It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My new dog Troy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 10:20 AM
link   
He is a 10 month old Blue nose American Urban Assault Dog(my Name for them) or Pit bull, or American Bull Terrier.

These dogs can be your best friends or your worst enemy.. Just Depends on how you raise them.

We rescued him off of craigslist. Just might be the best thing to come off Of craigslist. He is so sweet, He is the perfect dog. He befriended us almost on the spot.

He is only 10 months and weights in at 65 pounds, geez.. he is good with cats, which is rare.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I've had the pleasure of knowing a few of this breed and they're a wonderful companion.
They were recently banned in the area I live, and owners must have them sterilized, must have a licence, and can't give, trade, or sell them. This is an effort to rid them from Ontario completely. :shk:

I've seen a friends dog of the same breed save the family from a home invasion with the attackers running away with the dog hanging from their ass, and the same dog allow their 2 year old to pull it's tail and ride it's back without any fear that the dog would turn on the kid.

Raised right, this will be a long time friend that you can count on for protection when required.

EDIT TO ADD: You sure picked a good looking one.....

[edit on 19/8/2006 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Congrats on the nice lookin' pup.

I own two myself, and you will find that these are very intelligent dogs.

Pitbulls in general get a bad rap due to the fact that some morons train them to be mean.

Heck, you can train a poodle to be mean, it's all in the way they are raised.

F.Y.I. Did you know that Helen keller and Teddy Roosevelt had pits as pets.

As a matter of fact, back in the 1800's (before people gave pits a bad reputation)
their nickname was the "child's nurse maids" because people could leave their children at home with the family pit while they went into town, knowing that the dog would protect their children.

Google "historical pitbulls" I think you'll be amazed what you will learn about this amazing breed.

Oh, by the way, don't believe the crap about them with cats either, if you socialize them with other animals, cats included, they will be fine with them.

As a matter of fact, our two play with our cat all the time, and my buddy's pit's best friend is a ferret!

I will have to read up on posting pics so I can show you our two babies.

Again, congrats on your new pup, but please, don't believe all the hype you hear about these amazing animals.

Later,... Ausable_Bill

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Thanks so much, He really is so perfect for us and a perfect dog.

Some time you just get lucky.

He came with pin, he has outgrow it but who cares, food dishes, chipped and Collar which I will replace in like an hour . Soon as Pet Smart opens.

I paid nothing for him. He was free.. Shots and all.

I did give the people 40 bucks because they delivered him to me. They didn't ask for the money.

Its so funny, they only thing I really wanted in our new home was a dog. The first time I look for the dog he is there and free. The girl and her boyfriend said they got like five or six replies and mine was the best. When I seen the listing it was a day later then when it was posted.

I got really lucky with this GREAT pup.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Ausable_Bill, thanks for your insite. I do know alot of the history, but can one ever know all?

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ausable_Bill

As a matter of fact, back in the 1800's (before people gave pits a bad reputation)
their nickname was the "child's nurse maids" because people could leave their children at home with the family pit while they went into town, knowing that the dog would protect their children.

I can attest to that.
When my buddies 3rd child was born their dog became a constant guardian of the newborn. If the baby cried the dog was the first one to go investigate, and she would sleep right beside the infant to give him comfort.
Even with a party of kids in the yard the dog understood that this was it's pack and just enjoyed all the play.

It's too bad the breed got a bad reputation, but I blame the owners for that, not the animal.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Nice lookin' pittie...

I've got two myself... great dogs.

Both of mine are pretty much babies... doubt they would protect me if it came down to it, but these dogs never cease to amaze me.

Got two springs set up for 'em... got 360lbs for my 70lb 4 year old, and 200bs for my 75 b 10 year old. They'll pull on 'em for as long as you let 'em.

Got to watch my younger one though... he get's hot really easy, and it's just a quick walk to the swamp, which he doesn't hesitate to lay in

Ausable_bill:
Your name, plus the fact that you have two pitties make me suspect that I know you.

You didn't by chace grow up in Willsboro, NY, have a Dad who's a major pharma exec, attend Plattsburgh State, and have two pitties, a psycho named Dylan, and a kind of crotchety old bitch named Crystal? Just curious... if this is you... we ummmm... know each other.

[edit on 15-9-2006 by mattison0922]

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 09:27 PM
link   
American staff terriers are excellent dogs...

Theye are good hearted, and will protect you to the end.
They are usualy friendly towards other people (kids)
however, they can be very dominate and sometimes aggressive if provoked..

Mine loves raw oxtail....

Dont let your homeowners insurance co know you have one...They might tell you to get rid of it, or cancel your policy.

PEADY-

new topics

top topics

join