It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Fleet 2006

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 01:01 AM
link   
First clear picture released. Looks like a old Xia class

Large image

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 09:57 AM
link   
^^ that screams `Delta-IV` to me in general appearance

en.wikipedia.org...:Submarine_Delta_IV_class.jpg

[edit on 15/10/07 by Harlequin]

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

nahh 094 is more like a bigger version of 092 with 093 style platfrom,
and 092 was not copied from Delta-IV, because it was built before Delta-IV

chinese nuclear submarine technology has nothing to do with russia; Russia is not stupid enough to actually give away their critical nuclear weapon technology to china

here is a pic of 092... almost to closed to 094 to tell the difference
www.sinodefence.com...

[edit on 10/15/2007 by warset]

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Chinese submarine conveniently revealed in photograph

Dinsdag 16 oktober 2007, 12:38 - Is it coincidence that a revealing photograph of China's latest ballistic-missile submarines appeared online on the same day that China's 17th Party Congress opened in Beijing? Maybe not.

The photograph, apparently taken from the water at a reasonably close range, shows two of China's Jin-class ballistic-missile submarines, which are designed to carry nuclear weapons, alongside a pier at an unknown location in China. The picture appeared on several Chinese Web sites on Oct. 15, the same day that China's Party Congress, held once every five years to choose the country's top leaders and set policy, opened in Beijing.

The Jin-class ballistic-missile submarine is one of the latest additions to the Chinese Navy and was spotted on Google Earth in July. That satellite image of the submarine, taken in late 2006, was first noted in a blog post by Kristensen. The Chinese military generally likes to keep a low profile, and some observers assumed the military would not be happy to have its latest hardware on view for the world to see. But then something funny happened: another image appeared on Google Earth, this time showing two Jin-class submarines alongside a pier at a naval base in northern China. That picture, taken in May, was again noted by Kristensen in a blog post. At that time, he questioned whether the image indicated China has so far launched three Jin-class submarines. The latest photograph offers the best look yet at the Jin-class submarine for the public. And perhaps that's the point.

"Overall, it is not as if the Chinese are trying to hide anything. Indeed, it is almost as if they want to show what they've got," Kristensen wrote.
Chinese submarine conveniently revealed in photograph

Dinsdag 16 oktober 2007, 12:38 - Is it coincidence that a revealing photograph of China's latest ballistic-missile submarines appeared online on the same day that China's 17th Party Congress opened in Beijing? Maybe not.

The photograph, apparently taken from the water at a reasonably close range, shows two of China's Jin-class ballistic-missile submarines, which are designed to carry nuclear weapons, alongside a pier at an unknown location in China. The picture appeared on several Chinese Web sites on Oct. 15, the same day that China's Party Congress, held once every five years to choose the country's top leaders and set policy, opened in Beijing.

"Nothing is known about who took this photograph or whether or not it has been digitally manipulated,"said Hans Kristensen, a security researcher at the Federation of American Scientists, in a blog post.

"But if it is authentic, it appears to lay to rest speculations that the Jin-class would carry 16 missiles. Instead the photograph confirms the assessment made by the U.S. intelligence community by clearly showing the wide-open hatches of 12 launch tubes," he wrote.

The Jin-class ballistic-missile submarine is one of the latest additions to the Chinese Navy and was spotted on Google Earth in July. That satellite image of the submarine, taken in late 2006, was first noted in a blog post by Kristensen. The Chinese military generally likes to keep a low profile, and some observers assumed the military would not be happy to have its latest hardware on view for the world to see. But then something funny happened: another image appeared on Google Earth, this time showing two Jin-class submarines alongside a pier at a naval base in northern China. That picture, taken in May, was again noted by Kristensen in a blog post. At that time, he questioned whether the image indicated China has so far launched three Jin-class submarines. The latest photograph offers the best look yet at the Jin-class submarine for the public. And perhaps that's the point.

"Overall, it is not as if the Chinese are trying to hide anything. Indeed, it is almost as if they want to show what they've got," Kristensen wrote.
www.webwereld.nl...

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by warset

chinese nuclear submarine technology has nothing to do with russia; Russia is not stupid enough to actually give away their critical nuclear weapon technology to china

www.sinodefence.com...

I believe there isn't much structural difference in the versions of the Delta program in the USSR which started way back in 1965.
The Xia program started in around 1970 I believe.. the same time the first Delta-I was commissioned in the USSR.

Not insinuating anything but the similarities at first sight are there and the development timelines are close enough.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 03:57 AM
link   
The delta IV`s are still in service as boomers - and if the chinese have something similar then its a credible force.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 06:22 AM
link   
The Xia is a enlarged Han class. The 094 is also an enlarged 093. I believe that the Xia design was already finalised before information of the Delta class surfaced

They appear similar because they both were developed from SSN hulls

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3

Originally posted by warset

www.sinodefence.com...

I believe there isn't much structural difference in the versions of the Delta program in the USSR which started way back in 1965.
The Xia program started in around 1970 I believe.. the same time the first Delta-I was commissioned in the USSR.

Not insinuating anything but the similarities at first sight are there and the development timelines are close enough.

that was the time during the sino-soviet split, and the both side had boarder conflicts and nuclear confrontations; impossible for the soviet union to sell its critical technology to china

both delta and 092 are developed at the similar era during the sino-soviet confrontation, thats why i say 092 is not from russian technology

beside, i dont think any nation at all would be stupid enough to sell away their critical technology

ps. the project delta started in 1965 and the project 092 started in 1967; they were more like rival projects, i'd put it that way

[edit on 10/17/2007 by warset]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join