It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli commando raid and airstrikes within Lebanon!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 12:31 PM
link   
This just in from CNN news.

A commando raid and airstrikes against syrian and iranian weapons supplies to hezbollah!!

Heres the lik for the article.

This is not looking good for the peace to hold!

www.cnn.com...

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 01:57 PM
link   
It seems that 2 terrorists were also nabbed during the operation.
www.ynetnews.com...

bih

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 09:50 PM
link   
first of all they are not terrorists,its a resistance group. I heard that one israeli officer was killed and some wounded.they got what they deserved.imagine if hezbollah fired a rocket into israel? another war would start right away

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 09:55 PM
link   
are you honestly saying that the israelis who were injured/killed got what they deserved? are you that hateful towords israel?

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Any other links to support?

bih

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pita
are you honestly saying that the israelis who were injured/killed got what they deserved? are you that hateful towords israel?

yes when they attack lebanon for no reason,they shouldnt be there anyway

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by bih

No reason?

1- The unprovoked Kidnap of 2 soldiers and killing of at least 5 more.
2- Unprovoked attack of civilian and military targets on that same day.
Now to this weekends engagement:
UN resolution requires the disarming of Hizbullah, return of the kidnapped soldiers, weapons embargo on Hezbullah. None of the above happened and therefore Israel has the right to act to defend its civilians. ERGO attack on Hezbullah positions.

BTW if you think this is the only IDF military activity in Lebanon you are wrong. Israel is engaging in clandestine military activity in Lebanon ever since it was apparent Hezbullah and Lebanon have no intention of upholding the UN resolution which brought about the cease-fire. The only reason that this was publicized is that IDF troops were identified.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by JudahMaccabbi
No reason?

1. kidinaping of thousends of leboease and palistiaine cuvilians is enough reason
2. as i recal that was after the IDF started shelling cuvilians in leboenen and destroying a lot of infrontstructure

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
1. kidinaping of thousends of leboease and palistiaine cuvilians is enough reason

What 'thousands' of Lebanese were kidnapped? Prior to the hostilities a month ago there were 3 Lebanese prisoners one of which was cold blooded murderer Samir Kuntar. Since when is Hezbullah the defender or the statesman of the Palestinians. Aren't they supposed to represent the Lebanese Shiites rather than the Palestinian Sunnis.
You do realize that that is a lame excuse.
If you would like to talk about the Palestinian prisoners open a thread and invite me I'll be glad to pour some light on that subject as well.

2. as i recal that was after the IDF started shelling cuvilians in leboenen and destroying a lot of infrontstructure

You recall wrong. The initial attack also included Katusha and mortar attacks on civilians areas in which civilians were hurt.

Back to the thread. There will be more raids on Lebanon so long as UN resolution 1701 is not met to the letter.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Oh the Poor IDF are only Defending themselves!

Actually the IDF are Above the International Law so they can do whatever they want, and call that DEFENDING.

Cease Fire?

WHERE?!?

Imagine if Hizb'Allah troops would cross into Israel and start shooting?

WHOA!

I bet our Juddah Priest would have a Field Day here on ATS.

By the way Juddah - aren't you enlisted in da Army?

I thought they were calling up most of the reserves?

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I think the reason the Israelis gave for the raid was sufficient reason in their minds to conduct it. I would expect more of them over time, some even after U.N. reinforcements arrive and take up positions. It appears both Lebanon and the U.N. are reluctant to actually enforce the resolution that was adopted. That, of course, will not sit well with the Israelis who only agreed with the resolution because it gave them what they wanted concerning Hezbollah.

To the U.N. and Lebanon (and probably others as well) the resolution was merely a means to stop the war and not a means to rid Lebanon of Hezbollah. I suspect the differences in interpretation of the resolution will lead to further conflict before a compromise is reached.

[edit on 20-8-2006 by Astronomer70]

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
By the way Juddah - aren't you enlisted in da Army?

I thought they were calling up most of the reserves?

Putting aside all your babble I will answer this one.

Yes I was called up and I went proudly to serve. My cousin was called up and is still serving, my work associate too.
A vast majority of reservists though were not called up since the call-up wasn't all that large.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Back to the thread. There will be more raids on Lebanon so long as UN resolution 1701 is not met to the letter.

Look Judah,

it's not your job to enforce UN resolutions concerning Lebanon. You don't have the mandate to do that. It's Lebanese government, army and UN's job to do that.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by yanchek

Look Judah,

it's not your job to enforce UN resolutions concerning Lebanon. You don't have the mandate to do that. It's Lebanese government, army and UN's job to do that.

I agree with you but the problem arises when the UN, the Lebanese government and the Army doesn't do their job. For example we can take the last 6 years. A previous UN resolution on the disarmament of Hezbullah and the Lebanese army deployment in the south of Lebanon was ignored.

This time Israel will not let up and hold everyone up to their side of the bargin.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 02:43 PM
link   

This time Israel will not let up and hold everyone up to their side of the bargin.

I understand your distrust. Lots of It going around these days.

From UN Resolution 1701
OP1. Calls for a full cessation of hostilities based upon, in particular, the immediate cessation by Hezbollah of all attacks and the immediate cessation by Israel of all offensive military operations

According to UN resolution 1701 you are in breach because this raid is an offensive military operation. IMO Israel shoud practice restraint till 31st August 2006 when the new UN resolution will be passed. With this actions Israel is just fueling already volotile situation.

[edit on 20-8-2006 by yanchek]

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 03:56 PM
link   
it's odd that this huge battle causing massive amounts of suffering on both sides was caused by 3 THREE people being kidnapped.

does israel not have some sort of spec ops they could send into lebanon to blend in so they can find the people then silently extract them?

did they really have to use massive airstrikes?

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Any other country has and would have done the exact same thing as the IDF with the Israel-Hezzbolah conflict. The first Gulf War, Kashmir, the Falkland War, and all those civil wars over in the continent of Africa have their various reasons and that's that. As though every war didn't have greed and over protective factors at their cores._

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by risitar
Any other country has and would have done the exact same thing as the IDF with the Israel-Hezzbolah conflict.

I am sorry but let me remind you that you are wrong.

Iran held American hostages for a year.

US did not decide to bomb the crap out of Tehran.

Its good to study a little history now and then.

bih

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by bih

No reason?

Now to this weekends engagement:
UN resolution requires the disarming of Hizbullah, return of the kidnapped soldiers, weapons embargo on Hezbullah. None of the above happened and therefore Israel has the right to act to defend its civilians. ERGO attack on Hezbullah positions.

BTW if you think this is the only IDF military activity in Lebanon you are wrong. Israel is engaging in clandestine military activity in Lebanon ever since it was apparent Hezbullah and Lebanon have no intention of upholding the UN resolution which brought about the cease-fire. The only reason that this was publicized is that IDF troops were identified.

I said after the cease-fire was put in place,and even now israelis planes are flying over lebanon

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 11:30 PM
link   
bih,

are we forgetting that UN resolution 1701 is not being met as of yet by the Lebanese, Hizbullah and the international community as a whole. The UN resolution was not about a cease-fire alone it had other issues that needed to be addressed as well. So long as the other issues are being ignored the cease-fire is not going to be very binding.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join