It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was the liquid explosives threat a conspiracy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I am not a chemist, but this well written article ridicules the possibility of terrorists having the capacity to do anything more than minor damage to an aircraft in flight as supposedly planned in the recent attack prevented by UK, US and Pakistani authorities.

www.theregister.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I have no doubt whatsoever that the whole thing is a total sham. How can anyone believe that the reason we can no longer carry liquids on to planes is security related? When they confiscate these supposedly lethal liquids at the airport, they make you empty out the containers into communal trash bins and then throw the bottle away;if the supposed terrorist plot involved mixing volatile liquids to create explosions, then what kind of sense does it make to mix together all manner of different agents together in one big container in the middle of the airport that's surrounded by hundreds of people? Not to mention that if this method of preparing explosives were a viable and dangerous threat, wouldn't you assume the the US and British intelligence communities would have been aware of it long ago? Are we really supposed to believe that a small group of people with no background in chemistry or metallurgy would discover a wholly new way to create incindiary devices? What a crock....

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 10:15 AM
link   
have they started charging for non-alcoholic drinks on the flights? if they do that and dont let you bring drinks on then everyone should be furious, and you can at that point be damn sure its a conspiracy. i always hated that about the movie theaters, cant bring your own food but they dont have a problem charging you $5.50 for a 1/4 full box of m&m's.

new topics

join