It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trolling

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 11:31 PM
link   
This is probably a waste of time for you all, but would some one please explain, exactly, how trolling is defined?
I know it is not approved of.

I need this information because I wish to address a members behaviour in a well documented manner. I have searched with no result.
Thank You
WIS

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by WalkInSilence
...how trolling is defined?

A troll, from my understanding is a person who posts outrageous message to bait people to answer, inspires flaming rhetoric, someone who is purposely provoking and pulling people into flaming discussion.

[edit on 8/18/2006 by pstiffy]

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Here you go,

What is a Troll ?.

Hope that helps.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Thank You Guys,
Just what I thought it was. Jeez you are fast.
If I wish to report trolling would it affect my member ship if the person is a Moderator?
WIS

[edit on 19-8-2006 by WalkInSilence]

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 01:01 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 04:20 AM
link   

If I wish to report trolling would it affect my member ship if the person is a Moderator?

Of course not, just use the "complain" link at the top of the page.

The mods will deal with the problem, giving there is actually a problem.

If you are unsure, you can U2U me a link to the thread where the offence has taken place, I'll give you my opinion.

[edit on 19-8-2006 by Koka]

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Two thumbs up for asking before reacting.

The last thing you want to do is create a thread to discuss the issue directly, most people will look at it as an attempt to create drama and frowned upon, so you don't want to do that.

If the issue is with a staff member, I tend to think it is a misunderstanding. In all honesty the staff here do a great job, they are here to serve one purpose and that is to make this board better for everybody. The sad thing is they are people, and they do have opinions which they like to express. Sometimes I've even had a hint of sarcasm in there, which can be misunderstood by some people.

My first step if I were you would be to u2u the staff member and express what is on your mind. Hopefully this issue can be resolved here. If not give the Complain button a shot and allow all staff members to read what has happened.

As I said, some people like to use the Rant forum to express distaste with some actions of the staff but it normally is a bad idea. Give those steps a shot and I believe you will be satisfied with the outcome.

Good Luck

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Lysergic, is that a power/plant in Sweden in the back ground?

Curve patterns, Jeez.

Chissler, Thanks, yes I agree, our staff is exceptionally efficient and that is why it is even more disturbing when some one brakes the lines.
As "Old Navy" I wish to fallow procedure and cover my back.

In all friendliness. I see this line very often "They are only people", people here are asked to behave courteously so it must count for Mods too.
And as we do not have an ignore option for Mods we are inclined to read there comments no matter how offencive they may be.

I do not wish to blow this up, he/she is a fairly "new" Mod, it is just so annoying to see peoples threads bashed. It has not happened to me I have just observed the disturbance it causes else where.

Koka, Would it not be considered unethical U2Uing you for such matters?
But thanks I may.
Thanks again All
WIS
Oh, BTW,Majic (Super Moderator) recently had a post named " Courtesy is Mandatory)

[edit on 20-8-2006 by WalkInSilence]

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Lysergic, is that a power/plant in Sweden in the back ground?

Curve patterns, Jeez.

I've not the slighest clue, although me and google have an unholy bond.

top topics

join