It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video Footage of Woman In Peaceful Protest Shot In Face By Police

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by LAES YVAN
Frist off... the protest lasted 3 whole days...

OK, but the photos you use are THREE YEARS OLD.

[edit on 22-8-2006 by loam]

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 12:19 AM
link   
You missed my edit...

The original posters link:
www.jonesreport.com...

Has the wrong date.

Look at the video.. and look at the lady in red, and read her sign...

That same lady in red, with the same exact sign, is on this page dated Nov 22, 2003.

stpeteforpeace.org...

The date is wrong on the original posters link..

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam

The incident that is the subject of this thread occurred August 10, 2006...

--edit---

sorry i understand what you are saying...

the jones report link on the original post is wrong... the date was NOT august 10th.

Example... the lady that was shot in the face, in the original posters video that was wearing RED is found in this page, dated Nov. 22, wearing RED, and holding the same sign that is shown in the video..

stpeteforpeace.org...

The original posters link has the wrong date.

AHHHHGGHH...The dreaded cross post...

Can someone confirm the date of the protest in question?

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I can't find anything offical, but with google all I see is Nov 20-22, 2003.

I can guarantee you the original posters link to the video has the wrong date.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 12:33 AM
link   

I can guarantee you the original posters link to the video has the wrong date.

It appears you are correct! I found the following:

Officer apologizes for conduct after trade summit

By ASSOCIATED PRESS
Published August 10, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FORT LAUDERDALE - A high-ranking Broward sheriff's officer apologized Wednesday for derogatory comments he and other officers made in a police training video following the 2003 Free Trade Area of the Americas summit in Miami.

The video shows Maj. John Brooks and other officers praising one another for shooting protesters with rubber bullets at the convention a day earlier.

"Looking back at the tape, in hindsight, I shouldn't have said those things," Brooks said in a report published Wednesday night on the Miami Herald Web site.

One of the protesters, Elizabeth Ritter, contends she was unjustifiably shot with rubber bullets while she stood in front of police. A video recorded the day of the protests shows Ritter cowering under a sign while being pelted with bullets. One bullet pierced the sign and struck her in the head.

More...

Thanks for pointing this out!

I agree... If there was protester violence, as some of the pictures suggest, it wouldn't take a brain surgeon to figure out that the police would not be in a charitable mood.

Perhaps the only thing I would criticize, at this point, is the unprofessional and disgraceful "atta-boys" and "backslapping" of the officers after the incident.

Nice denying ignorance with ya, LAES YVAN.

[edit on 22-8-2006 by loam]

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Funny thing is no one was disputing the protesters being violent, it happens quite often when the police with riot sticks and shields charge the crowd.

One favourite trick cops used at one particularly nasty protest was to charge the crowd with horses until the ppl at the back were crushed between barbed wire fencing, police barricades, and the rest of the crowd....

You can easily show a few pictures that make the protesters look like the agressors and the cops just trying to 'keep the peace'. Until you witness it first hand how can you tell what really happened? I can make an educated guess from previous experience, can you say the same?

As long as protesters remain peaceful the police should too.
"Peaceful" is the operative word and nowadays stepping off the curb, even if only for a step, is considered an act of aggression by the Portland police....

Read the rest...

portland.indymedia.org...

the City of Seattle's response to the WTO protests was characterized by "unwarranted restrictions and outright assaults on citizens and on their basic American rights"....

The rest...

www.fair.org...

It happens everywhere...

Police Violence Reigned Terror Upon Quebec City During Anti-FTAA Demonstrations...

sf.indymedia.org...

“I want to cry. I saw police pull a man with his head on the ground, women were pulled by their hair. None of these young people insulted anyone, no one was aggressive, they demonstrated peacefully in order to defend tolerance...

Video

www.ukgaynews.org.uk...

MINSK, Belarus (CNN) -- The European Union has condemned violence used by Belarus authorities to quell demonstrations and called for the "immediate release" of an arrested opposition leader...
Black-clad riot police clubbed demonstrators...

edition.cnn.com...

[edit on 22/8/2006 by ANOK]

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
You can easily show a few pictures that make the protesters look like the agressors and the cops just trying to 'keep the peace'. Until you witness it first hand how can you tell what really happened? I can make an educated guess from previous experience, can you say the same?

Also good points.

Any chance someone on ATS was there?

WorldWatcher, isn't this your neck of the woods?

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 12:48 AM
link   
The link I printed on my first post on this thread www.miami.com...
has the date as 11-20-2003 for the protest in question.

edit
Hey Loam, in the past 5 minutes your avatar has changeed 3 times. Stop you're freaking me out

[edit on 8/22/2006 by PapaHomer]

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by PapaHomer
Hey Loam, in the past 5 minutes your avatar has changeed 3 times. Stop you're freaking me out

It's all I do...all day long....

Think carpet fringe....

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by PapaHomer

It will change every time you press refresh on your browser. It must be a script.

-back on subject-

Someone needs to make a website that teaches people the proper way to protest, so that the police can not touch them. Teach them things like anti-graffiti, anti-fire, anti-destruction, and anti-violence. Then show them how to get proper permits and do the right thing peacefully. Maybe then, their constitutional rights will protect them.

I still like this video though, it fits my view of this topic perfectly..

www.ultimatechase.com...

[edit on 22-8-2006 by LAES YVAN]

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 10:40 AM
link   
This video shows more to that madness

Fascist Regimes

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 01:34 PM
link   
That's a good vid Seridium, but unfortunately it will be ignored just like the stuff I posted above. Some ppl just can't see the reality right in front of them.
Who's world is this? Ours, or the authorities and those that control the authorities?

Some ppl deserve what's coming...

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 05:45 PM
link   
That video is disinformation. Why do you guys think police officers are robots, programmed to kill, hurt, and ruin your fun? They are real people just like you, and I. They have feelings just like you and I, but they are doing their job. They aren't a part of some secret government agenda. YOU people need to see the reality. You are mistaking your delusions of a police state with reality. When the reality is, these police officers are average people with average jobs, nothing more. I wouldn't be supprized if more than half of the police there agreed with the protest, but didn't agree with the violence during the protest..

Wake Up, these are not robots.

It is clear that most of that video was taken Nov. 22, the last day of the 3 day protest. I have already explained all of the illegal activites that went on during the protest, making the protest unpeacefull. The people that were making the protest unpeacefull, ruined it for everyone else, because the police already decided to shut down the protest.

If you happen to show up on the final day of a 3 day protest, the day the police have started to shut down the protest, you are going to see the police be aggressive, and you are going to think it is for no reason. The difference between the crowed of people, and the police, is that the police are all linked together with communication. Every police man there has herd about the graffiti, the fights, the fires, the destruction of property, and every other crime that happened durning the protest. They all know, and got the order to shut down the protest, and that is what they were trying to do. Many of the people there were not aware of the unpeacefullness, so they were still thinking they can protest.

In the end of the video, the police are saying "push, spray, push, spray". They were talking about picking up the fence and moving it back, along with the people. "If they don't move", thats when they spray, and use force. The police are trying to make the group smaller, towards the center of the city so they can be controlled easyer, and told to leave. When the police tell you to move back, that means move back! When they tell you to leave, LEAVE!. The people were not moving, because in their blind minds they are thinking their first amendment could protect them, when in reality their protest has became unpeacefull and they weren't aware of that.

In the beginning of that video, the woman questions why they are filming, because she has no clue of how the police work. She does not have the knowledge required to make the correct comments about it. The police are filming for evidence, to be used in court. When they make an arrest, they need to have evidence, so they can provide it in court when the suspects court date arrives. If the suspects says "I wasn't even at the protest", and the video evidence isn't there, he will get away free.

Also in the beginning of the video, they target that guy holding the sign. Sure he looked innocent there, but does that mean he was innocent the other 2 days of the protest? No. You can clearly see a police officer positivly identify this guy, and called him a leader of some group. Police don't just find random people and say "thats the guy, thats the leader"..... Obviously, previously in the protest this guy was doing something illegal, and he got away with it, but he came back for seconds, and was identified by the police officer that is good at his job. He should have wore a mask! Just like the other people wearing masks. The problem with wearing masks, is that they make you look guilty. What were they hiding from? Where they one of many of the people that got away doing something illegal earlyer in the protest? Probably. That is why the police are filming them, to get positive ID's of the poeple wearing mask, to compare them to earlyer video's to see if they mached or not.

The thing that you people don't understand is this:

When you start a protest in one area, it better be peacefull. If it is not, that whole protest is going to be stopped. They aren't going to just stop the people being unpeacefull, they are going to stop the whole protest. If you don't listen to the police while they are stopping the protest, you better get ready for force, especialy if the people out number the police.

It's COMMON SENSE.

B.T.W. Who brings a baby to a protest and then disobeys the police? Bad parents.

Once again, I agree with why they are protesting. I don't agree with the people breaking laws, and they disobeying the police.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Blah blah blah blah blah blah....

Hitlers SS were just regular guys with families, they weren't robots either...

I've seen both sides first hand, seems you only see one...

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Grow up... wake up... get a clue. "Blah blah blah"???? How old are you, 2 years old? If you are going to post stupid comments like that you might as well just do us all a favor and keep it to yourself. Learn how to debate, listen to what I have to say. You are saying blah blah blah because you know im right, you know that the protest got out of hand and the police are doing their job to end the protest, but you are ignoring that.

Put yourself in the shoes of the police. This is the year 2006, this is America, the police are governed by laws just as the citizens are. This isn't the 1930's and 1940's Nazi germany. Hitlers SS Henchmen sworn eternal faith to Adolf Hitler. Adolf Hitler had a religious agenda, and disliked the Jews.

You cannot compare the police of America to Hitlers Henchmen, WTF are you thinking? Do you see American police officers pin pointing the Jewish people and murdering them for being Jewish? Get a damn clue...

--edit--

Let me give you an example.. Me vs You. Say I went to your house, started fires in the front yard, spray painted graffiti all over your house walls, spread 100 pounds of trash inside your house, broke a few things in your house like signs and picutres, and threw stuff at you. I'll wear a mask during the whole thing.. What are you going to do to stop me? You can yell at me to leave, but when I don't, what will you do?

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 03:13 AM
link   

If you are going to post stupid comments like that you might as well just do us all a favor and keep it to yourself. Learn how to debate, listen to what I have to say.

Dude why so angry? Upset cause I wouldn't read what you've already said over and over? Sry but I've heard it all before.

Why don't you learn to listen, wake up, and see what is really going on in the real world?

You didn't even coment on the posts I did that refuted what you're saying. You just ignored it, so guess what?

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Dude why so angry? Upset cause I wouldn't read what you've already said over and over? Sry but I've heard it all before.

How the hell could I possibly be saying the same thing "over and over", when I was commenting on a video that I have never seen in my life?

Why don't you learn to listen, wake up, and see what is really going on in the real world?

Learn to listen? You're telling me, after saying "blah blah blah" to my post, that I need to learn to listen? You are the one that needs to learn. Wake up, and see the real world?? You are the one comparing the Miami Police Department to Hitlers SS Henchman. That has got to be so far from reality that it is just plain ridiculously stupid.

You didn't even coment on the posts I did that refuted what you're saying. You just ignored it, so guess what?

I commented on all your posts. No matter what type of evidence you provide, and no matter what you say, the REALITY of the situation is the same - the protest got violent, and the police had to stop it, and nobody wanted to stop.

Kid... if you seriously think the M.P.D. is anything near Hitlers SS Henchmen, it is YOU who needs to wake up to reality, you are living in a false world.

And you .. kiddie.. are going on my ignore list. There should be rules against immature people like you being on these forums.

[edit on 23-8-2006 by LAES YVAN]

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Before I officially put you on ignore, I want you to answer my post that you ignored....

Let me give you an example.. Me vs You. Say I went to your house, started fires in the front yard, spray painted graffiti all over your house walls, spread 100 pounds of trash inside your house, broke a few things in your house like signs and pictures, and threw stuff at you. I'll wear a mask during the whole thing.. What are you going to do to stop me? You can yell at me to leave, but when I don't, what will you do?

So, what will you do?

[edit on 23-8-2006 by LAES YVAN]

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 09:14 PM
link   
The thing that caught my attention the most from the first was how much she stuck out. Red business suit. Set up?

Why was she trying to stick out so much?

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Your old man was a nazi? Explains alot. Am I missing something here?

SS were the loyalists. Regular german army were the guys with family just fighting for the homeland. The SS knew very well what Hitlers' solution was. Are you equating the lady in the obvious disguise with SS? I'm confused.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join