It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

could element 116 be the key?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 01:43 PM
link   
ive been reading bob lazars site www.boblazar.com and skipped right to the important stuff... the propulsion of the craft. and from what i read if we can move up from only being able to transmutate element 112, to 115 with 116, we may find a way to achive even higher speeds than we can today.

The power source is a reactor which uses element 115 as its fuel. In this reactor element 115 is used as a target and is bombarded with protons in a small, highly sophisticated particle accelerator. When a proton fuses into the nucleus of an atom of 115, it is transmuted and becomes an atom of element 116.

We too can transmute elements here on earth, it is typically not done in this fashion, or at anywhere near this level of efficiency. Furthermore, we have yet to produce anything heavier than element 112.

is anyone an expert in transmutating elements? where do they do this stuff on earth? how seriouse are scientists being toward this practice? if you ask me scientists should focus their efforts on getting up to element 115.

am i right?

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Russian scientists from Dubna have already received 114, 116 and 118 elements in stable condition. They are currently investigating their properties and admit that these elements may exhibit unexpected characteristics...

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 10:45 PM
link   
do you have any links? any more info on element 116? any news on how it affects space and time? id love to learn more.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Here is what Wikipedia has to say about Ununpentium and Ununhextium. There are external links to other articles if you wish to read more about them.

If indeed these elements do have stable isotopes then they would certainly be of great interest to chemists. Quite how they would decay to produce anti-matter as Lazar claims however is unclear.

new topics

top topics

join