It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dead psychic sketched JonBenet's killer

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I don't know what to make of this, but it is certainly thought provoking.

I have an open mind on this sort of thing, but the evidence appears on the face of it to be quite convincing.

www.unexplained-mysteries.com...

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I seanced the psychic. It's true.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Interesting. It does "somewhat" resemble that pervo, but I think this is a lucky coincidence OR perhaps someone knew more than they let on. All I can say about "psychic" stuff is this: Never seen a newspaper headline "Psychic Wins Lottery!"
Actually, I think George Carlin said that.....can't remember!

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 08:46 AM
link   
[Off topic]

Why would you name a girl "JonBenet" anyway?

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 10:01 AM
link   
i've always wondered, too. what kind of name is that? oO
i would rather call my kid "moonshine dust" than "JonBenet". :p

buuuut.. back to topic;
i just can't seem to see the similarity between the drawing and the picture.
i'm not calling myself an expert at this, although i have been drawing a fair bit myself, including portraits, during my three years of art studies.
now, this psychic probably didn't go to school and learn this as i did, and that may be a reason for the drawing not matching the actual appearance of Karr. when you learn this from artists that have been drawing and painting all their lives, you learn how to draw people's features so that your drawing actually looks like the person you're drawing.

but anyway, she missed pretty good at both his jaw and his nose.
psychics don't get everything 100% every time, and this one was probably one of those times that she got the wrong information :p

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 11:44 AM
link   
you gotta be kiddin' !

the sketch and the accused

look like different people to me !

that's all I have on that.

and her name ?

too freaking weird.

so is dressing up a
little girl to look and
act like a floozy !

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 12:53 PM
link   
yeah, i still don't get that.
why would anyone dress up their six year old girl like that?
i would NEVER have done that. that's just sick.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Ok please Stay on topic, This is not about this little girls name or her Pagent dresses,

Dead psychic sketched JonBenet's killer

Now please keep the topic on the original post,

Asala

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I don't necessarily believe this dude did it. That being said, the pic does look like a different guy. Same skinny-a** neck though.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 01:04 PM
link   
oh, sorry.
i just got carried away. :s

but yeah.
i try as hard as i can, but i can't see any similarity between the sketch and Karr.
i've thought of the different angles, and if they may be the cause, but i don't think so. it may be that his jaw actually IS pointier, but.. it's still the whole nose-thing. doesn't match.
but as i said earlier, for all we know, she may have seen Karr and tried to draw him the way she saw him, but failed.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 01:17 PM
link   
The psychic was probably part of the whole set-up, then she was whacked out when she wasn't useful anymore.

Peace

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Personally, I'm very impressed a dead psychic could sketch anything no matter how accurate or inaccurate. That's just...amazing.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
Personally, I'm very impressed a dead psychic could sketch anything no matter how accurate or inaccurate. That's just...amazing.

heheh, yeah, pretty misleading topic, actually.
thanks, i needed a laugh.
i'm at work, and i reeeeeally hate customers today. they're nasty.

i have been studying the sketch a bit more, but still can't see anything.
in reality, his lips are fuller, his nose is wider, and she got his cheek bones wrong, too. and there's something funky going on with his neck.

[edit on 18/8/06 by motvilje]

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 12:11 AM
link   
With respect to those who saw no resemblance between the sketch and the photo, when I looked I immediately saw it. It's not exact, but it certainly is an interpretation of the man, IMO. The high forehead,the length of hair, and most notably the "set" of the eyes. His lean body type is well represented. I always try to maintain a healthy amount of skepticism and objectivity, and when I saw the comparison my jaw dropped. Again, I'm not contradicting those who don't see a resemblance just for the sake of it, but I have a question; If it were possible to see in person, let's say, George Washington, do you think you would instantly recognize him, even though you've seen various renderings of him all of your life? Don't you think that there would be some "discrepancy" between your pre-conceived notion of what you THINK he looks like as opposed to seeing him in the flesh before your eyes? I believe you would immediately start noting to yourself the differences between your idea of the icon, and the reality of the person's actual appearance. I work in the entertainment business, and I've often met famous people that I've seen photos of, and watched on TV many times, and when I was introduced to them, I've had to do a double-take within myself because seeing them in person was different ( and I'm not talking about issues such as make-up or TV supposedly "adding 10 lbs. to people's images" ). I've experienced this many times. Just a consideration.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 03:56 AM
link   
I am not convinced that Mr. Karr is Jonbenet's killer. It does not take a psychic to see there is no proof he was even in the State of Colorado at the time she was killed. Sure, he confessed. He confessed to drugging her and raping her. Yet, there was never any drugs or chemical substances found in her system, nor any proof she endured rape.

So, does the resemblence of this psychic's drawing and Karr's confession convince you that this is the man that killed her, even though the majority of proof available is provided by this guy, and that proof does not correlate with the facts?

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Dorothy Allison could have said he was an overweight bald guy with glasses or a hippy type with a beard, but instead she saw a very slim man with a receding hairline, personally I think it's the artist that had a hard time drawing what she was saying.

For anyone who has never heard of this psychic she helped the police in many cases. It is not a dead on sketch but considering that there was never a description of Jon Benet's killer Mrs. Allison got pretty darn close.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
I am not convinced that Mr. Karr is Jonbenet's killer. It does not take a psychic to see there is no proof he was even in the State of Colorado at the time she was killed. Sure, he confessed. He confessed to drugging her and raping her. Yet, there was never any drugs or chemical substances found in her system, nor any proof she endured rape.

So, does the resemblence of this psychic's drawing and Karr's confession convince you that this is the man that killed her, even though the majority of proof available is provided by this guy, and that proof does not correlate with the facts?

One thing that you have to remember is the facts presented to us are not the facts the police know and hide from the public to either vilify or condemn a suspect. The counts of rape hardly matter in light of a murder charge, because they do have dna evidence from scrapings beneath the girls fingernails. Why they didn't take samples from everyone associated with this is beyond me, other than the fact this guy probably flew the coup immediately afterwards. Of course, he could just be a really nice guy who is a scapegoat by his own doing? Maybe he is offering hisself as a sacrifice for the whole case and never did it at all? He had connections with people who knew things about the case? So many questions, so little time.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by motvilje

heheh, yeah, pretty misleading topic, actually.
thanks, i needed a laugh.
i'm at work, and i reeeeeally hate customers today. they're nasty.

i have been studying the sketch a bit more, but still can't see anything.
in reality, his lips are fuller, his nose is wider, and she got his cheek bones wrong, too. and there's something funky going on with his neck.

[edit on 18/8/06 by motvilje]

Yeah that's funny.
There's always channeling though. you know, where psychicians claim to have the thought print of a deceased, and they claim all karma and everything.

[edit on 19-8-2006 by bothered]

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 05:31 AM
link   

OK then , if this is purely a question of semantics let's change the headline of the article for our own purposes to 'NOW Dead Psychic...'

Happy now?

And for those who say this guy is not her killer, fair enough, but until we actually see a conviction for her murder, we will not know just how accurate the drawing really is. It could be that the real murderer, if not this chap, looks even more like the drawing.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Since this thread seems to have fallen apart.
I hope the guys boat sinks during transit.
I'm going to "channel" my thoughts.
Excuse me.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join