It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SU30 Video

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 12:56 AM
link   
This is the most amazing aircraft I have ever seen. It's ability to turn and twist is unparalled in jet fighters. The russian pilots must be the best in the world, some of the moves they do look like out of control spins, yet the aircraft always pulls through.

Just right click on link to save

su30_russia.wmv

[edit on 19-8-2006 by R3KR]

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Alot of Lateral twists and turns and a very short vector, no doubt a sophisticated piece of equipment.

has my admiration and thats not easy to get

I would be fascinated to see a SU-30 and F-22 go head to head.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I was thinking about that as well. If they did I wonder if the f22 would be able to take it, being each pilot of equal skill. I have never seen a video of the f22 doing its loops and turns, would love to, at least you could then compare them. But the russians are well known for their crazy wild cool air demos.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Well, most likely there wouldn't even be a dog fight since the F-22 would see and shoot down the Russian fighter before it would even see the Raptor on it's Radar, but if we are talking about dog fighting in general, the F-22 is supposed to be the most agile fighter today (might be American propaganda).

One question though, What makes you think russian pilots are better than other pilots, they are just as much human and can outstand the same pressure as a pilot from America.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Not quite-it's not even the most maneuverable production fighter since the MiG-29 OVT came out and gave it a gobsmacking.

That being said, I am fascinated with Russian aircraft, particularly Sukhoi, specifically the Flanker (Su-27, Su-35/37) Series. These jets do things the Americans drool over. I really think that the Americans are the kings of squadron flying, but the Russians beat them down when it comes to single-aircraft stuff. Just think what would happen if you had 9 Russian jets in closer formation doing their stutnts- America, eat your heart out!

Quick comments- I also believe that the Russian pilots are better than their American counterparts. Americans have fancy hardware and avionics to help the pilot control the plane. The Russians have A stick, A pilot, and TVC. And yet they're still pulling moves that amaze me more than the Americans' do.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Well, that's very unlogical. In what possible way could they be better pilots? Of course they might not have hardware as good as the americans, but that doesn't mean that the ameriacns are only better because of it (the hardware). They have the exact same level of standing G and abilities to do nice moves. What you are then saying is that they have better training in Russia, wich I found very strange, do the fact that they don't get to fly half as much as the americans.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Russian pilots are not these super amazing pilots. They also use fly by wire. If they didnt planes like the su-47 would be impossible. But they are extremely talented and noteworthy. Only problem is they get about half the flight hours US pilots do as Fin said. But I have to say that Su-30 is one beautiful machine.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by truttseeker
But I have to say that Su-30 is one beautiful machine.

That's a point nobody can argue against.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I was amazed how the camera man kept the shot in frame the whole time wow!

[edit on 19-8-2006 by dvd500]

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 05:51 PM
link   
At 40 seconds and 2:18, I really thought the pilot had popped his clogs and we were going to see a smash the floor job. When he just casualy pulled up and away my chin hit the floor.

Blooming ace video, 10 /10 for a beautiful plane and footage.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 01:53 AM
link   

What makes you think russian pilots are better than other pilots

I always see the russians pulling off these crazy moves. I remember a russian pilot performed a trick called the "jack knife" i think, the aircraft was a su27. The trick was that the plane was flying along level and steady then all of a sudden the front nose reared up and the ass came shooting out from underneath making the plane fly backwards/upsidedown for a little bit, then the nose would rear up again to the front. And the plane would level out. Ever since I saw it I have always had the feeling that the russians have some nice skills.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by R3KR

I always see the russians pulling off these crazy moves. I remember a russian pilot performed a trick called the "jack knife" i think, the aircraft was a su27. The trick was that the plane was flying along level and steady then all of a sudden the front nose reared up and the ass came shooting out from underneath making the plane fly backwards/upsidedown for a little bit, then the nose would rear up again to the front. And the plane would level out. Ever since I saw it I have always had the feeling that the russians have some nice skills.

Still, nothing that other pilots from other countries couldn't do.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Figher Master FIN

Still, nothing that other pilots from other countries couldn't do.

Yeah, but the fine line is that they don't do it. The only real trick is that without TVC and flying backwards, wouldn't the pitch control surface effects be inverted (Pull stick back makes nose pitch down, and Pushing stick forward makes nose pitch up)?

Oh, well. The idea here being that the Russian maneuvers excite me a whole lot more than any Calypso Passes.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 12:42 PM
link   

This is the most amazing aircraft I have ever seen. It's ability to turn and twist is unparalled in jet fighters. The russian pilots must be the best in the world, some of the moves they do look like out of control spins, yet the aircraft always pulls through.

Just right click on link to save

su30_russia.wmv

[edit on 19-8-2006 by R3KR]

Seeings that your average Russian pilots get a FRACTION of the hours in the air that US pilots get, you'll forgive my incredulity.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Ok I found a video on my tube, its a demo flight of a mig-35. This pilot performs the trick its called the cobra. Vid is about 8 minutes long but he does the trick around 5:06. This is another amazing mig ability video. The US does not even try some of these tricks.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Ive seen videos of US planes doing the cobra before. But dont turn this into some argument about how much better Russian planes are than American. The Mig-35 is also a very good plane though. Russian craft are some of the best around.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Which american plane have you seen doing the cobra ? All I know about it is that it started from a russian pilot then he taught others how to do it.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 10:37 PM
link   
If you click on the marvel of engineering one it shows the F-22 doing the cobra maneuver. Then theres a link around the web showing an F-16 and and f-15 doing one.
www.f22-raptor.com...#

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Which american plane have you seen doing the cobra?

The F-22 has no problems doing it. What was seen in the Langley videos was not the F-22 doing a Cobra. It was jsut a sharp pitch-up. The official demo for the F-22 starts in 2008 so expect some pretty cool moves out of it. Here is a little preview of what Maj. Shower(former F-15 and now F-22 pilot) says will probably make it to the demo. Expect it to be somewhat like the Super Hornet demo on steroids with some extra juice.

"It should have a combination of high alpha loops, J-turns (basically a hammerhead), Helicopters (yaw turns that kind of look like a flat spin, that's what I call them anyhow), slow speed high alpha passes (probably in the 42 to 44 alpha region, mil to min AB power, around 75 to 80 knots or so), high speed high alpha loops , the Raptor version of the cobra (we can do it too), tail slide, maybe a high (or lower) speed max power turn, of course the now std Dozer takeoff, we have investigated some negative G & Alpha but not sure on that one.

And the goal is to keep the demo in front of the crowd as opposed to left and right as it has been previous demos, also to keep it loud. I'm sure it's going to morph through changes as senior leadership gets ahold of it but my great hope is that it will survive and be something that will thrill the crowds and take the bragging rights away from our European brothers who really do put on phenomenal demos."

[edit on 29-8-2006 by JFrazier]

Dew

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I've seen both the Raptor display at Langley this year (practice & public day) and the Su-30MKI & MiG-29OVT at MAKS last year, and so far the Russians are at another level.
Don't get me wrong - the 22 put on a pretty good display, but they've got a big gap to close! I'm really looking forward to it developing it's public performance - should be interesting!

[edit on 29/8/06 by Dew]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join