It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ai help and messenger help

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Hi,

I dont know if this is appropriate to ask here.. but if not. Close it please.

Just a question if there are guys and girls here who want to chat about AI and stuff. Im new in this and reading a Kurzweil book now. And its so cool to read. Also a bit frightening. But well hope that there are people who want to chat about this, or they now people who are in this idustry... also i would like to know were i can research this subject myself. Like institutions i can write.

Hope someone can help me out, google didnt hahaha or i just searched incorrect.

Kind regards and many thanks

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 01:11 AM
link   
In my opinion, AI is nothing more than recreating thought process within an electronic or optical environment, rather than an electro-chemical environment.

One problem with AI, it seems, is that nobody is creating a favorable/unfavorable reaction. That is how we learn. If we find an unfavorable reaction, we don't do whatever caused that reaction again. It's the "Good boy/Bad boy" effect, like how we humans train animals. If someone could program a computer to react favorably or unfavorably, or if we could tell our computers "good boy" or "bad boy", we could teach our computers to learn.

Now, as far as horror stories go, I could see how a definite electronic or optical process could allow a computer to learn more efficietly than humans. It is much easier to save definite information in a computer... we rely on computers to remember solid information, that us humans seem to blur and confuse. As long as we don't allow computers to outsmart us, we would be OK. The worst part I can forsee is that a majority of humans become reliant on our AI friends to think for us and we become essentially stupid, thus letting the computers take over for us.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Im just on page 45 of the singularity is near. And in 2029 the first strong AI will pass the turing test. The ai then will begin to create faster thinking or processing brains for the ai. So that AI will make themselves faster and faster, and well begin to take on tasks were our brain stop. If we have a thing power of 100, strong ai will have that x 100000 so major issues and qeustions will be solved by them. And it seems then that we come on the second place. When talking about intelligence. Thats maybe a frightening thought!!

new topics

join