It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scan This!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Here's a thought.

Lets say that just as the books are kept for energy the same could be true for information.

What if, for sake of argument, the Inet has become so vast that it begins to mimick consciousness. And let us further suppose that the commodity of consomption is information.

O-K, we have been doing some work on the balance of energy with other heretofore unknown life forms, but here at ATS we always strive to stay ahead of the conspiracy curve. Why diddle around with mere things that go bump in the night when we can possibly prove that the Inet is addictive because it is feeding a massive artificial intelligence far beyond our limited perceptions?

How would we go about finding out about this? What programs and strategies could we use to uncover such a possibility? What good can it do anybody to know this?

The first thing I would do is ask the ones who are already in the know, the Transhumans. Let's ask them what's up!

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Hey Matyas, what a great thread you thought of there! I don't care if you are a narcissist, this at least gets the forum off of tired old UFOs and aliens! How about this link here for your review? I thought it was very revealing! If you check out the master race article they give a good list of new beings completely different from what we are like and it is not just possible, it is probable as soon as this year! Great job Matyas!

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I am sorry... I have been confused into oblivion.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Matyas
Lets say that just as the books are kept for energy the same could be true for information.

Hi Matyas,

I don't quite understand the above quote.

sanc

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 03:26 AM
link   
What am I going to do with you "scholars"?!

Go back to your respective dept, and redirect this energy of yours towords perhaps explaining this thread. Also while your at it, poke and prod the others with these white hot scalding irons till they do the same.

Then once every one is in motion, remember this.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Yeah, I'm confused.

Perhaps two people with the same comp have accounts.

Anyways, as to what was initialy said;
I do agree that eventually it's possible that the net will go sentient.
But I don't think it will for atleast half a century of continued growth.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 04:09 AM
link   
It sounds like it's related to artificial intelligence.............um.......not convinced a machine can be a sentient being,but....*SHRUG*

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Here's a thought.

So you are saying that information is kept for energy, just as books are kept for energy? Who keeps the books? Librarians? So, are the librarians also the conspiritors behind keeping the information for energy?

I'm sorry. The rest of your post just seems to elude my perception of logic.

The only thing i understand of it is that you think the consciousness that is the internet is feeding off the information that it relays. You feel that a system of relaying information that is utlized by humanity is a self aware entity unto itself, and that the sentient internet is why you think that the internet is addictive.

We are addicted to the conscious, self aware, and sentient internet because it is these things, and it's very source of intake is our information?

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Here's a thought.

What if, for sake of argument, the Inet has become so vast that it begins to mimick consciousness. And let us further suppose that the commodity of consomption is information.

O-K, we have been doing some work on the balance of energy with other heretofore unknown life forms, but here at ATS we always strive to stay ahead of the conspiracy curve. Why diddle around with mere things that go bump in the night when we can possibly prove that the Inet is addictive because it is feeding a massive artificial intelligence far beyond our limited perceptions?

How would we go about finding out about this? What programs and strategies could we use to uncover such a possibility? What good can it do anybody to know this?

The first thing I would do is ask the ones who are already in the know, the Transhumans. Let's ask them what's up!

your thinking wrong not only would you need software but circitry would have to be recreated to apease a 3 base logic system for ai to be possible. If binary code ever came into contact with a date it couldnt compute it might cause a cascade failur that could potentialy generate an extra set of pathways on a circuit for extra data to be compiled. Much like how the human brain works. The circuit much like mutation of a strand of DNA or nuclieatide sequence of RNA.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Ok, Matyas, tell me if I'm wrong but I think I know what you're talking about.

Looking at concepts such as R. Dawkins' 'Memes' and Sheldrake's 'Morphic Resonance' with a little knnowledge of quantum physics, particularly string theory, you come up with a sketchy outline of a theory of how thoughts are themselves alive and are original to material existence. This is a bit lengthy to explain, do ask if you want to know more, but it should suffice to say that this is the basis to Plato's World of Ideas, to Kant's ideas on perception and can be found in many mystery schools including the Cabala and Gnosticism.

ANYWAY!!! Sen from this point of view you can imagine what the internet becomes! It becomes a MASSIVE directing force for thought that could, just as we would be in theory, alive (the thought coming first and the body only being a projection of it, flesh for us, information highway and hardware for the net).

It is most interesting to note tht the number 10 billion has a key role to play in such things. It is for example when the foetus' brain reaches around 10 billion neurones that they all start to interconnect which you must admit sounds quite a lot like the evolution of communication between humans (telephone wires and internet cables exponentially exploded when we were not far from this magic number!)

Hope this has at least informed or roused the curiosity of or lessened the confusion of at least somebody!!!!

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I still don't understand the meaning of this thread, but if the Internet were to be "alive" it is a pretty shabby way to live.

The Internet is comprised of tons of computer systems. Together they all form the Internet that we know.

Now if the Internet acted like your brain, well you would have severe problems.

Imagine if one day you forgot everything you knew about conspiracies and the paranormal... It just disappeared. Well if the ATS servers shut down, that's what it would be the like for the "Internet brain"

Its not exactly the best way to live now is it. Kind of like a mixture of multiple sclerosis and alzheimer's.

And other viruses !

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Hmm. Little bit of a surprise here. Maybe I posted this when I was a little lit. Its been a while since I have been on ATS.

I'll go ahead and claim it. It would probably make a good discussion.

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Hmm. Little bit of a surprise here. Maybe I posted this when I was a little lit. Its been a while since I have been on ATS.

I'll go ahead and claim it. It would probably make a good discussion.

Most likely the Inet used your ID to stir up confusion... you can't have a conspiracy without creating confusion first

And maybe thats why you got zapped by that barrage of viruses... it needed to keep you occupied while it took over your identity

[edit on 13-10-2006 by zorgon]

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon...Most likely the Inet used your ID to stir up confusion... you can't have a conspiracy without creating confusion first

And maybe thats why you got zapped by that barrage of viruses... it needed to keep you occupied while it took over your identity

Then again maybe not. I think my system was infected when I first got the computer. It is never a sure thing when we deal with conspiracies. And being on ATS did not help either.

Unlike some people, I will not say "bring it on!" because I know my system is not 100% fullproof (or foolproof?
)! Garbage goes both ways, let's not forget that.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 08:39 PM
link   
This is one hit from Google for eugenics and transhuman.

Apparently they don't think it is so shabby. I think it stretches vision a little too far.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I think you meant to sign in as somebody else for your second post, to make your original post look good and give it credit. Only you made a mistake and still posted under your own name, probably due to beer or weed.

As for the original post I doubt you even believe what you wrote, for one coz its a load of crap, and two, coz you probably wanted to see how many people you could fool if you had posted your second post under a different name and made at least one person 'believe' in it, and see how many followed.

Thats my 0.02p worth.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by McphistoThats my 0.02p worth.

I love your avatar! That is cool.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 10:18 PM
link   

thanks
hes my pet, I keep him in a box under my bed!

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 03:30 AM
link   
matyas, i liked it, it gives food for thought. now your body is made up of tiny cells and all of them have some kind of energy. now lets say that this collective energy information, which is you and all you make up to be including your thoughts or stored memories. that energy is stored in your brain. so when you die that energy must go somewhere, its a conscious energy, you. well , what if there were a collector, god , so now he has your energy and uses it for the collective.

[edit on 16-10-2006 by littlebird]

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Oh yeah!? That's YOUR Toothbrush

Originally posted by littlebird so when you die that energy must go somewhere, its a conscious energy, you. well , what if there were a collector, god , so now he has your energy and uses it for the collective.

No one's collectin MY energy... I will need it for the next level

[edit on 16-10-2006 by zorgon]

new topics

top topics

join