It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three Sins, One Garden

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Adam didn't tell the absolute truth, he 'added to' the words of God. (deception)

(he told Eve do not touch or eat the fruit but God told Adam do not eat the fruit...and God didn't say tell Eve this nor did God tell Eve this, either)

The 'Serpent' coveted the wife of his neighbor. (envy)

(who was an angel; a seraphim, more specificially, who are described as fiery serpent-like angels)

Eve allowed herself to be seduced into doing something her husband told her not to do. (faithlessness)

(even if he added to the truth, he was still her husband and she did not obey him)

So, in that one day...

The flesh sinned (and died) - Adam.
The soul sinned (and was punished thereafter) - Eve.
The spirit/son of God fell (and worked until the end to redeem Eve and remove the curse) - the Serpent.

BUT in the end it was for the good of all involved: Adam, Eve, and the Son of God!

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
Adam didn't tell the absolute truth, he 'added to' the words of God. (deception)

(he told Eve do not touch or eat the fruit but God told Adam do not eat the fruit...and God didn't say tell Eve this nor did God tell Eve this, either)

The 'Serpent' coveted the wife of his neighbor. (envy)

(who was an angel; a seraphim, more specificially, who are described as fiery serpent-like angels)

Eve allowed herself to be seduced into doing something her husband told her not to do. (faithlessness)

(even if he added to the truth, he was still her husband and she did not obey him)

So, in that one day...

The flesh sinned (and died) - Adam.
The soul sinned (and was punished thereafter) - Eve.
The spirit/son of God fell (and worked until the end to redeem Eve and remove the curse) - the Serpent.

BUT in the end it was for the good of all involved: Adam, Eve, and the Son of God!

God did tell both to not eat of the tree of knowledge of good and evil and the women said onto the serpent WE my eat of the fruit of the tree of the graden.BUT of the fruit of the tree witch is in the midst of the garden GOD hath said ye shall not eat of it neither shall ye touch it lest die. read Genesis chapter 2 throught chapter 3 verse 3.

[edit on 8/21/2006 by pantherlady39]

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 10:50 PM
link   
No, read carefully:

Genesis 2:16-25
16~ And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:
17~ But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.
18~ And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.
19~ And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.
20~ And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him.
21~ And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;
22~ And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.
23~ And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.
24~ Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.
25~ And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.
Genesis 3:1-3
1~ Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?
2~ And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:
3~ But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.

Unless we read more into the story than is actually written, we cannot assume that anything was said that isn't written down. Because in doing so, many various scenarios would develop, depending on what is added in.

But just as it stands, we see that God told Adam not to eat of the fruit for he would die.
Then that is all that is said about it until the serpent asks Eve what God said. But Eve doesn't say 'God said.' She just says 'We may eat...'

If God told her, too, wouldn't He surely tell her the same thing He told Adam? And it would be written down?

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I see something that may add to this. Irrespective of who told who what, it seems odd that the message recieved by Adam and Eve suggests that for a man, it is okay to touch of the tree of knowledge but not eat, but for the woman; she may not eat of it or touch it. I think in a way it is symbolizing what goes into the body as speaking of the spiritual and what does not is the physical. Like the old phrase, "you are what you eat".

In this case, for man, he was made in the image of God so he was clean even if he handled the fruit of knowledge externally, but for the woman it was sin, because only she was told so (by whomever). Even so, it was forbidden for either to actually have the fruit of knowledge internally, for that would kill either one of them.

I see a connection between the spiritual aspects of what God describes as a man, and a woman -"that which comes from man".

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 12:48 AM
link   
ok you both are right and i'm sorry for being wrong.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 01:19 AM
link   
No one is wrong! Just learning, that's all!

Ben, that is an interesting take on it. I've only had my one perspective which is this:

the woman represents the soul...and the soul will not die to know the knowledge of good and evil, and in fact, needs to know those experiences.

Adam, representing mortal man (flesh), must die of this fruit, because part of 'evil' (which is really misery in the Hebrew) is dying and losing others to death.

Perhaps the snake said, to Eve, 'you won't die,' because she wouldn't. Maybe the directive was only meant to Adam, all along!

Who knows?

Interesting to ponder, though.

But without the soul eating that fruit, how else can we become like 'Sons of God' as is promised later on?

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 01:49 AM
link   
queenannie38, do you imply in the title to this argument that three represents God, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit sinning? Personally, I believe that none of the Godhead can sin!!!

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Now where did you get such an idea, Great Tech?

I mentioned Adam, Eve, and the Serpent.

Not the 'godhead.'

The three in the garden!

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   
And personally I dont believe in the Godhead. When Jesus died on the cross, He says ( MY GOD MY GOD why have YOU forsaken me.

top topics

join