It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hummingbats?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Who else has a hummingbat feeder? First pic was taken about 10 minutes ago, and i'm wtaching 'em out my window as i type.

[edit on 19-8-2006 by asala]

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Maybe a small description would be helpful as to what we are looking at (or should be looking for)? If I could make a deduction it would be the fact that bats are feeding from a hummingbird feeder?

[edit on 18-8-2006 by Gemwolf]

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 02:59 AM
link   
They're Lesser Long-nosed bats, i believe, and they've been draining the hummingbird feeder nightly. A few days ago we got the new feeder in the pic, the hummingbirds were all over it, several species, but in the morning it would be dry, and hummingbirds don't feed at night around here. The other night i came home from work and there was a crowd of bats all around the feeder.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I think it is pretty obvious what we are looking at. Bats feeding from the hummingbird feeder. I wonder if these are any relation to fruit bats?

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Hmmmmm... Intriguing. This isn't exactly regular bat behavior, so I think what we've got on our hands is an adaptation.
Pretty cool all the same, though. Great find!

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Great pics!

Waaaay cooool!

I have bats here too, but they ignore my hummingbird feeders. It's cool to watch them drink from the pond though.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Wow man that's crazy.

top topics

join