It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'martyr tapes'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I haven't seen this posted, if it's there, I apologise:

Terror police find 'martyr tapes'

Police investigating an alleged plot to bring down airliners have found several martyrdom videos in the course of their searches, the BBC has learned.
According to unofficial police sources, the recordings were discovered on laptop computers.

Source.

Not plans, weapons, explosives, but... home movies.

Obviously this story is young, but surely this is not enough to justify the actions and rhetoric of the past week.

Do you think it should be reported as headline news? How much of a threat is a video to anybody? Is this just another reminder to the population that they should be afraid?

I find this interesting also:

Police investigating last week's suspected plot to blow up airliners refused to comment on Friday over media reports that they had found a suitcase full of items that could make a bomb.

According to BBC television the bomb components were uncovered during searches of woodlands near High Wycombe, a town west of London where several of the 23 suspects held in the suspected plot were arrested.

Source.

Ok, my fault, I missed this story yesterday, you can find it here. However, no word from offical police sources, so does that make these claims just more outrageous speculation on behalf of the BBC?

[edit on 18/8/06 by Implosion]

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 09:18 PM
link   
These tapes that were "found" do need to be looked at and expressed more in the current media. The people need to be more aware of what they find, say somebody is cleaning out an abandoned apartment, and they come across a box of video tapes, instead of throwing them away, they need to be looked at and analyzed to see if there is any threat there. If so, then they need to be brought to the proper authorities. They would also need to question friends, relatives, and neighbors to see if there is a terrorist "ring" that needs to be broken up. Remember this......the media is biased, they only show what they want you to see. Only what they want you to believe. You can bet that there is so much more out there that we do not know. We need to be informed so we can make a difference and possibly save lives. Thanks to the founders of ATS the truth can be thrown out there, and other people can bias it "after" hearing it. Not without knowing it.

join