It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chapel Bell

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 01:48 PM
link   
hello, this is my first thread I have started on ATS and it's a request for information. I seek to know as much as possible about the "Chapel Bell" experiment that was performed by nasa on several Apollo missions for the US department of defense. It's still classified but I seek all known information and conjecture from ATS on what it was and its purpose.

thank you.

*ah I apear to have put this in the wrong forum, I apologise and ask the mods to move it.

[edit on 18-8-2006 by kipman725]

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 12:34 PM
link   
If you're interested in the Chapel Bell experiments, the place to start looking would be NASA's Apollo Mission Reports for Apollo 14, 15, 16, and 17. That's about the only official information I've ever been able to find on the subject. The Chapel Bell information falls under the "Approved Operational Tests" in Chapter 12 of each entry. Although the entry varies slightly in each report, the one from the Apollo 14 Mission Report is typical:

12.3 APPROVED OPERATIONAL TESTS

The Manned Spacecraft Center participated in two of eight approved operational tests. Operational tests are not required to meet the objectives of the mission, do not affect the nominal timeline, and add no payload weight. The two operational tests were: lunar gravity measurement (using the lunar module primary guidance system) and a hydrogen maser test (a Network and unified S-band investigation sponsored by the Goddard Spaceflight Center). Both tests were completed, and the results of the hydrogen maser test are given in reference 9.

The other six tests were performed for the Department of Defense and the Kennedy Space Center. These tests are designated as follows.

a. Chapel Bell (classified Department of Defense test)

b. Radar Skin Tracking

c. Ionospheric Disturbance from Missiles

d. Acoustic Measurement of Missile Exhaust Noise

e. Army Acoustic Test

f. Long-Focal-Length Optical System.

(Bolded Emphasis Mine)

So, since Chapel Bell was an Operational Test (as defined above by NASA), we know the following pertinent things about the experiment:
1) It was not affected by the mission timeline.
2) It added no weight to the rocket itself.

Despite a certain thematic-sounding resemblance to the Saturn IVB impact on the moon (used to trigger seismic experiments left by Apollo 12), there is no real reason to surmise that this and Chapel Bell were related; results of the SIVB impact experiment were not classified.

Personally, I'm inclined to think that Chapel Bell was related to the launch of the Saturn V that sent Apollos 14-17 into Earth Orbit. Given that other Operation Test experiments ("Radar Skin Tracking", "Ionospheric Distrubance from Missiles", etc.) seem tied to the SV launch, I think that Chapel Bell was probably a test of some other sort of tracking system, either space-based or land/sea/air-based, for tracking the launch and trajectory of missiles, with the "Radar Skin Tracking" and other tests being used to evaluate the accuracy of this new tracking system.

This is only speculation, of course, but it does jive with the known qualities of Chapel Bell, especially the fact that the experiment did not depend on when the mission was launched, added no net payload to the mission, and seems unrelated to the unclassified SIVB impact experiment.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 01:05 PM
link   
thank you very much for that info. I will download and check those mission reports, i didn't know they were available online

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 04:49 PM
link   
See what you think of this....

objectiveministries.org...

"However, in 1969, Apollo astronauts placed seismic devices on the moon's surface to measure the reverberations directly1. These devices recorded the impacts of meteorites as expected, but they also picked up a strange, persistent, low-frequency waveform. When the waveform was run through audio processing computers which sped it up and applied various filters to it, it was discovered to be an echoing voice. The voice was speaking in ancient Aramaic!

Later during 1971-1972, Apollos 14 through 17 all included in their mission objectives a project called Chapel Bell2, which, although it has been highly classified to this day by the Department of Defense, is well known to have involved the placement of more advanced seismic devices. Note the suggestive project name.

NASA has refused to release any of these recordings to the public (for the obvious reason that it contradicts their Evolutionistic position3) and the details of what the voice was actually saying have not been uncovered directly. We know it was something in Aramaic since at the time of the waveform's discovery NASA brought in linguists to try and decipher it. After a week, all the linguists returned home, with one exception: the only one who knew the ancient tongue. Regardless of the recording's precise content, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand what this voice truly represents; the core of the moon still reverberates with the Lord's Words from the day when He created the Heavens."

new topics

top topics

join