It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video Footage of Woman In Peaceful Protest Shot In Face By Police

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
If you don't leave when the police tell you to, you get shot with rubber bullets. If you don't want to get blasted in the face, don't go to a protest.

Yeesh, one of these idiots is wearing a mask and screaming at the police.

In the interview afterwards, she says she thinks they shouldn't be happy about it, that they shouldnt applaud it. Is she kidding? Of course they are going to applaud it, they pretty clearly specifically targeted her and we glad that they hit her. Maybe next time she won't wear a bright red jacket to draw their fire.

[edit on 18-8-2006 by Nygdan]

I realize you are a moderator, I truly don't know why. I have bit my toungue so many times in the past after seeing your replies (perhaps you aren't 'working' when you reply, SHOULD'T matter).

In every element of your responses there is a belittling, self-rightous, hurtful undertone that truly tells me of your charactor.

If I was one of the three amigos, I'd put you on review. BTW, this is my opinion, though it has been shared with me by others through U2Us.

In regards to this thread, have you not heard of the 'right to protest?' Police = protect and serve. Remember that!

*question* Can I put a mod on ignore?

AAC

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavscout
You don’t risk your life, you are a sailor. Tell me when was the last time a sailor got blown up by an IED and in a separate incident shot, receiving two Purple Hearts within 7 months. You cant I am sure, so talk to me about risking your life when you actually see combat, skipper.

In 1998, I earned my Trident and became a Navy SEAL with N.E.C. 5320, 5323, and 5326 Naval Special Warfare classifications. I have seen combat, and have recently been to Afghanistan and Iraq. Now I can't tell you exactly where and what I was doing there, but let me tell you it was hostile. Just recently I lost a good friend of mine Marc Alan Lee, who was very first SEAL to be killed in Iraq.

www.signonsandiego.com...

Let me guarantee you, nobody in the service will ever talk to me in person, like you just did.

---Back On Subject---

I have many friends and FAMILY, that are police officers for the LAPD. Los Angeles Police Department. If you had any slight clue as to how law inforcement works, you would know they are there to protect proterty, as well has human lives. Setting things on fire, that are not in a controlled enviornment could potentialy cause massive damage to anything near it. Buildings, trees, wildlife, humans. Also, any type of threat comming from a crowed of people, especialy metal projectiles from high powered weapons, should be handled with extreme prejudice.

If you see a car with 3 people in it, and 2 of them are shooting guns at you, you would automaticaly treat that 3rd person that isnt shooting as if they were just as dangerous as the other 2. You must put yourself in the shoes of the police officers, and then you will understand. They have procedure, and in this case their procedure worked perfecly.

Once again I will say, your right to peacefully protest is taken away when your protest becomes unpeaceful.

B.T.W. Type my forum name backwards.

[edit on 20-8-2006 by LAES YVAN]

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 09:26 PM
link   

I earned my citizenship in blood, NOT on a cozy safe boat.

As an ex Navy guy myself sry but I gotta comment on this...

Try taking an 8 month cruise on an aircraft carrier, and volunteer for flight deck work.

Yes it's very cosy, but not in a nice way.
When you've been blown the length of a football field across heavy duty non-skid by the jet blast from an F-14. Or rescued badly burned shipmates from a burning flare locker.
Or had 22 of your shipmates drown in a ferry accident. Or watched a guy collapse on the hanger bay and die from inhaling a toxic chemical. Or watched a guy have his ear drums burst from an aircraft tire explode next to his head. Or wear a gas mask for 12 hours on a flight deck that was 140 degrees. Or almost get cut in half from an E-2's prop blade that broke apart from colliding with another plane on landing. Then tell me it's nice and safe and cozy on a boat.
I could go on but I hope my point is made. We might not have to dodge IED's but it doesn't mean it's not dangerous on a boat. I risked my life 12 hours a day 7 days a week for 8 months in the first Gulf war, sry for being O/T but your comments about the Navy hit a nerve.

Other than that I agree with your post...

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 10:44 PM
link   
See my new "temporary avatar? Its because all of you are going blah, blah, blah. All three of you deserve respect for risking your lives. Respect each other.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 12:49 AM
link   

If that is true, you are a treasonous liar (not an insult, just an observation of the law, you traitor.)

Not to get anymore off topic, but according to the US Constitution defines treason as only "levying war against the United States or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort," and requires the testimony of two witnesses to the same overt act or a confession in open court for conviction." -Article 3, Section 3. Since when did someone's words become considered an act of levying war or giving aid and comfort to enemies of the United States? If words were enough, I'm sure we could find many individuals serving in our Congress that should more appropriately be labeled treasonous. Having got all that out of my system, (sorry I just hate when people throw out the "T" word without understanding what it takes to truly be treason, no matter what their political affiliation ) I say let the man speak his piece. If you don't like it, tell him you don't. If he doesn't care, then move on. Name calling will only serve to piss someone off, thus doing little to further the thread's discussion.

[edit on 8/21/2006 by PapaHomer]

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation

If you don't leave when the police tell you to, you get shot with rubber bullets. If you don't want to get blasted in the face, don't go to a protest.

Yeesh, one of these idiots is wearing a mask and screaming at the police.

In the interview afterwards, she says she thinks they shouldn't be happy about it, that they shouldnt applaud it. Is she kidding? Of course they are going to applaud it, they pretty clearly specifically targeted her and we glad that they hit her. Maybe next time she won't wear a bright red jacket to draw their fire.

[edit on 18-8-2006 by Nygdan]

I realize you are a moderator, I truly don't know why. I have bit my toungue so many times in the past after seeing your replies (perhaps you aren't 'working' when you reply, SHOULD'T matter).

In every element of your responses there is a belittling, self-rightous, hurtful undertone that truly tells me of your charactor.

If I was one of the three amigos, I'd put you on review. BTW, this is my opinion, though it has been shared with me by others through U2Us.

In regards to this thread, have you not heard of the 'right to protest?' Police = protect and serve. Remember that!

*question* Can I put a mod on ignore?

AAC

You have noticed that also? I can't help but agree with you wholeheartedly!

[edit on 21-8-2006 by kleverone]

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 06:49 AM
link   
You people use the word "shot" like they were using REAL bullets. These were RUB-BER. Oh...my...gosh...there was a red spot on her calf. It wasn't even a bruise. As thick-headed as she is for walking down the middle of the street, I'm sure the one that hit her in the head after going through her sign (thus reducing velocity) didn't leave much worse. You guys act like she is in ICU or something. Protest on the sidewalks...not down the middle of the street and maybe scenes like this won't happen. Use a little common sense when you protest...geez.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82

Sure. But its still entirely different from the civil rights movement.

I don't even know why it mattered or came up in the first place.

Just getting back into this thread and wanted to clarify my position on this before all else. Teh level of abuse, or the reason for the protest has no bearing on the fact that it is abuse, or whether one believes the cause is just.

This situation is the same as the Civil Rights movement in this case. It is obvious that while some will point out how absolutely wrong the abuses in the 60's were, these same people claim that the actions taken by these officers were okay because the level of abuse wasn't as extreme. Or that their cause wasn't as just. I see that as hypocracy at it's best.

I'll be back with more commentary after reading the rest of the thread.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by BadMojo
You people use the word "shot" like they were using REAL bullets. These were RUB-BER. Oh...my...gosh...there was a red spot on her calf. It wasn't even a bruise. As thick-headed as she is for walking down the middle of the street, I'm sure the one that hit her in the head after going through her sign (thus reducing velocity) didn't leave much worse. You guys act like she is in ICU or something. Protest on the sidewalks...not down the middle of the street and maybe scenes like this won't happen. Use a little common sense when you protest...geez.

Many people have died from rubber bullets when shot in the head, Eyes have been lost as well. Use a little common sense when you post...geez

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 11:24 AM
link   
These are the kind of stories that make me sick and full of dispair. It is very sad that we will be forced to live like this, and who knows, the same fate might come to anyone of us at any given moment.

I makes me full of sorrow.
All you have to do is be at the wrong place at the right time and your life could be snuffed out of you....how sad. This is only the beginning, i'm sure.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I agree, that everyone is overreacting. You are the same people that feel sorry for the horrible living conditions in prisons I bet. God forbid those felons have horrible living conditions! You don't want them to hate prison now do you?

Listen... All the police officers wanted was for the crowed of people to disperse. When there are reports of fires being started, people shooting metal ball bearings with wrist rockets, and throwing bricks and rebar, they don't care at this point who is good or who is bad, they just want the people to LEAVE. The woman in the video said with her own voice that the police were following her for 30 minutes. I guarantee you, if a police force is asking you to leave and it takes you 30 minutes to leave, you will feel some type of force.

To say this woman was innocent, is like saying a tresspasser in your home is innocent.

Also a wrist rocket shooting metal ball bearings is more deadly than a gun shooting rubber pellets.

If you see something like this picture below, it means your protest has gone violent, and you should LEAVE.

Your constitution will let you peaceably protest all you want, but if the group of people you are protesting with begins to violently protest, its over, go home.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by BadMojo
You people use the word "shot" like they were using REAL bullets. These were RUB-BER. Oh...my...gosh...there was a red spot on her calf.

Go back a page and read my post, 5th one down. Rubber bullets DO maim and kill people. It's a high velocity projectile, regardless of what it's made of.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by LAES YVAN
Also a wrist rocket shooting metal ball bearings is more deadly than a gun shooting rubber pellets.

Is there video of this happening? We have video of the cops shooting protesters, and cops laughing about it after words with no mention of protesters firing anything at them.

There was no one there filming capture the protesters shooting ball bearings at the cops?

Every protest I've been to that got violent was instigated by the cops, either directly from the boiys with their shields and batons, or by undercover cops in the crowd acting as protesters. A crowd, adrenalin running, will turn violent very quickly if provoked, cops know this and perpetuate it. Read a little bit about the psychology of crowd behavior.
Crowds can be led like sheep very easily. Just like a population based on majority vote.

They do that so they have an excuse to arrest as many ppl as they can. Then they get your name, photo, finger prints etc... and you go into their data of subversives, or whatever they call it. Oh and a few bruises here and there

Maybe the crowd did shoot at the cops with ball bearings, but you know what? The cops are not innocent by a looong shot...Protesters want 'justice' to

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 07:20 PM
link   

I agree, that everyone is overreacting. You are the same people that feel sorry for
the horrible living conditions in prisons I bet. God forbid those felons have
horrible living conditions! You don't want them to hate prison now do you?

You mean like non-violent offenders who smoke cannabis and are in a Wackenhut private
prison built next top a factory for them to work? our nation has the largest prison
population in the world. Bad comparison, next time use another one.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Although I didn't find proof of a wrist rocket, I was supprized at all the illegal things I found...

First.. I want to start off with this video....

Peacefully!!

then watch this video...

Not so peacefull...

More videos here...
No wonder they used rubber bullets, tear gas wouldn't be effective enough....

Look how this person in black is PEACEFULLY throwing stuff at the authority, and another using a flag as a spear...

Peacefull bon fire....

Wonder who is going to clean up this peacefull trash?

Peacefull graffiti (destruction of property) on this bank...

More peacefull destruction of proterty...

On this picture below, you can see that people pulled a companys sign out of the ground, to use it as a sheild... you can still see dirt on the end of the white posts...What a nice peacefull way to protest, destroying business street signs.

Peacefull civil disobedience...

Although, I agree with WHY they are protesting, I do not agree with HOW they are protesting... If you are going to protest keep it peacefull and don't make the police mad. Simple common sense really, but we all know common sense is not very common these days.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 11:20 PM
link   
LAES YVAN

Would you mind posting the source link for each photo above?

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
LAES YVAN

Would you mind posting the source link for each photo above?

I knew you would ask...

Here is where I got most of the graffiti ones, and other ones with fire...

gallery.chambana.net...

This is where I got the picture of the person throwing stuff, and the person with the spear..

dawnbreaker.blogspot.com...

and here...

stpeteforpeace.org...

Basicaly.. do a google image search for FTAA protest...

[edit on 21-8-2006 by LAES YVAN]

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 12:03 AM
link   

I knew you would ask...

Is there anything wrong with that?

Let's review:

Your first link does not appear to work.

Moving on to your second link...

The incident that is the subject of this thread occurred August 10, 2006...but you show this photo

and say the following:

Look how this person in black is PEACEFULLY throwing stuff at the authority, and another using a flag as a spear...

but the link you cite clearly indicates beneath that photo:

Protesters hurl objects at police during a Free Trade protest in downtown Miami, Thursday, Nov. 20, 2003.

Different protest, no?

Then your final link indicates this date:

FTAA Protest - Miami, Nov. 22nd

...and you cite this photo:

You do not provide links to your remaining photos, but given the examples above, I think those are suspect as well.

I'll assume the dates were an oversight on your part.

Can you show me any photographic evidence that the protest which is the subject of this thread involved violence on the part of the protesters?

EDIT: OK, the first link now works for me and includes these photos also from FTAA Protest 2003

Again, can you show me anything from the August 10, 2006 protest?

[edit on 22-8-2006 by loam]

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Frist off... the protest lasted 3 whole days...

Second... the first links server was down.. but it is back up.. i just tested again... so try again...

gallery.chambana.net...

[edit on 22-8-2006 by LAES YVAN]

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam

The incident that is the subject of this thread occurred August 10, 2006...

--edit---

sorry i understand what you are saying...

the jones report link on the original post is wrong... the date was NOT august 10th.

Example... the lady that was shot in the face, in the original posters video that was wearing RED is found in this page, dated Nov. 22, wearing RED, and holding the same sign that is shown in the video..

stpeteforpeace.org...

The original posters link has the wrong date.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join