It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Fleet 2006

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Here is the current list of Frigates, Destroyers and Submarines in the PLAN.

The lastest additions over the year before are the Type-51C air defence ships, More Song class submarines, the 8 other Kilo submarines and the induction of the 052C/052B into service. The Past year has seen quite a number of ships enter PLAN service and others have been sent to get their MLU. Other rumours has been the 094 ballistic missile submarine which apparantly has been under sea trials according to a photo released. Other big movers has been the FAC which might number around 40-50 craft at last count

Destroyers

16 - Type 051 Luda class
C-803 Antiship missile, HQ-7 SAM in 8 cell confirguration

2 - Type 052 Luhu class
16 C-803 Antiship missiles, HQ-7 SAM in 8 cell confirguration

1 - Type 051B Luhai class
16 C-803 Antiship missiles, HQ-7 SAM in 8 cell confirguration

2 - Type 052B Guangzhou class
16 C-803 Antiship missiles, 48 SA-N-12 SAM

2 - Type 052C Lanzhou class
8 YJ-62 Antiship missiles, 48 HHQ-9 SAM

2 - Type 051C Luzhou class
16 C-803 Antiship missiles, 48 RIF-M missiles

2 - Project 956 Sovremenny class
8 Moskit Antiship missiles, SA-N-7 SAM

1 - Project 956EM Sovremenny class
8 Moskit Antiship missiles, Kashtan Air defence system

Total number of destroyers = 28
Total number of Anti-ship missiles = 168 (Excluding 14 Luda class ships)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Frigates

12 - Type 053H Jianghu I class
5 - Type 053H1 Jianghu II class
1 - Type 053HT-H Jianghu IV class
6 - Type 053H1G Jianghu V class

3 - Type 053H2 Jianghu III class
8 C-801 Anti-ship missiles

4 - Type 053H2G Jiangwei I class
6 C-801 Antiship missiles, 6 Cell HQ-61B SAM

10 - Type 053H3 Jiangwei II class
8 C-803 Antiship missiles, HQ-7 SAM in 8 cell confirguration

2 - Type 054 Ma'anshan class
8 C-803 Antiship missiles, HQ-7 SAM in 8 cell confirguration

2 - Type 054A (under construction)
8 C-803 Antiship missiles, HQ-7 SAM in a VLS configuration (unconfirmed)

Total number of Frigates = 45 Ships
Total number of Anti-ship missiles = 160 (Excluding 24 Jianghu class ships)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Conventional submarines

20 ~ Type 033 Romeo-class
17 - Type 035 Ming-class

12 - Type 039A/G Song-class
Capable of firing C-80X series of missiles while submerged

12 - Kilo-class
Klub-S missle system

1 - Yuan-class

Total number of conventional submarines = 62

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nuclear Submarines

5 - Han class SSN
Capable of firing C-80X series of missiles while submerged

1 - Xia class SSBN
16 JL-1 ballistic missiles

Total number of nuclear submarines = 6

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Here is the picture of the claimed 094 ballistic missile submarine. To me the pictures differs a lot from the 092 which people believe it is. But i think its underachieving considering the things i was expecting to see from china nowdays.

One other explaination from myself is, it is the 092 been modernized instead of the new 094 which should be larger and a lot more different with a smaller bumpback for its missiles

The green parts are similar and the red areas are different

Larger Pciture

New Type 51C

Larger Picture

Here is another thread about chinese purchase of russian aircraft for its naval air arm
PLAN beefs up naval aviation

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

[edit on 18-8-2006 by chinawhite]

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 07:34 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 01:14 AM
link   
wow...nice research chinawhite...It makes one wonder, why China would need a whole lot more naval fleet? Some would say "because they can/want to"...I tend to believe otherwise.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 02:54 AM
link   
I agree, good research. You have a fine navy.

Yes the question lies why to build up so quickly, the Taiwan problem perhaps. And chinawhite, don't you have carriers too?

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by AllinTheMind89
wow...nice research chinawhite...It makes one wonder, why China would need a whole lot more naval fleet? Some would say "because they can/want to"...I tend to believe otherwise.

The exact same reason why the U.S. has such a powerful navy.

Controlling the seas is the desire of every nation.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo
Except Mongolia?

Good research. Is there any evidence to support that ALL of the Ludas have been upgraded with C-802/3 as your estimate suggests?

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Except for the Swiss...

Hope you understood it was a JOKE.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by planeman
Is there any evidence to support that ALL of the Ludas have been upgraded with C-802/3 as your estimate suggests?

I wrote that to say some of the Ludas were out fitted with C-802/3 missiles. In the final count of missiles i left them out since the weaponary was not clear.

But confirmed pictures are 166,165, 109, 106, 110.

But sinodefence gives some more details

Type 051 modernisation variant (Luda-IV?): The PLA Navy experimentally fitted the French-made Crotale air-defence missile system and the Castor-II fire-control radar on two Type 051 destroyers Xi’an (106) and Kaifeng (109) in 1991. In 1999 Kaifeng (109) received a mid-life modernisation refit with the original HY-2 six missiles replaced by 16 YJ-83 (C-803) anti-ship missiles. The original 37mm and 57mm manual AAA guns were also replaced by four automatic Type 76A AAA guns. Most ships of the class have received the refit since then.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Figher Master FIN
And chinawhite, don't you have carriers too?

Not any confirmation about the status of carriers so that should be left out.

But the PLAN had recently agreed to buy a lot of russian helicopters which leads me to believe they will be used on a "carrier like" ship someday

PLAN beefs up naval aviation

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 06:14 PM
link   
As long as China maintains its naval deterence there would be peace form the west.
Does china posses stealth subs?

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 06:20 PM
link   
If China can support itself financially and stably for the next decade, even with maintaining and creating a larger military presence then I can see their place in the world a big one. All empires need to expand at some point....

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Yes the question lies why to build up so quickly, the Taiwan problem perhaps. And chinawhite, don't you have carriers too?

simply because they can, want to, will, and it makes them look more powerful which is exactly what countries/govs want to look. its a message mess with us and...!!!

It isnt a provocative gesture or anything its just what every country does at some point and the fact china is an upcoming country which has potential to rival the US given time (about 500 years might be close) shouldnt surprise.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Figher Master FIN

Except for the Swiss...

Hope you understood it was a JOKE.

Actually, look at any empire in the last thousand years and you will find that they had a good navy while they were powerful (even the Mongols).

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 09:53 PM
link   
China is currently (this week) taking delivery of the 2nd Project 956EM Sovremenny class Destroyer.

Story is here .

Interestingly enough, Taiwan is taking delivery of its final 2 Kidd class destroyers from the US this week as well.

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 02:34 AM
link   
The 2nd ship unfortunately got delayed by a fire on board which destroyed a good deal of the hull.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is a picture of her sister ship the Taizhou

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 09:47 PM
link   
All they need now is aircraft carriers, right now, there is not much naval projection.

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Here are some pictures

Ming class.
There are 17 of these submarines in service. Not very modern, but have been upgrade in recent years

Larger Version

Larger Version

Yuan class.
There is apparantly two of these. One of them is fitted with AIP and denoted with A for a improved variant. These submarines might become the fore front of chinas submarine force in the coming years, compementing the Kilo force

Larger Version

Song class.
There is roughly 12 of these in service, they are also quite modern and have been equipment with mdoern C4I

Larger Picture (top)

Larger Picture (bottom)

Interior

Kilo submarine.

These are the spearhead of chinas submarine force. Very potent and quiet with its Klub-S missile system. Might be fitted with AIP in the future, adding alot more capability for only a little bit more money. There are 2 Kilo 877EKM which are the downgraded export variants, 2 further improved 636 variants which are quietened Kilo submarines while china had just finishing recieving 8 more further imporved 636M submarines

Larger Version

Larger Version

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Here are two more showing the Kilos at dock

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Russia hands over powerful warship to China

ST PETERSBURG, Russia (Reuters) - Russia handed over to China a destroyer equipped with state-of-the-art weaponry on Thursday, finalising a $1.5 billion deal analysts say boosts Beijing's clout in its stand-off with Taiwan.

"The handover act was signed today, and a Chinese flag was hoisted on the ship," a Russian defence industry source told Reuters, requesting anonymity.

The warship was the fourth Project 956E 'Sovremenny' (Modern) class destroyer built at the Northern Shipyard in Russia's second city St Petersburg and sold to China under a 2002 deal through Russia's state arms trader Rosoboronexport.

Source

Larger Image

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join