It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

aug 22 wierd stuff

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 03:10 AM
link   
The 22nd will come and pass again like every other one of these so called "predictions",better to live and enjoy your life than to live in fear and be scared like some people.
Us 30+ s managed to survive through the Cold War and the threat of World War III so its going to take a hell of a lot more than this junk posted in this forum to get me scared of the future.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by bmdefiant
The 22nd will come and pass again like every other one of these so called "predictions",better to live and enjoy your life than to live in fear and be scared like some people.
Us 30+ s managed to survive through the Cold War and the threat of World War III so its going to take a hell of a lot more than this junk posted in this forum to get me scared of the future.

Funny, from all the people signing up at this forum i would hope that they understand that "Predictions" are often a normal standard to talk about at ATS. Often people discuss the credibility of such predictions and the evidences that support the theories and those that counter them. Its up to the others what to believe or not, some stories may have a larger population believing in them because honestly, some even sound really realistic. The August 22 phenomenon sounds believable, because when you mix things up: Ahmadinejad having crazy thoughts about this Imam, a sacred celebration, August 22 being the date he's giving his "Final" answer, satellite dishes in Iran being destroyed by the government, Military exercises, missile tests, Gahdry talking about Iran lighting up Jerusalems sky... It sums up real nicely, doesnt it. But nobody knows whether its happening or not, thats why people discuss it, to get hints to see if it DOES happen.

So to people not giving a damn about these theories, sarcasm, disbelief and ignorance wont contribute to prove people wrong. I'm not talking about (defiant) you in particular, but i've seen it before, it makes discussions crash.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 03:35 AM
link   
I can't speak for everyone but for myself I am very interested in predictions and yes the thought of the end of the world or disaster strikes my curiousity not in an exciting sense but the thought would things ever get that bad etc. I think many posters and readers in this forum take interest in predictions and if they can actually happen cause obviously if a prediction is fruitful well its a door to other things to be fruitful. Anyway I just figured I would post since many people think everyone wants the end to come which is far from the truth.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Its probably down to the sheer volume of them here on ATS..i suppose that if i took time and read through them then i would take a proper interest.However real life (mainly my sister being diagnosed with and beating cancer) has now given me a more positive slant on getting on with life,add to that the fear i had growing up in the '80s when the threat of WW3 was always on the doorstep...

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Well since Alex Jones came out with his prediction of another attack coming in by late October I considered whether 10/4 would be a date these people would choose. 9/11 had a similiar connotation of "panic" as in the emergency services number, 10/4 would be like some gruesome "acknowledgement" of the start of WW3.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 04:07 AM
link   
A couple weeks ago around Utica, NY (5 hours from NYC) there was a military transport plane (the kind that has 4 propellers and makes a nice low pitch hum) that flew overhead everyday for about a week, maybe twice a day but i dont remember well. I noticed it was pumping more exhaust than Ive ever seen from this particular aircraft. Ive seen the same aircraft for years but not at this frequency. If there is a threat, maybe theve been preparing. Armegedon will not occur, theres no way in hell the extra terrestrials will allow anything of the sort happen to their planet. Thats right I said THEIR planet.

In in all actuallity, a good bunch of us love this kind of suspence that these armegedon ideas give. Its like the best scary movie, but better. Hope nothing happens though.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 04:07 AM
link   
TUESDAY 22 AUGUST

This is what IS happening.

Tehran deadline: Iran is expected to respond to an international package of incentives aimed at persuading it to halt nuclear enrichment.

Beijing welcome: Venezuela's globetrotting President Hugo Chavez begins a six-day visit to China. His country's oil sales to China are likely to top the agenda.

Bali bombs: Three men convicted over the 2002 Bali bombings are scheduled to be executed in Indonesia, unless their lawyers lodge a final appeal. Two have said they are not seeking clemency.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by bmdefiant

I don't think the majority of us are living in fear over this, but I will only speak for myself. Eventually in our life time, I feel something is going to happen to change our lives, we are living in very difficult times. I prefer to be able to recognize it when it comes and be mentally prepared for it. That is why I watch these threads.

I do not think myself that armegeddon is happening on Tuesday, but I do think there is potential for something really serious to occur in the Mid-East that may affect all of us. What has become clear on this thread is that the ruler of Iran has been making threats, is possibly unstable, considers the 22nd a significant date religiously, and is in fact extremist in his religious zeal. He may be of a mind and certainly in a position to "make his mark" on this day as oppossed to others. That is the day HE picked to "get back to us" on the nuclear situation. I don't find it a stretch at this point that he could answer by action. What I would find a stretch is if he succeeded with this many warning signs, and that would be a significant indicator of where we are all headed.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 05:43 AM
link   
this just gets crazier by the minute

www.abovetopsecret.com...

apparently n america ia launching its own war games....same as on 911!?

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by devolution
this just gets crazier by the minute

www.abovetopsecret.com...

apparently n america ia launching its own war games....same as on 911!?

Military excercises and drills to coverup the real reason for the general public, it's the perfect way to get everything geared up without suspicion. Then it really happens and everything is in position already.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 06:57 AM
link   
As the FSME for Political Figures, I would really like to see an in depth profile up there for Ahmadinejad right now.

politics.abovetopsecret.com...

If anyone has the time in between watching all this stuff over the next 24 hours (or even after that) to put one together for us, I will certainly reward it appropriately.

[edit on 8/21/2006 by Relentless]

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
A Put Option is hoping the stock goes down for a company. A Call Option is hoping it goes up. Thats just one way, other ways would be Commodities and Futures trading.

This depends on if you are buy or selling the options. The opposite is tru if you are the seller of the options.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by GlassRunner
A couple weeks ago around Utica, NY (5 hours from NYC) there was a military transport plane (the kind that has 4 propellers and makes a nice low pitch hum) that flew overhead everyday for about a week, maybe twice a day but i dont remember well. I noticed it was pumping more exhaust than Ive ever seen from this particular aircraft.

Could be spraying us... Rumsfeld himself has said that should there be wide-scale terror-attack on a major city, the military has plans to spray the population with valium etc. to pacify the people, to keep them managable.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Bush to hold press conference @ 10AM. (Just in case)

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 08:05 AM
link   
This may not be relevant but

WASHINGTON -- President Bush is holding a news conference amid mounting concern over the fragile cease-fire between Israel and Hezbollah guerrillas.

The president was expected to open Monday's news conference with a statement about humanitarian aid for Lebanon after 34 days of fighting. He also was expected to speak about the international peacekeeping force for southern Lebanon.

It is Bush's first full scale news conference since July 7 in Chicago. Monday's news conference was to be held in the White House conference center, the temporary quarters for White House news reporters during a renovation of the media briefing room in the West Wing.

3.00pm GMT 10am EST

ok beaten to it.

[edit on 21-8-2006 by bravo2zero]

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Here is a new twist. US and Israel will start this tomorrow.

Stay tuned.

www.debka.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Don't worry, nothing can stop the release of Madden '07.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by firebat
Could be spraying us... Rumsfeld himself has said that should there be wide-scale terror-attack on a major city, the military has plans to spray the population with valium etc. to pacify the people, to keep them managable.

Do you have a link?

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 08:42 AM
link   

yeah, with a claim like this i need to see a source.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 09:18 AM
link   
associated press are reporting that un inspectors were turned away from their nuclear site today link as well as reports that iran has stated they will not stop enriching uranium link

with a live bush press conference planned for later today, albeit regarding the isreal-lebanon problem, an opportunity in 'timing' seems to have presented itself for anybody wishing to cash in on it, if you follow my thinking.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join