.

I do not support the man too much, but will admit he is definetly showing a gesture of goodwill by aiding them with that money.

You don't believe anything else the bush administration says, but you believe that they are telling you the truth about this money. While this may pluck at your heart strings, this gesture is a calculated PR move. Once the money is out of the country and off the books no one will know how this money is used. For all you know, haliburton will get the no bid rebuilding contracts again.

As for chavez, I think he has done well for his people and has the right, as well as the duty to speak for both himself and his country on the world stage. Imho chavez is not anti-semetic based on his statements as quoted.

[edit on 21-8-2006 by df1]

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by zappafan1
It is Ham-ass and Hezbubble

Can I ask you what you think reducing the argument to a 2nd grade playground calibre will achieve? If I started refering to Pissrael and Arsemerica would that be some sort of victory for my argument? Please, do us all a favour and spell names correctly.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Likewise I see nothing wrong with what Chavez said - he's not the first to draw parallels between Isreali actions and those of the Nazis, he won't be the last. The comparison is sad because it's true.

Oh and BTW the Nazis killed far more non-jews than jews so let's not be conned by the Isreali lie that the Nazi extermination camps & death squads were just a crime against them - they were a crime against humanity (in its widest sense)

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 06:11 AM
link   
The Holocaust is the source of Zionism's, hence Israel's, strength. If the Holocaust did not occur Israel would not exist today. It is also used to shield Israel's many heinous actions by playing the guilt card. Used in tandem with the "anti-semite" straight jacket they slap on any one that dares criticise Israel and they've pretty much sewed up the issue of Israel's human rights abuses.

It forces any one who can see through the propaganda to step outside of "polite society" if they wish to express their displeasure with another nation's actions. That is what so throroughly infuriates me over the Zionists. They not only carry out these hideous crimes against an entire population of people but they've cleverly engineered a highly potent self-defence mechinism which comes at the expense of the memory of the hundreds of thousands of Jewish men, women and children who died at the hands of the Nazis.

I know this infuriates some Jews more than it does us gentiles and I can completely empathize with them. It's so cynical it makes my skin crawl.

[edit on 22/8/06 by subz]

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by subz

Originally posted by zappafan1
It is Ham-ass and Hezbubble

Can I ask you what you think reducing the argument to a 2nd grade playground calibre will achieve? If I started refering to Pissrael and Arsemerica would that be some sort of victory for my argument? Please, do us all a favour and spell names correctly.

Yet, you continue to refer to Israel and the Jews as "Zionists", which is clearly a derogitory term, at least to Israelis; a bit of the pot calling the kettle black, no?

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Yet, you continue to refer to Israel and the Jews as "Zionists", which is clearly a derogitory term, at least to Israelis; a bit of the pot calling the kettle black, no?

"Zionists" is not a derogatory term.

Zionist simply means someone who favors a national homeland for the Jews in the Middle East - the term comes from the Zionist movement themselves, and I daresay they'd be offended if someone considered the term an insult.

"Zionist" is commonly used by people criticizing Israel to clarify that they are not criticizing the Jews as a people, but specifically the Israeli state and it's supporters. Since anytime anyone criticizes Israel there seems to be a flurry of people throwing accusations of anti-semitism around.

[edit on 8/22/06 by xmotex]

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 03:27 PM
link   
It seems to me as if accusations of Israel commiting genocide have gone on for quite some time. Whether or not you consider Israel's actions another holocaust (a subject I'm not going to get into), there's no denying that the accusations have been around.

Here's a site that may not be one that you agree with, but it shows that what Chavez is saying now isn't anything new;
www.jewwatch.com...

What's interesting is that Chavez decides to say this now, and break off ties with Israel right now. Very interesting actually considering what's going on at the time, particuarly in that region.

Here we have reports of Syrian tanks ammasing on the Israeli border;
www.theconservativevoice.com...
Whether or not that's true doesn't matter, what matters is that the news story itself is evidence that the region is headed downhill and thats what the media wants.

Also, today we have Iran denying access to nuclear inspectors;
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Although this is an older story, we have Israel threatening Iran over it's nuclear program;
www.foxnews.com...

So, does Chavez really give a care about the Palestinians and Lebonese? Or has he simply been reading the news and has taken a side?

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Hey, if these people will get their homes back, then I am all for giving them my tax money. I will admit I got it much better than most people in Lebanon, especially at this time. I probably cannot send my own money without being detained as supporting terror. The US is overall a much better place than what like at least 70% of the world? I do not know for sure how the money will be spent, but I am sure the media and certain government watch agencies will update us on that in the coming months and onto next year.

I supported a good gesture man, just because you hate the guy does not mean he is not at least trying to make up for the mistakes of our independant territory of Israel. Cuz thats what it is!!

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormrider

You are incorrect, my use of the term "Zionist" is not congruent to zappafan1's use of the terms "Ham-ass and Hezbubble".

As pointed out by xmotex, the term "Zionist" is not a derogatory term and is used by Jewish nationalists freely to describe their values. Also the term "Zionist" is used in many Jewish nationalist organisation's titles.

I would like to also add that I have not tampered with, or infantilized the term in any way, shape or form. I have not changed "Zionist" into any sophmoric representation in the hope of denigrating them.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join