It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yugo AK-47

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Full_Auto77

Originally posted by GPWASR10
Is it a ROMAK as in a PSL ROMAK dude? Cause if that is the case then you are getting a designated marksmen rifle. Not some run of the mill AK. My ROMAK PSL (7.62x54R) is money out to about 500 yards. My Romanian AK’s are good out to about 200 yards or so vs. a man sized target. The drums are good but unless you have a full auto they are just a little worthless. Cool looking but worthless.

[edit on 22-8-2006 by GPWASR10]

Why are drums worthless on semi auto?

Well your putting it on a gun that only is going to shoot one bullet every time you pull the trigger. Unless you "bump fire" it and it that case your not gunna hit jack #. It is bulky and heavy on a rifle and if this is your TSHTF (The # Hits The Fan/Big Flush) gun then 30 round mags will be just fine. Get one if you want, but don't expect anything more then a guy carrying two or three 30 round mags on his belt. These drums were built to be placed mainly on RPK's on bi-pod mounts(Squad Automatic Weapons) to increase their volume of fire. Not guys running around with 1mm reciever, Semi Auto, Short Berreled AK's.

The best Surplus ammo in my PSL is the 7N1 148 grain LPS ball ammo. I hear it is the best in the SVD as well.

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I still dont get what you are saying about the drums. The extra weight is not an issue for me. As long as they feed the shells correctly, It's fine in my book.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I got a GP WASR 10. It's alright, only have one problem. The magazines rattle side to side when you shake the rifle. They wont fall out, I held the rifle upside down by the magazine and it didnt budge. But do most of the mags fit just a little loose? If someone knows please tell me.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Wellcome to the AK world

It's not a fault that the mag rattles from side to side, it is supposed to be a bit loose. Just remember when you shoot from prone position "pull" the loose off from the mag allways to the same direction. Helps with teh accuracy...(you'll notice this when supporting the rifle by the mag..)

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I know dry firing a rifle can damage it. But how about an AK? When I empty a 30 round mag, the bolt doesent slide back after the last shot. I dry fire after the last shot. Will this tear up the rifle? And do AK bolts usually stay closed after the last shot?

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 11:33 PM
link   
AKs have to be re-cocked after magazine runs out and dry firing shouldn't damage your gun.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by northwolf
AKs have to be re-cocked after magazine runs out and dry firing shouldn't damage your gun.

Well what happens is after the last shot, the bolt doesent slide open like the SKS. So I pull the trigger and "CLICK". Then if I pull the trigger, nothing. Is that indeed a dry fire or a way to tell the shooter the rifle is empty?

Another question, do the Yugo M-70 B1 exports have cromed barrels now?

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Yes the hammer cocks (misworded my last post) after the las round... then when you drop the hammer by squeezing the trigger, there is no round to go, so the hammer stays down until you pull the slide back again... (hint: the slide cocks the hammer, not the trigger, so it's actually an SA trigger)

Action becomes crystal clear when you field strip the gun and take a good look at it

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Yes the hammer cocks (misworded my last post) after the las round... then when you drop the hammer by squeezing the trigger, there is no round to go, so the hammer stays down until you pull the slide back again... (hint: the slide cocks the hammer, not the trigger, so it's actually an SA trigger)

Action becomes crystal clear when you field strip the gun and take a good look at it

Um, I think you just lost me. So after that last round, I can pull the trigger can hear a "click". But that wouldnt fire a round?

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 05:23 PM
link   
It's about magazine. Most of AK magazines (depends on producer) do not have a notch on the magazine follower that would stop the bolt in open position. I know yugo and russian (plastic) magazines have this notch on the follower (part of the magazine attached on the top of the spring, where you place first bullet in an empty magazine).

Therefore, if your mag doesn't have this notch (you can see it on this picture), of if it's smaller then cartrige (and that is the case on many types AK magazines that I have seen), it will allow bolt to return to closed, cocked position after you fire off last round in the magazine. Most of people hate this, because you don't know that you've fired last round in the magazine untill you pull the trigger and hear a 'click' (unless you're really paying much attention and counting how many rounds have you expended).

If you really dislike this, try getting different magazines - with bigger notch. Hell, I'd send you a couple of these mags free of charge, if it was possible.

[edit on 4-9-2006 by Duby78]

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Duby78
It's about magazine. Most of AK magazines (depends on producer) do not have a notch on the magazine follower that would stop the bolt in open position. I know yugo and russian (plastic) magazines have this notch on the follower (part of the magazine attached on the top of the spring, where you place first bullet in an empty magazine).

Therefore, if your mag doesn't have this notch (you can see it on this picture), of if it's smaller then cartrige (and that is the case on many types AK magazines that I have seen), it will allow bolt to return to closed, cocked position after you fire off last round in the magazine. Most of people hate this, because you don't know that you've fired last round in the magazine untill you pull the trigger and hear a 'click' (unless you're really paying much attention and counting how many rounds have you expended).

If you really dislike this, try getting different magazines - with bigger notch. Hell, I'd send you a couple of these mags free of charge, if it was possible.

[edit on 4-9-2006 by Duby78]

But this wont hurt the rifle right? And do you know of a certain brand of these mags with the notch? Metal ones?

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 08:48 PM
link   
It won't hurt your rifle, at least not for a veeeeeeeery long time. About the brand... russian plastic (bakelite) mags have that notch. About metal ones, I'm only sure about yugo version - but there could be others too.

I'll try to get some more info tomorrow.

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Duby78
It won't hurt your rifle, at least not for a veeeeeeeery long time. About the brand... russian plastic (bakelite) mags have that notch. About metal ones, I'm only sure about yugo version - but there could be others too.

I'll try to get some more info tomorrow.

Would the mags from my WASR 10 be compatable with the Yugo AK? And the other way around?

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Dr, nice info post.

I have a Russian sks and i have shot all kinds of ammo-all fine.

IMO, for AK/SKS the best made are the Russian ones.

The next best are Yug.

Both are made from milled solid pieces of metal-not stamped low carbon metal peices like others Cough, Chinese, Cough made for export.

There is a Chinese weapon that is like the AK-called Mac-90.

It is a chinese weapon.

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Full_Auto77
Would the mags from my WASR 10 be compatable with the Yugo AK? And the other way around?

Yes. As far as I know, all AK magazines for all AK models (of course, in the same calibre) are interchangable.

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Mags may have slightly altered locking notches,but nothing that a file or a dremel can't fix... for example russian AK mags lock into Sako rifles, but not vice versa... (for a very good reason
)

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Mags may have slightly altered locking notches,but nothing that a file or a dremel can't fix... for example russian AK mags lock into Sako rifles, but not vice versa... (for a very good reason
)

Yes, Im aware your country makes some fine weapons. Do you have any links/ pictures of a Sako AK? Are they really nice rifles? Ive heard good things about them, I bet they are expensive.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Some links:
world.guns.ru
This should be an unbiased considering it's from Russia

RK-95
Rk-62

I hope you get a picture on what kind of weapons these are, when compared to other AK models

ps. KVKK 62
Not all our weapons are great

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Do these Yugo M-70 B1's have cromed barrels?

[edit on 8-10-2006 by Full_Auto77]

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Does anyone know if the Yugo M-70 B1 has a cromed barrel or not? If they don't, what hram would it do?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join