It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Editing Posts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Maybe this has been addressed before so I apologize if that's so.

When editing a post it sends you back one page instead of keeping you on the page with your edited post. Is this by design? Bug?

Also, is it necessary to add the EDITED tag. It seems to just take up more room.

Thanks

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I like that it shows it was edited, but perhaps at the top in the subject it could say edited, edited x amount of times...

Just a thought.

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 09:33 PM
link   
...hmmm...dunno, may be a bug or something...

...as for the 'editted by' tag at the bottom, while taking up space it can serve to show that someone has later editted a post if there is question about what may have been originally posted...for instance, if someone claims "I didn't say that", and there is record of the post being editted, it may well show that person is perhaps backtracking on something...meh, maybe thats just the paranoia speaking...

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 09:43 PM
link   
1. I think the issue of the page you are linked to after editing dates to the time the default posts per page was reset at 14. Don't know how, but I think that's when this started occuring.

2. If you want to remove previous edit marks when you are updating a post you can delete them and leave your last one only. Looks better. Otherwise I would have 20-30 in some threads like the Pocket Guide to Banned Members. I am happier to know that someone has edited a post, some people take the time to note down why they did.

new topics

top topics

join