It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if all UFOs really are manmade crafts?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I know that even the thought of this being true is hard for most UFO fanatics to digest...but just think about it for a minute. I am not sure whether or not I believe this theory exactly, but I will admit that there is a possibility of it being true.

There are many counterarguments when discussing this issue. For instance, if the American government had all these high-tech "flying saucers" then why haven't they openly used them in military operations? Are they just waiting for the right time to use them? Or maybe they are strictly for space travel...

Then there is the argument that we originally learned how to build these crafts from back-engineering an actual extraterrestrial craft...but lately in recent years most of the UFO sightings are of our own crafts.

I think it is safe to say that UFOs DO EXIST, but the question is WHO is flying the UFOs? Are little grey aliens flying around in our skies in high-tech crafts, or are they simply piloted by top official military men? Sure, we have a lot of video footage of lights floating around in the sky, but does this prove that extraterrestrials are flying these crafts? We tend to automatically think they are alien-driven due to the fact that the crafts move "like nothing of this Earth." But perhaps we are wrong when we say this because "this Earth" might have already figured out how to make crafts that move like that.

I think we should spend less time trying to figure out if UFOs exist and spend more time trying to figure out if Aliens exist. Some lights in the sky might even be natural phenomena...but that is a whole different discussion...

So what do you think? Are the crafts in the sky driven by Aliens, by humans, or both? Or will we ever know for sure?

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I am sure they are driven by both. Aliens may have given technology to governments in return for them being kept secret, etc. Or like you said, the crafts could have been reversed engineered. I am sure there are actual aliens out there, and they probably have been coming to earth for quite a while. I also think that the military is much more advanced than it lets anyone know.

Will we ever know? Eventually I guess. Probably not in my lifetime though.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 05:40 AM
link   
The Nazi's had some crafts of reportedly similar capabilities near the end of WWII. Many UFO pictures in the aftermath of WWII up to the mid 60's showed these NAzi UFO's. There is a possibility that this technology survived WWII.

Read a thread about Nazi UFO's here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 20-8-2006 by Acharya]

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Big problems with the "we made UFOs" idea...

1. UFO sightings predate manmade flight.
2. Even popular UFOs predate fast flight.
3. If the Nazis had UFOs: a) they wouldn't have been wondering what they were too, and b) we'd likely all be speaking German right now.
4. Many UFOs exhibit flight behavior that is STILL impossible by any known aircraft.
5. If we had such craft decades ago, we wouldn't be flying passenger planes, jet fighters, or prop planes, and we sure wouldn't be using outdated craft for war.

However, I will grant that some of our secret craft may be responsible for sightings. For example, I saw an SR71 in the hangar when I was a kid. I saw it head on, and I'm telling you, it sure LOOKED like a UFO! Likewise, modern drones and other test craft could be responsible for some.

But, they are certainly not responsible for ALL such sightings, no more than natural phenomenon is.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat
So what do you think? Are the crafts in the sky driven by Aliens, by humans, or both? Or will we ever know for sure?

I think these crafts come from both side. Aliens have the right to ride their spaceships freely, because nobody is going to ask their passport.

Humans, military may also fly several types of crafts, but I can't believe they will show up with any secret project right at the eyes of the Public. If these military crafts come in handy, everyone will see how they perform in war. Until then, top secret.

Therefore, what we see contimuously, are alien driven crafts. The Greys love to show up, anyway.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 10:23 PM
link   

What if all UFOs really are manmade crafts?

What about the multitude of UFO sightings prior to man's flight? I'm not saying they were not manned flights, but if they were, we must consider the possibility that humans someday will traverse time into their past.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 11:06 PM
link   
they've been seen for thousands of years...

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 11:12 PM
link   
What if they are?
Then, they are man made.
And there is possibly, no aliens.
What if my nipples didn't posses the ability to fire lazers?
Then, they wouldn't fire lazers and I wouldn't be known as the Slippery Nipple.
Some things don't need a long drawn out answer. The answer is simple.
Do dinosaurs still exist? Of course, they roam free in Africa. Everyone knows that.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by MozartSeason

Do dinosaurs still exist? Of course, they roam free in Africa. Everyone knows that.

they sure do. but there hard to catch. i chased one down for like 4 hours there. stegosaurus run faster than you think.

i need to stop cracking joke, an really contribute more.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 11:54 PM
link   
One thing to consider is if PTB have got these craft via re-engineering, trade, or pure invention... they wouldn't be likely to reveal them at this stage if they were planning to use them in a staged UFO event or agenda. For example, a staged alien threat would be an obvious candidate for bringing about the much heralded One World Government.

I can only imagine there must be contingency plans for a number of scenarios. The PTB may not be able to control the presence or timing of genuine UFOs (alien or otherwise) but they can certainly shape public opinion towards that presence. Even if an alien craft rocked up to the whitehouse tomorrow & said "Hi", who could truly judge the authenticity? Would you trust the mainstream media, internet forum identities, civilian militias, religious orders?

new topics

top topics

join