Why haven't the Aliens tried to contact us officially?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Why havent the extraterrestrials attempts to form a treaty or some form contact with the governments?

If I was from another planet and I find life in new planet, I would attempt communication with the two worlds or get to know about them more.

I don't remember UFO's talking to U.S. government or any other type of government. What does that mean?

I am not trying to sound Anti-Aliens or something; I believe I'm not alone in the universe and that there is some kind of intelligence out there trying to contact us at this very moment?

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Maybe they know about the history of the Human race. We find a new land, kill those that are there and claim it for themselves.

I for one would not want to even bother dealing with that. Specially when humans are probably lagging in technological advances. Of course its all just speculation.

Also, whos to say they have not contacted us? There are lots of things the government hides from us.

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Maybe their goal requires no open contact untill they see it is the right time... or if even that. Maybe the aliens don't want any open contact with us and prefer to do things in more obscure ways.

wait. The more I read this the more I think it is a reply and a new topic :/

[Edited on 1-11-2003 by MrRadicalEd]

GEX

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 08:52 PM
link   
May be aliens have contacted the government. And I think they HAVE contacted. But govnt just lies to us.

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 08:54 PM
link   
i agree with GEX. i think it is all hidden from us by the government or military at dulce and Area 51.

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 08:58 PM
link   
is dulce with them reptial aleins???

grr, i realy think that is FAKE, theres no proof for it.

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 09:02 PM
link   
But wouldn't the government want to make it public and take pride in it?
That would be a real boost to self-image of that country.

I can relate to "MrRadicalEd" Aliens might want to study more about us before contacting us.

And to "crayon" if the Aliens have developed flight to a different star system, they must be really advanced and probably not afraid of us. Even if they are less or equal to our technology, we are evolving. I mean aside from couple of small wars, there havent been any major wars and we have improved a lot on democracy and equality. Haven't we?

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Yes, space flight and the like does point to a more advanced species. I guess I was trying to say, they want to be friends, but know that we like to control, so they would be forced to remove us, and they don't want to do that to a society that is in its infant stages of technology.

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Wouldn't they rather destroy us before we become a threat to them and plunder our resources?
I am sure they might have learned from experience that even a small hole might sink the ship.
What would you do if you were the Alien and encounter life on Earth?

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Maybe they have contacted us, we just can't recieve it. Possibly technology we don't possess, possibly the signal isn't strong enough, or possibly the sun is masking the waves with its own output.

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 09:21 PM
link   
We touched this topic of in this post. Could be insightful

But surfup, that is a good question. Wouldn't the government want to make it public and take pride in it?

Well thats hard for a government to do when nations contain different type of people. These people's reaction to this news could be life changing.. and even country changing as well. Think about religions that start to acknowledge this fact actually infringe on the religions themselves.. suicides could happen.. hysteria would develope and maybe spread. Businesses may stop operating.. all sorts of things could happen.

Even if a government would release a small portion of news that contact was made with extraterrestrials the public wouldn't stop with that statement in this day and age. Maybe in the 30s, 40s, and 50s, but when so much has been exposed its like the saying "Give an inch, and they will take a mile"

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 09:21 PM
link   
that seems like a pretty good theory, Pherophile

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 09:23 PM
link   
How long do you think they have trying to contact us? Months, Years, Decades or centuries?

I am guessing Decades.

If they are trying to contact us where will get their signal sometime, right?

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 09:27 PM
link   
maybe aliens HAVE contacted governments...
but i suspect that they are more interested in real people instead of abstract institutions. It's not so hard to find an alien to talk to if you are willing to suspend disbelief and go for it.

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Woah now there is a difference between alien civilizations trying to make contact with earth, and this topic "Why havent the extraterrestrials attempts to form a treaty or some form contact with the governments"

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 09:43 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 09:46 PM
link   
There's a joke...

Why were we contacted by people from pluto nstead of another planet?

They drew the short straw!

Stupid joke, I know, but it got me to thinking. Seriously, why would we want to contact aliens? Beyond the 'hey, aliens, cool' what good would it serve us? The odds are very low they would just give us technology, especially if they know anything about humans.

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 09:49 PM
link   
yeah. i agree. they aren't just going to hand over their technology to us. that would be about the worst thing they could do if they knew how we'd probably use it.

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrRadicalEd
Woah now there is a difference between alien civilizations trying to make contact with earth, and this topic

Hey this is a free country. We can almost do what we want to.

One thing is for sure, if I was a country's head and ET's contacted me, next day that will make headlines.

If we try to prevent changes, U.S. wouldn't be here today. For a time there will be chaos, but as time goes by people will accept it and learn to live with it. If that happens, it won't be the first time people have done that.

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by surfup

If we try to prevent changes, U.S. wouldn't be here today. For a time there will be chaos, but as time goes by people will accept it and learn to live with it.

It would take quite a while, though, lifetimes. This is one reason I believe some conspiracies are good. A majority of the public is entirely too stupid to comprehend certain things, and frankly shouldn't be able to deal with it. I know this anti-democratic, but face it, its true.

new topics
top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join