It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Venezuelan President Accuses Israel of "New Holocaust"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Venezuela's president Chavez has cut all ties with Israel and has accused Israel of genocide and committing a "new holocaust". Last month Chavez stated he would "stand by Iran at ant time and under any circumstances". Israel has also withdrew their ambassador due to the wild slurs of Chavez against the state of Israel.

news.bbc.co.uk
In a televised speech, Mr Chavez said he had "no interest in maintaining diplomatic relations, or offices, or businesses, or anything with a state like Israel".

Mr Chavez rounded on Israel at the weekend, accusing the Jewish state of committing a "new Holocaust".

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

It is understandable Chavez cutting ties with Israel due to his relationship with Iran and his apparent hatred of the U.S..

But to accuse Israel of genocide and of creating a "new holocaust"?

I don't see how he can even compare what the Nazi's did in WWII to the Jews to what has recently been going on. He has definitely just showed how close his ties are with Iran now.

[edit on 19/8/06 by Keyhole]

[edit on 19-8-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Strangely enough this is the first I have heard of this since it occured ten days ago (date posted in source). Perhaps the new global organization I have spoken of around here before could very well be coming into play in the coming years. Venezuela, Cuba, Iran, Syria, North Korea and a host of others soon to appear.

I prefer we simply let them be, they are all too small for a country the size of America to worry about, let alone Europe, China, Russia and the rest of the world.

I mean as it stands, I firmly believe the US alone has the military might to devastate all of them without any significant damage to hour homeland. That is entirely why we should just let them be. No need to destabalize the world, they know better and so do we (I hope we do).

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 11:03 PM
link   
The part of Chavez's statement that just blows me away is that he calls what the Israelies are doing is "GENOCIDE" and creating a "NEW HOLOCAUST".

I just can't see how he can even compare this to what the Nazi's did in WWII.

It's just insane to compare these as the same. It just goes to show how much Chavez is (in my opinion) under the influence of Iran (probably just because he hates the US so much).

I think the man is as much a kook as Iran's president.

[edit on 19/8/06 by Keyhole]

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Genocide is genocide whether it is with precision guided missles, crematoriums or gas chambers. It is still the targeted and intentional attempted Deliberate and systematic destruction of a racial, political, or cultural group.

Let him have his comments, it is his right as a citizen of his country, if not as the leader. I can honestly see the current administration in Israel cared nothing at all for the Lebanese civilians as they would intentionally target and destroy civilian housing complexes on a daily basis.

It is a new holocaust, and has nothing to do with numbers or methods, but intentions. You do not have to kill 6 million people with torture to commit genocide.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 11:35 PM
link   
How can it be a new Holocaust when they deny the first one ever took place?

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Anything For A Headline

This looks to me like an announcement that he is still happily aligned with Russia and China -- and not the U.S.

Unkind words about Israel, openly questioning the Holocaust and calling Israelis "Nazis" are part of the oath of allegiance to that axis, and no doubt will serve to cement a growing friendship with Iran as a partner in what may well be a new oil cartel.

Naturally the existing oil cartels can't be too pleased about this, and we can expect more fireworks soon in South America.

Always something happening on that geopolitical chess board.

[edit on 8/19/2006 by Majic]

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
This looks to me like an announcement that he is still happily aligned with Russia and China -- and not the U.S.

Unkind words about Israel, openly questioning the Holocaust and calling Israelis "Nazis" are part of the oath of allegiance to that axis, and no doubt will serve to cement a growing friendship with Iran as a partner in what may well be a new oil cartel.

Wow, I must have missed that, when did Hugo Chavez claim the Holocaust didn't occur? Also, when to Russia and China do that? Russia during the former days as the Soviet Union fought against the Nazis. As well, I don't recall Chavez calling the Israel government "Nazis," but rather said they acted in a manner similar to the Nazis.

Also, when people say that Chavez hates the US, do they mean the government? Because, it doesn't seem he has a problem with the people

[edit on 20-8-2006 by Jamuhn]

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by DYepes
It is a new holocaust, and has nothing to do with numbers or methods, but intentions. You do not have to kill 6 million people with torture to commit genocide.

You got the definition right. Israel however would have to systematically and consistently bomb, kill, maim, rape ect ALL or at least a MAJORITY of a group, ie Palestinians or Lebanese and actually succeed in order for the charge of genocide or holocaust to stick. Theyare words not to be used lightly. Those are words used for the murdering of a whole group of people on a massive, national scale.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Originally posted by Jamuhn

Wow, I must have missed that, when did Hugo Chavez claim the Holocaust didn't occur?
Also, when people say that Chavez hates the US, do they mean the government? Because, it doesn't seem he has a problem with the people

[edit on 20-8-2006 by Jamuhn]

No, Chavez never said the holocaust didn't happen, here is a quote from the article that this thread is about.

Source

"Israel has gone mad. It's attacking, doing the same thing to the Palestinian and Lebanese people that they have criticised - and with reason - the Holocaust. But this is a new Holocaust."

And I believe I might have been the one you were reffering to about Chavez hating the US, and you are right, I did mean the government.

[edit on 20/8/06 by Keyhole]

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I find nothing wrong with what he said.
Its really bad when people where killing the Jews, but now that the arabs are coping a beating, its ok cause they are terrorits???

What have we become?

TV did it to you

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 07:54 AM
link   
While israels actions in both lebanon and the west bank could be described as wanton disregard 4 civilians or even murder it falls below the genocide watermark.As 4 chavez and iran's president they have 3 things in common.1.they are both certifiable.2.both dangerous.3.both hellbent on a confrontation with the west 2 solidify the demagog persona's they sell 2 their dupes.erm i mean citizens.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I looked around, but came up empty. Was curious if there is a site around that tracks embassy closures, breaking of diplomatic relations, and/or diplomats being recalled. As trade talks breakdown and embassy staff are recalled, this could be considered a precursor to global war, hence my interest.

Apparently Chavez's policies are good for Venezuela's economy.
Venezuela’s Economy Continues Booming as Growth Hits 9.2%

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
How can it be a new Holocaust when they deny the first one ever took place?

Please, Please, provide a source that shows Chavez or the Venezuela administration denying the holocaust. I bet you can't...

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I must be part of the Axis of Evil as well as I too believe Israel has been carrying out genocide against the Palestinians for over 50 years. I also believe the Holocaust has been deliberately capitalized upon by the Zionists as some kind of convenient political tool. All too clearly did David Ben-Gurion state how important the Holocaust was towards furthering the Zionist cause.

"If I knew it was possible to save all [Jewish] children of Germany by their transfer to England and only half of them by transferring them to Eretz-Yisrael, I would choose the latter----because we are faced not only with the accounting of these [Jewish] children but also with the historical accounting of the Jewish People."

Isnt it nice how 'the Father of Israel' saw nothing wrong with sacrificing the lives of half of Germany's Jewish children if it meant securing the creation of Israel. And the people who question the Zionists are the bad guys...

Also Iran never said the Holocaust didnt occur, it said there are parts of the Holocaust that have been exaggerated by the Zionists. Ahmadinejad has been called a "Holocaust denier", which is a crime in Europe. But being a Holocaust denier doesnt just take in those who believe the Holocaust never occured, but all those who question the official account of how it occured. Ahmadinejad also said that Arab land should not have been given to the Zionists in response to the Holocaust, it suggested German land should of been given instead.

Given that the death toll figure of 6 million Jews has been cited since the 1940's I too would doubt some aspects of the Holocaust because in the 1990's Poland revised the death toll of Auschwitz downwards by over 3 million deaths. Yet the 6 million figure death toll continues to be the accepted number. Could this be due to the fact that it is illegal to discuss anything regarding the accepted norms of the Holocaust in Europe?

New ‘Official’ Changes in the Auschwitz Story

One of the most widely read books on the German wartime camp system is a detailed study written shortly after the end of the war by former Buchenwald inmate Eugen Kogon. This much-praised work, published in the United States under the title The Theory and Practice of Hell, reports that at Auschwitz alone there were “at least 3,500,000 victims, probably 4,500,000.” 4

[...]

Until 1989, notes Meyer, it was forbidden in eastern Europe to dispute the official finding that four million were killed at Auschwitz. At the Auschwitz State Museum, staff members who expressed doubts about this figure were threatened with disciplinary measures. In 1989 Israeli Holocaust historian Yehuda Bauer said that it is time to finally acknowledge that the familiar four million figure is a deliberate myth. 7 In July 1990 the Auschwitz State Museum, a Polish government agency, along with Israel’s Yad Vashem Holocaust Center, announced that altogether perhaps one million people (both Jews and non-Jews) died at Auschwitz. 8

Since over 3 million deaths have been acknowledged as a "deliberate myth" by an Israeli Holocaust historian at one death camp alone, why are we still told that 6 million people died? I point to the very basis of it's importance to the Zionist cause as illustrated by David Ben-Gurion's own quote. It was the catalyst they needed to secure the creation of the State of Israel.

There is no question that many thousands of Jews died at the hands of the Nazis. What people question is the final death toll figure, which is the case for every other genocide in history. There are still raging debates over how many Chinese died at the hands of the Japanese in WW2 and how many Russians the Germans AND the Russian government killed in the same period. None of this debate is illegal, yet the Holocaust's Jewish victims are completely off limits and illegal to debate in Europe.

And the West is free and democratic

[edit on 20/8/06 by subz]

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by pavil
and actually succeed in order for the charge of genocide or holocaust to stick.

Well than if the perp must succeed, than the Holocaust was neither genocide or a holocaust, because as we can see the Jewish people are still alive and stronger than ever today. So no, you don't have to successfully wipe out all of them. Genocide refers to the intent and action of, not the completion or how many.

Either way, noone is actually taking offensive action except Israel and America. Hezbollah is an independant militant group who were trying to come to the aid of the Palestinians in Gaza, although they had to end up just trying to survive themselves by doing so. Of course it did not help the Gaza situation any.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Ahmadinejad has drawn worldwide condemnation for calling for Israel's destruction and describing the Holocaust as a myth.
www.cnn.com...

Ahmadinejad has openly and consistently called for the total destruction of Israel and denied that the Holocaust ever happened. In a recent interview with Mike Wallace on the CBS show Sixty Minutes, he refused to either elaborate on his remarks or deny them. While Hugo Chavez has not, himself called the Holocaust a lie,however, his remarks equating the Israelis with their nazi oppressors of WWII and other remarks he has made about Jews, show he is an anti-semite, at the least.

During the month-long war between Israel and Hezbollah ( and let's be clear, they were only in Lebanon because of these terrorists)The IDF continually and consistently dropped tons of leaflets over attack areas, pre-strike, advising of the coming bombing and telling them to leave; it's not Israel's fault that they did not.
Genocide? I don't think so.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Ahmadinejad has drawn worldwide condemnation for calling for Israel's destruction and describing the Holocaust as a myth.
www.cnn.com...

Ahmadinejad has openly and consistently called for the total destruction of Israel and denied that the Holocaust ever happened. In a recent interview with Mike Wallace on the CBS show Sixty Minutes, he refused to either elaborate on his remarks or deny them. While Hugo Chavez has not, himself, called the Holocaust a lie, his remarks equating the Israelis with their nazi oppressors of WWII and other remarks he has made about Jews, show he is an anti-semite, at the least.

During the month-long war between Israel and Hezbollah ( and let's be clear, they were only in Lebanon because of these terrorists)The IDF continually and consistently dropped tons of leaflets over attack areas, pre-strike, advising of the coming bombing and telling them to leave; it's not Israel's fault that they did not.
Genocide? I don't think so.

[edit on 8/20/2006 by Stormrider]

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xfile
While israels actions in both Lebanon and the west bank could be described as wanton disregard 4 civilians or even murder it falls below the genocide watermark.

I totally agree with your satement.

So far 1,181 people have been killed by the Isreali's in Lebanon.

Lebanon Body Count

Lebanon's population is over 3 million.

Lebanon Atlas

I do not believe 1,181 deaths out of over 3 million people to qualify as "genocide".

If it does qualify as "genocide", what would you call all the carpet bombings that was done during WWII on populated cities by the US and Britian in Germany.
Genocide?

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Well Chavez's penchant for overheated hyperbole certainly seems intact.

I agree with the general sense being expressed here: while Israel's campaign against Lebanon has certainly been brutal (not to mention couterproductive), it doesn't come anywhere near genocide or a "New Holocaust".

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Chavez was refering to Israel's killings of Palestinians as well as the renewed ethnic cleansing of Southern Lebanon. Israel has been killing Palestinians en masse for over 50 years. Israel has cut off, starved, stolen from, shot, bombed and emargoed Palestinians in an effort to make them leave the Occupied Territories. They have illegally settled in the occupied territories in direct contravention of the UN Security Council demanding they leave. The Israelis are deliberately targetting Palestinians and killing them because they are Palestinian, that is genocide.

Hell, it took long enough for the Israelis to acknowledge there were such a thing as Palestinians. Talk about untermenchen and lebensraum, I'd say Chavez was right on the money with his analogy.

And how, pray tell, does saying Israel is acting like the Nazis make Chavez anti-semitic? How does criticising Israel effect Jews in America or Britain or Australia? He said nothing derogatory about Jews at all. He criticised people who happen to be Jewish, there is a difference. The automatic defensive mechanism which is the "anti-semite!" slur is useless here.

I hear lots of people rightly criticising Robert Mugabe of Zimbabwe, does that make us all racists because he's black?

[edit on 20/8/06 by subz]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join