It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China new Electric Combat Aeroplane

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 09:23 AM
link   
external image

All these pix has been deleted in China Forum after I found them. I don't know why, if you can find something secret, please tell me.

Mod Edit: Image Size – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 18/8/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Supposedly chinas version of JSTARS.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 06:03 PM
link   
superb pic you have there. Cheers.

Its is alledged to be a sythetic array radar system for hunting submarines and surface vessels, whether it is or not is another good question.

I would like to have a hunt around the web for any more piccies to see if the anti submarine tag is correct first, so ill post what i find for you.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Any thoughts of the plane model?

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I have found a piccie of the plane being developed actualy, still in its pre paint colours (e natural finish) and it appears to be based around the antanov cub series of medium bombers. i guess this is a chinese version or copy, and the piccie can be found here @

www.defencetalk.com...

As it says its a Y-8E if thats any help at all!!! note that the side radar has yet to be installed, and if you scroll round those piccies you can even see a canoe / beam bar radar mounted ala awacs style on the top center fueselage.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Posted by someone on Sinodefence www.sinodefenceforum.com... :

[edit on 20-8-2006 by planeman]

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 11:34 PM
link   
One thing i always wondered is when these pictures were taken

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 11:44 PM
link   
whoah planeman! nice pictures you found there - awesome stuff.

I profess no in depth knowledge of chinese forces, but in just three sites there appears to be no less than 5 AWACS type aircraft - bit greedy don't you think??

But back to the pictures - nice.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by D4rk Kn1ght
whoah planeman! nice pictures you found there - awesome stuff.

I profess no in depth knowledge of chinese forces, but in just three sites there appears to be no less than 5 AWACS type aircraft - bit greedy don't you think??

But back to the pictures - nice.
When you start counting Coast guard and Navy, the US has even more I think. But yes, it does seem odd that there are so many.

Summary of Chinese AEW, AWACS and "JSTAR" types:

1. Y-8J "Cub"
British supplied SkyMaster radar (similar to SearchWater radar on Sea King AEW). Entered service with Chinese Navy (PLAN) in 1997. Also used for targeting surface vessels for warships.

2. Y-8F "Cub" with Rotadome
At least one Y-8F-600 airframe with large rotadome - a rotating radar array over the rear fuselage for AEW&C functions. The rear gun position appears to have a secondary radome - possibly electronic support measures and the tail planes have additional vertical stablisers. First reported in 2005.

3. KJ-200 "Balance beam"
Y-8 airframe with fixed side looking phased array radar over rear fuselage - similar in concept to the Swedish Erieye. First reported in 2001.

4. KJ-2000
Il-76 with fixed 3 antena phased array radar in large saucer over rear fuselage. First reported in 2002, at least 3 aircraft have been built.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Nice research planeman. Good find with the pictures.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Hmm.... China seems to be modernizing a bit.

I still have to wonder as to why there are so many ASW applications, though..... you would suspect that they are expecting a naval conflict (well, I guess a country with as much coastline as time - it is a logical deduction).

Although I have to wonder if this buildup is intended to be part of a defense or offense. Acquiring Taiwan has often been one of their fanciful dreams. I wonder if they are gearing up to cover such a maneuver and attempt to repell U.S. forces in the theatre, as well as Japan, Australia, and South Korea, who will likely get involved.

I also wonder if I'll be able to finish my college education before my reserve unit is activated....

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Most of the spotted aircraft are listed at chinese military aviation

mil.jschina.com.cn...

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Great summary planeman, nicely done

For anyone wondering, yes, the Y-8 is the Chinese built An-12 and the new KJ-200 is a modernised and redesigned version of it too. Most obviously in planemans pics you can see the new nose and windscreen but there are many other changes too.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 07:18 AM
link   
What happened to emile? he hasnt got the info he needs has he?By the way planeman you are a genius nice research there.try finding more to see how powerful this craft can be.awsome

new topics

top topics

join