It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

aug 22 wierd stuff

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I Am one not to believe in the Terror.

However, My eyes have been opened these last few Days, mostly due to this very thread you are reading right now. I am thankful for that.

I do think that most of the posts on here are a bit whacky, but its hard to ignore the obvious signs of what is to come.

I am not so worried about a nuclear terrorist attack near my home in Las Vegas, Nevada. However, If something were to occur On US Soil, by an extended group of sleeper cells, the chaos I worry could insue and drive americans to run to smaller communities and over run those towns looking for food and water. I do admit, this is a type of paranoia, but the smartest of us should be prepared to handle this and have a plan.

You may never use it, but those families that have fire ladders and teach their children how to use them will live when the roof comes burning down. This is the same type of situation. Educate those you care about and have a smart and secure place to sit the worst out. If it doesnt happen, and only the middle east is obliterated, then so be it... But if it does happen, and cell phones are down and roads are clogged.. at least you and your loved ones will know how to find eachother and how to survive the madness that those unprepared souls will inflict upon you and your family. The most sucessful people understand that Luck favors the Prepared! It is my hope that you are both prepared and lucky!

With that said, It makes me very angry that when I watched the news this morning, the top story is the f**king jon bene ramsy case and they dont even mention what I have come to understand. That there may not be a jersalem in the days to come. And that Iran may go out.. with a bang... and take as many with them. How horrible is it that our large cities on the east coast are most likely the secondary targets. SH*T.. even canada has somewhat mobilized their forces. And in all of this turmoil, the worst of the worst, North Korea has decided to test nuclear bombs THIS MORNING. I dont know about you.. but lately - antartica seems like the safest place to live. However, In the imortal words of my favorite movie of all time...Shaun of the Dead "no place is safe... only safer!"

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   
atreau2k, the point that most people seem to be missing is that the 'date' isnt important but the 'event' will be and if and when it happens, it may be possible to predict it by monitoring what is going on around the world rather than being distracted by the sensational bs like the jonbenet story as you point out. it will also be easier with HINDSIGHT to point to a pattern of foreknowledge IF something happens. sadly though, it seems 'watch the monkey' seems to grab peoples attention more than is healthy.

i made a thread ages ago which i thought would be a useful guide to survival - seems a good time to revive it for peoples perusal

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I live near a joint military base where Navy and Marine pilots are trained. In the past year, training flights have increased about 25%. This is not jet jockey school, but training for multi turbo prop engines. The only conclusion I can come to is that there is going to be a need for a lot of Osprey, P3 and S3 pilots in the near future.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by atreau2k

However, My eyes have been opened these last few Days, mostly due to this very thread you are reading right now. I am thankful for that.

I do think that most of the posts on here are a bit whacky, but its hard to ignore the obvious signs of what is to come.

I am not so worried about a nuclear terrorist attack near my home in Las Vegas, Nevada. However, If something were to occur On US Soil, by an extended group of sleeper cells, the chaos I worry could insue and drive americans to run to smaller communities and over run those towns looking for food and water. I do admit, this is a type of paranoia, but the smartest of us should be prepared to handle this and have a plan.

You may never use it, but those families that have fire ladders and teach their children how to use them will live when the roof comes burning down. This is the same type of situation. Educate those you care about and have a smart and secure place to sit the worst out. If it doesnt happen, and only the middle east is obliterated, then so be it... But if it does happen, and cell phones are down and roads are clogged.. at least you and your loved ones will know how to find eachother and how to survive the madness that those unprepared souls will inflict upon you and your family. The most sucessful people understand that Luck favors the Prepared! It is my hope that you are both prepared and lucky!

With that said, It makes me very angry that when I watched the news this morning, the top story is the f**king jon bene ramsy case and they dont even mention what I have come to understand. That there may not be a jersalem in the days to come. And that Iran may go out.. with a bang... and take as many with them. How horrible is it that our large cities on the east coast are most likely the secondary targets. SH*T.. even canada has somewhat mobilized their forces. And in all of this turmoil, the worst of the worst, North Korea has decided to test nuclear bombs THIS MORNING. I dont know about you.. but lately - antartica seems like the safest place to live. However, In the imortal words of my favorite movie of all time...Shaun of the Dead "no place is safe... only safer!"

The only reason Iran would attempt to nuke American cities, as you indicate, would be to topple our attention in the Mideast. Or at least effectively stall our ability to respond military as we sort out the chaos that would ensue.

That being said, juding from Ahmadinejad's comments earlier this month with respects to Aug. 22, his threat definitely seemed more geared toward some sort of attack against Israel proper, and perhaps more specifically Tel Aviv, given Jerusalem residents could see the signs of "iran's response" in their skies, I believe in the east.

I have, and others, made the extrapolation that Iran could only do this successfully if we were off the world stage somehow. But given Ahmadinejad's apocalyptic tendancies, dying in a nuclear retaliation, in his mind, could only hasten the return of his 12th Imam and the end of the world.

The other fear is how the nuclear superpowers would respond if Iran does pull of an unconventional attack on Jerusalem, Tel Aviv or anywhere for that matter.

Would Russia or China protest a nuclear response verbally only? Or would we and Russia go toe-to-toe nuclearly?

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Hey dude,

Relax, if they're going to attack L.A. there's nothing you can do about it, so you better relax, fear narrows your mind! Fear doesn't help, fight it, live above the fear!

I hope they don't attack Belgium, well at least not before Noveber because I have to harvest my outside cannabis plants in October ... I don't want them to be contaminated by some dirty bomb ...

Paranoi strikes deep, into your house it will creep ...

peace,
kris

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by atreau2k

Dude, now read that post again you wrote ... that's pure paranoia, there's no reason to act liek that ...

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 12:41 PM
link   
here is one story reported on thisislondon
about the channel tunnel being closed due to smoke being seen. it doesnt say if its been reopened or what caused the smoke.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Well Well another prediction on something big is going to happen to the world. Oh wells if it does happen so be it. I think i will buy a bttle of Buckie for tommorrow and 20 cigarettes (I dont smoke
:lol
Might as well go out happy eh!! Or I will wake up on the 23rd with a major hangover and feelin sick. Anyways If anything does happen good luck to us all

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by spencerjohnstone
Well Well another prediction on something big is going to happen to the world. Oh wells if it does happen so be it. I think i will buy a bttle of Buckie for tommorrow and 20 cigarettes (I dont smoke
:lol
Might as well go out happy eh!! Or I will wake up on the 23rd with a major hangover and feelin sick. Anyways If anything does happen good luck to us all

Bottle of yee owl Buckie on a week night! who's playin lad?

I don't think my last bottle would be buckie, but if it was, I would only hope for a low number.

[edit on 21-8-2006 by WarGame]

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 01:16 PM
link   
great. it took a little over 1 hour and a total of 8 posts until somebody just had to go and drag the thread back down again. well done folks
you truly are a credit to this site.

and mods, thanks for the great job you are doing in supervising this thread. i know how much you dislike it when people get off-topic and try and kill threads. in fact i do recall that you even offered points recently to members who try and make an effort keep a thread on topic, (as some have been trying to do). im not much into points myself - im trying to keep it on topic for other reasons and beginning to wonder why im even bothering!

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 01:17 PM
link   
And it's the top story on Drudgereport.

blogs.abcnews.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I think ABC news is doing their bit to scare the bejesus out of us. They work for the government. So do all the other news stations.

Something tells me this is all government ordered terror.

Dont fall for it. Tomorrow will be just another miserable day in the chapter of life. No nukes, just misery.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Should i worry about August 22nd?

I mean, sure, i've read through this post, but alot of it seems like paranoia, no offense intended.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by mindlessinsanity

I mean, sure, i've read through this post, but alot of it seems like paranoia, no offense intended.

The bottom line is, instead of Bible codes, or mystical seers or Disney-created John Titor, this "prophesy" is solely based on analytical references regarding Ahmadinejad's speeches regarding his response to the U.N. on Aug. 22.

He has made veiled threats to Israel, and letters he sent to Bush back in April have been greatly underplayed by the U.S. media. Those letters are rare instances in Islam, and usually mean the country is declaring war on another nation.

Hence, everyone up in a tissy on Aug. 22 (which is currently now, given the time difference in Iran).

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by justyc
there is an immense difference between foresight and hindsight. would you have scoffed at people (like, say alex jones) who predicted 911 would happen simply because you didnt think it would?

Well lets face it, its a natural thing, people laugh at the timebomb until it explodes before their bewildered and scared eyes.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Has that letter been leaked to the public?

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by behindthescenes

Originally posted by mindlessinsanity

The bottom line is, instead of Bible codes, or mystical seers or Disney-created John Titor, this "prophesy" is solely based on analytical references regarding Ahmadinejad's speeches regarding his response to the U.N. on Aug. 22.

He has made veiled threats to Israel, and letters he sent to Bush back in April have been greatly underplayed by the U.S. media. Those letters are rare instances in Islam, and usually mean the country is declaring war on another nation.

Hence, everyone up in a tissy on Aug. 22 (which is currently now, given the time difference in Iran).

erm, no, its 22:40 August 21st in Tehran

www.timeanddate.com...

[edit on 21-8-2006 by Peyres]

It could happen anytime on the 22nd

[edit on 21-8-2006 by Peyres]

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peyres
erm, no, its 22:40 August 21st in Tehran

www.timeanddate.com...

It could happen anytime on the 22nd

You know, it would be ideal for Iran to launch it somewhere between 1 to 4 AM, as i've seen many articles mentioning Iran wanting to light up Jerusalems (night)sky, So... this night or the next, lets see. I only expect a big fat nay from Iran about the nuclear deal though.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 02:19 PM
link   
That is IF it happens.

Miracles have happened before.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Almost August 22 there. Now we wait.

[edit on 21-8-2006 by Mammoth]

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join