It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yugo AK-47

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Chromed barrel protects the gun from corrosion
as long as you clean the gun after each shooting session and storage it properly with good oil it doesn't matter.

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I see. Well does anyone know if the Yugo exports have cromed barrels? I have heard yes and no. And do they cock the hammer after the last shot and close the action like the Romanians?

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 04:49 PM
link   
The Yugo Im looking at is and M-70 AB with a folding stock. It's $550.00. But the stock is very hard to fold, are all of them that way? And is this a good model?

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Hey, what's the big differenc between the M-70 B2 and M-70 AB2

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 12:22 PM
link   
As far as I can tell there isn't any since they are the same thing. I believe its called the M70 AB2, but lots of people cut it short to B2 chopping off the A. The B1 has a full wood stock, and the B2 has the underfolding metal one. Personally I would rather have the full wood one for taking to the range etc.. unless I had a reason to need a folder. You can always get the B1 and then get a B2 parts kit too and have both

I also found this one for sale for $479, but with shipping & FFL fees the one you found local for $550 might be a better deal?

www.jgsales.com...

here's on that sold on gunbroker for $509 so yeah that one for $550 looks like a decent deal

www.gunbroker.com...

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 05:45 PM
link   
The only thing that throws me off, is that the gas tube is gray and the rest of the metal is black. Why is the gas tube gray?

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I assume you mean the first link? I don't know why it looks gray? It could just be the lighting and photo makes the black look gray?

I would get something like this if I were looking for an AK

www.gunsamerica.com...

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by warpboost
I assume you mean the first link? I don't know why it looks gray? It could just be the lighting and photo makes the black look gray?

I would get something like this if I were looking for an AK

www.gunsamerica.com...

No the one I bought. I ended up buying it for $540.00 and they threw in an extra mag.

All the barrle and everything is black and the gas tube is gray. But it's wooks well, but why is the gas tube gray?

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I don't know why the gas tube is gray, but I bet someone here does
I would register and ask them all your AK questions

www.gunsnet.net...

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Most Yugo AK's are imported through Century Arms. They parkerize them to improve the finish and give a more military look (as opposed to painting or bluing). If you parkerize different parts separately they might come out in different shades of grey/black. When I bought my Yugo, I had the chance to pick one out that was a complete grey park. The others had some grey / some black. It's just coloring.

The Yugo's have a thicker stamped receiver than many AK's, so they flex less and maintain accuracy while shooting / hot (1.6mm vs 1mm of Romanians). Some say it's as good a a milled receiver (chunk of steel hollowed out), or atleast definately lighter.

I don't know whether my bore is chrome or not, will let you know. I haven't shot it yet either, but have other AK's. I have the underfolder and it's great. They're all reassembled--some parts just need more movement to loosen them up. Actually, the extended underfold is more comfortable to aim for a 6' person than the shorter Romanian wooden stock.

If you plan to just shoot any AK occasionally / hobby, then a Romanian is fine. If you run into jams then just work / figure through it. There are so many after market parts and accessories, you'll have fun / got nuts.

In terms of accuracy, I hear a good AK should miss by as much as 3-4" for every 100 yds. I hear of SOME VEPR's and Saigas getting better--others types getting worse. Sometimes your lucky to get a good one else you get what u pay for. A friend with both says his Yugo under shoots as well as his Russian VEPR.

Look at www.Tapco.com, www.robarm.com, www.gunbroker.com, or www.k-var.com for ideas / idea of prices.

Have fun and shoot safely.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 11:49 PM
link   
BTW. . .
My Yugo underfolder does not have a chrome barrel. It does look to be in great/new condition. On the Century Arms website, they were offering Yugo underfolders with non-chrome brand new US made barrels. Since mine is from Century I'm figuring this is what I have.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Full_Auto77
I see. Well does anyone know if the Yugo exports have cromed barrels? I have heard yes and no. And do they cock the hammer after the last shot and close the action like the Romanians?

Its not the Yugo rifles that hold the bolt open after the last shot, but the Yugo magazines. When empty, the magazine (follower?) has a lip which catches the AK's bolt--holding it open.

My Yugo came with 2 Yugo mags that have this. I expect the bolt to close with any other type of AK magazine.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Kicks like a "live mule" my ass. I'm 145 pounds and can near steady that gun on full auto bursts with one arm. I was thinking about the WASR 10 model. Any thoughts on that particular gun?

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I just bought a Yugo Ak at a gun show for a 500$, its alot cleaner and feels better than the romanian AK's.
Does anyone know if aftermarket parts for AK's are universal? I bought several accesories for mine but none of them seem to fit right.... I bought a TAPCO foregrip that seems to be too short, "970 Sporting Type Scope Mount" thats seems to long, and I dont think i can get my TAPCO telescoping stock on the my YUGO AK because it already has an underfolder stock. Maybe Im just doing something wrong but nothing is fitting for me... If anyone could help me out I'd appreciatte it

link   

link   

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadFlagBlues
Kicks like a "live mule" my ass. I'm 145 pounds and can near steady that gun on full auto bursts with one arm. I was thinking about the WASR 10 model. Any thoughts on that particular gun?

I know someone who assembles the WASR10 at Georgia Arms in Georgia, VT.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy one, however they are notorious for having problems with the front sight. Not exactly sure what, but it seems to be a widespread issue. My friend told me about the procedure that the factory does to each rifle received, and it seems that they get a very thorough going-over and leave the factory being pretty darn reliable.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Duby78

The Yugo Ak is the best I have ever owned and I have had four of them - Norinco, Bulgarian, Egyptian and a Yugo. It has several superior features including flip up night sight which are often neglected to be mentioned, a heavier receiver with reinforcements under the bolt receiver union point, superior placement of the sling attachments, a flip up grenade sight that makes the weapon a single shot when in the up position for safety reasons, heavier construction and mine is a Century Arms unit with 922(r) compliant parts including Tapco trigger group, US barrel, full wood stock and slant cut muzzle. There is a positive lockup for magazines, chrome bolt and operating rod and everything is tight, secure, square and functions perfectly with a variety of cheap ammo. Accuracy is the best I have ever experienced with an AK which is precisely why I sold the others. This one is a keeper and the finish is excellent.

You may hear Century is hot and cold as to quality. I think they have beat that rap - this one is excellent!\

US Marine - Viet Nam 1967 - 1968 Kilo 3/9

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I just picked up a Yugo underfolder after being with an AK for several years and so far I'm pretty impressed with it. I've heard(unconfirmed) that the problem with the early WASR-10 rifles was the front site being bent, not just needing adjustment. The Yugo's do not have chrome lined bores and you don't need it unless you will shooting corrisive ammo all the time. The reciever is not milled but is much thicker the the standard stamped steel AK receivers at 1.6mm vs 1.0mm. '

The underfolder is very stiff until you work it a few hundred times. I like the gernade site and the night sights that come with the Yugo also. It was more $$ then my MAK90 but loosing that tree trunk as a stock is a godsend and worth the money. My MAK90 would shoot 3-4" groups at 100 yards but I haven't tried the Yugo yet.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join