It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient History, what is the real story?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marduk
hint might help if you actually mentioned his name ??

[edit on 2-9-2006 by Marduk]

I likely have it wrong, but I did post it in a title above... Li chung yun? Don't know how correct that is but it's similar.
There was also a national geographic magazine that had a story about Russians who claimed to be very old, one man claimed 167, while a couple was photographed on their 100th wedding anniversary. It is possible its true.

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Tetragrammaton will get you for that one, Marduk!

pfft

Tetragrammaton nothing
you can't even say it

en.wikipedia.org...

i bet only the biblical scholars will get that one eh

Scholars schmolars, I got it from a Dr. Strange comic book back in the sixties. Dr. Strange, who was in the habit of calling on various particularly powerful deities when his native majic wasn't powerful enough to defeat this or that foe, called on Tetragrammaton in an inspired moment when he was battling Dracula. You better believe that that particular name resulted in the defeat of the evil, undead Count! (Dracula survived to later go on to found his own series of comics at Marvel, along with his son, Son of Dracula.) I guess while crime may not pay, pure evil certainly does. I'd like to get a comic book deal. Call it HARTE ATTACK! or something.

A quick look into the dictionary revealed who the Deity was, and let me know why Dr. Strange said to himself "Of course! I must call on Tetreagrammaton! Why didn't I think of it earlier??!!" or some such melodramatic soliloquism.

A fine moment in literary history, IMO.

Harte

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 01:11 AM
link   
At what point does faith become evidence,and the search for evidence,not entail faith?

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Well, I hope you all did not miss me much. I moved recently and this is the first time I have been able to worm into a Wireless Conx for some time.

Your a funny guy Harte Nuk Nuk

And I see some more reasonable offering have been offered, and then we get here.

the authors would have gone to much greater lengths to “prove” what they are saying is accurate.

The Authors were saying that YHWH is the one true god and that anyone who isn't a strict religious Jew is going to hell.

Where is this noted in the Bible?

Do not mislead my friend. It's in Bad Taste!!!

It has been proved wrong over and over again

Again, my friend. Show us these lies in the Bible. Expand on this mindset of fabrication, so we all learn the wisdom your alone, seem to harbour.

....just recently the catholic church itself has admitted that parts of the bible are wrong
www.timesonline.co.uk...

in other words
historians archaelogists and the church say the bible is wrong
and you are in a minority of one saying it isn't ?

But of course, you use a headline, but do not reflect upon the text of that Link.

The Doctrine of the Catholic Church (A dogma based on MAN and not GOD) claims that their past ANTI-SEMITE Hatred was based on misinterpetation on those Verses in Matthew.

Of the notorious anti-Jewish curse in Matthew 27:25, “His blood be on us and on our children”, a passage used to justify centuries of anti-Semitism, the bishops say these and other words must never be used again as a pretext to treat Jewish people with contempt. Describing this passage as an example of dramatic exaggeration, the bishops say they have had “tragic consequences” in encouraging hatred and persecution.

Of course there is the push that is coming from the Vatican in respects to Jerusalem, so the Jew's, who the Catholic Church has hated, must be brought into the fold.

The balance is the text, seem quite clear.

THE CATHOLIC CHURCH PREPARING THE WAY OF THE ANTICHRIST.

Afterall, Pope Bennie will introduce him to us all very soon, and they can not afford to place any creditbility upon the Revelations and Daniel Prophecies. This would become a Conflict of Interest in the Dogma they are pushing.

But, aside from this, there is very little to express the Bible is not accurate, and is a further example of the premise spoken to in other Topics here about who is running the Doctrines taught by the Chruch today.

I am sure as time goes on, I'll have more to say, but checking emails (800 Messages) has killed by Battery.

Until then

Ciao

Shane

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join