It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why haven't the Aliens tried to contact us officially?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 06:48 PM
link   
There was a saying that in China there are only 6 people. Which means that there are only 6 people worth knowing to get things done.

Maybe here on earth there are only 6 people as well. If you are not one of the six you do not count in the scheme of things.

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 07:00 PM
link   
In reply to devindar's post.

Frankly, I really don't think the human race has much culture to hold on to. Those that are religious are going to hold on to that, no matter what scientific evidence they are presented with it. The rest of our culture involves logos and fast food. But oh yeah, lets keep that, cause its doing a world of good for us

Now there are some places on Earth that have retained their culture, and if they can hold off corporate greed and burgers, how hard can aliens be?

I know this has sorta digressed from the original topic, but I had to say it. Hope ya don't mind

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 09:03 PM
link   
A new heaven and a new earth doesnt seem to far fetched after reading this thread.

I think i posted on the wrong topic here.

[Edited on 6-11-2003 by jrod]

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Someone mentioned that they have contacted us, but that our government won't release it, to which someone else replied with: "Why wouldn't they tell us? It would be a great boost in pride to our country."

Not so.

If people knew their were alien beings in our midst, they would begin to call into question their faith(s). Most Christians take the bible too literally, and forget all the "ET-esque" encounters in the bible. The Bible is dripping with alien imagery. Problem is...most religous people think angels have wings and strum harps.

The idea of angels riding starships and having long arms isn't feasible to them...so they think their faith is a lie. The Government doesn't want that. Would create a state of anarchy.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by surfup
But wouldn't the government want to make it public and take pride in it?
That would be a real boost to self-image of that country.

I can relate to "MrRadicalEd" Aliens might want to study more about us before contacting us.

And to "crayon" if the Aliens have developed flight to a different star system, they must be really advanced and probably not afraid of us. Even if they are less or equal to our technology, we are evolving. I mean aside from couple of small wars, there haven?t been any major wars and we have improved a lot on democracy and equality. Haven't we?

I'm not sure. If we see a creature, a bull or pit bull for example then we naturally fear it, though we have weapons that will obliterate it we do not normally want to hurt it but we find it hard to be close to it for fear it may attack.

I am by no means a Star Trek fan thoughg I, as everyone else, knows a little about it and I am definately of the opinion, like ST that they would wait till a technological breakthrough which brings us closer to their evolution.

This more than anything makes sense to me.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 03:47 PM
link   
has anyone heard of the light in northern california in april of 1995? it streched some 200 miles over humboldt county calif around 8 pm at night, a bright white blue and lit the night sky up like daytime, there was no explanation for it and it was quickly forgotten about

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 03:52 PM
link   
JESUS!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I aliens ever did contact us I'm quite sure the majority would not take it well they r waiting till we become more peaceful

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 01:36 PM
link   
seriously think about it if an alien ship landed in front of you would a)stay there and talk to them or b)run away

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 01:55 PM
link   
why can i not see the latest post here?

The last post i can see is my sarcastic post which simply reads "JESUS!"

BUt that cant be as this thread is now at the top and it tells me the last poster was someone called James something or other.

Why cant i see his post?

I would be grateful for any info.

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I just checked my ignore list to be sure and I am definately not ignoring anybody! (in fact, i never have ignored anyone, getting to the point where you have such strong emotions about someone you only know through seeing their typing is a little scary if you ask me!). So has a mod deleted this post because it was mad, bad and dangerous to read?

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Let's assume that there is a "first contact" and it can't be covered up. At this point all the countries in the world become pretty much united. There is widespread panic all across the globe, people don't know whether the aliens are hostile or peaceful.

Things calm down during the next ten years and we are given the technology required by interstellar travel. Mankind slowly but surely builds it's fleet of starships. At first they are not armed but later on huge fleets of armed spacecrafts are built.

Then, one day we notice that we have a more powerful spacefleet than the aliens. The governments start to bang the war drums saying we have to attack to ensure the survival of our race.

Whose to say we couldn't be the evil invading aliens seen in the movies?

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 09:06 PM
link   
thats a very interesting view, paradigm. we just MIGHT be the evil aliens.

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by sftprez
thats a very interesting view, paradigm. we just MIGHT be the evil aliens.

Thanks. I've been thinking about that possibility quite a lot lately. When you look at world these days, it doesn't seem that impossible.

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Our species is too greedy. We've almost wiped out the world a couple of times with nukes. Whats not to stop us from conquering an alien civilization if we come across the right technology. We are responsible for millions of extinctions on Earth, it is a safe bet that we would do the same extraterristrials.

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrod
Our species is too greedy. We've almost wiped out the world a couple of times with nukes. Whats not to stop us from conquering an alien civilization if we come across the right technology. We are responsible for millions of extinctions on Earth, it is a safe bet that we would do the same extraterristrials.

If we had the right technology we would definately take on a less developed alien civilization. We'd probably be classified as "terrorists" by some universal organization

Here's an interesting thought. What if the human race was indeed a creation of some ancient alien race. Let's assume that we would find them eventually and find out that we weren't a creation of natural evolution, but rather a product of genetic engineering.

Everything would be peaceful for some time, but then we would decide to launch a surprise attack and invade them.

The aliens created a race (us) that eventually led to their demise. We, humans, would destroy our creators. How freaky would that be?

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Funny that the aliens I described to John Bull for the debate were made by an advanced civilization and gained the power to take them over.

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrod
Funny that the aliens I described to John Bull for the debate were made by an advanced civilization and gained the power to take them over.

Heh, I gotta read that debate. But, how would you feel if we would destroy our "creators"? I would be kinda freaked out by that.

I mean, I would be kinda proud of the fact that we rose in a relatively short time to a point where we could outsmart a civilization thousands of years older than us. It would be a testament to human ingenuity and military prowess.

But on the other hand, it would also be a testament to human brutality.

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 03:42 PM
link   
People won't be able to understand or accept that we are a lower species which has been cultivated and used by a superior species from the beginning.

The superior species is so much more powerful than us that we wouldn't be able to live with ourselves knowing that we are little more than microbes with an attitude.

The aliens have technology in place which we cannot perceive because we don't have the correct senses. It's like the way that dogs aren't able to see color because their sense of sight isn't developed in the necessary way.

Humans have alien technology implanted within them, and many humans are nothing more than bionic cyborgs carrying out programs of activity for the aliens. Many of these programs are designed to lead people away from any knowledge of the aliens; and so the cyborgs in question would appear to be anti-alien in the extreme. This of course would include various government officials whose task is to censor alien related material from reaching the public.

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Aztec were are ya getting all the info you seam to know from?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join