It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video Footage of Woman In Peaceful Protest Shot In Face By Police

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Sure, they were excessive. These cops fired rubber bullets, and not to excess. Also, the civil rights movement was a far greater cause than 'no more war in iraq' is. Those cops were firing in the 60's because they wanted to keep blacks down, not because they were trying to dispurse a crowd. THe modern 'peace protests' and 'anti-WTO" protests aren't peaceful protests, in general, either. I don't recall seeing MLK walking around with a mask during those marches.

No, the police were using excessive force in the 60s because they were told to. They laughed about it because they enjoyed it, and hated blacks. I see no difference here. As for the Black Blockers, they are often used as scape goats to blame for the excessive force. In reality, excessive force is used because the cops enjoy it.

Edit: and yes, it was to excess. police know that head shots from rubber bullets can be fatal, so just aiming at head, or shoulder height shows intent to do serious harm.

[edit on 18-8-2006 by Rasobasi420]

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   

If you don't leave when the police tell you to, you get shot with rubber bullets. If you don't want to get blasted in the face, don't go to a protest.

Yeesh, one of these idiots is wearing a mask and screaming at the police.

In the interview afterwards, she says she thinks they shouldn't be happy about it, that they shouldnt applaud it. Is she kidding? Of course they are going to applaud it, they pretty clearly specifically targeted her and we glad that they hit her. Maybe next time she won't wear a bright red jacket to draw their fire.

[edit on 18-8-2006 by Nygdan]

Last I checked here in America, public display was protected by our constitution, and should not result in murder. Honestly... how could you think that?

TG

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 02:45 PM
link   
It isnt all that shocking really, if the woman had any sense at all she would have left but she seemed quite content to let them fire at her.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   
those who so willingly give up there rights deserve no rights at all.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I'm glad to know that so many people would willingly give up in the face of adversity, if it means they won't be hurt.

This country expects us to die for what they believe in, but to run and hide when it comes to fighting for what we beleive in.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   
This is like your parents telling you to defend yourself against bullies, but if they hurt you, you're just supposed to take it.

Had I been there protesting next to that woman, I would've gone ape**** on that cop.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kruel
This is like your parents telling you to defend yourself against bullies, but if they hurt you, you're just supposed to take it.

Had I been there protesting next to that woman, I would've gone ape**** on that cop.

Had most of our population not gone soft, and used to sitting on their couch growing more obese and so used to seeing "peaceful" protesting, the police in that video would have had a full scale riot.

We lost our fighting spirit, we dont even get out of our cars to look someone in the face at the local mc donalds, let alone confront abusive police men..

They shot at truly peaceful people, like you said, had I been there when a women was shot in the head that cop would have hell to pay.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 03:55 PM
link   
The sad thing is that most people will say. "Well she must've had it comin'" or something like that because they refuse to believe that their government would do anything to harm them. Despite the overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

let me throw out a dialogue from The Boondocks

imdb.com...

Robert 'Granddad' Freeman: Mm-hmm. You were havin' that dream where you made the white people riot again, weren't you?
Huey Freeman: But I was tellin' the truth!
Robert 'Granddad' Freeman: How many times have I told you you bet' not even dream of tellin' white folk the truth? You understand me? Shoot... makin' white people riot. You better learn how to lie like me. I'm gonna find me a white man and lie to him right now.

People are comfortable living in oblivion. As log as they don't know the truth, then they will remain happy.

Mod Edit: Link Added.

[edit on 18/8/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 04:09 PM
link   
How anyone can condone this is so far beyond me. It is on camera that she was peacefully protesting. She was not acting violently nor was anyone else that I can see. She was shot in the face.

They should have backed off? They should have listened to the police officers that were about to shoot them? *buzzzzz* Wrong! They were peacefully protesting, and if we're going to start bending over to a bunch of bullies that got jobs as cops, then we've already lost a whole lot.

I don't remember who it was that made the comment that the civil rights movement was for "something more than Iraq". Sorry that means absolutely nothing. It was important to these people, and no where in the right to assembly does it specify a sliding scale for the "importance" of a rally. If I want to organize a rally to legalize blue jello on airlines, I can do it. And if I believe in that cause, it is just as important as any other rally.

What a sad, sad video. What a sad country that the police cheer each other on. You know how I know they were wrong? They issued their apology. They wouldn't have done that if they thought they were in the right. What is even more sad is that people will defend this madness and create some sort of scale to gauge what they feel is appropriate and important for any protest in this country. Very very sad. :shk:

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
They shot at truly peaceful people, like you said, had I been there when a women was shot in the head that cop would have hell to pay.

And that would have solved what exactly? Beside get more people hurt?

In no way am I defending the police or condoning what they did or anything. Them congratulating each other and stuff...that was just sick....
But you do have to be careful when you say stuff like they were "truly peaceful"
There's no way you can come to that conclusion based on the video (as the video only shows a couple minutes of I'm sure several hours).
Is there an unbiased report somewhere on everything that happened that day?

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Damn thats a nasty video!

Oh my freaking goodness can you imagine the sheer amount of news coverage if she was an illegal or black?? Damn then those cops would not be laughing at all, and probably the riots would of lasted days.

Damn these people - they feel that if they can get away with it, then the violence is funny and 'cool'. Take a long hard look at these people, because as a street thug once said - 'never screw with the Police or the Feds, cause they have the biggest and most violent gang of all'.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 04:39 PM
link   
At the time the video was shot, the entire protest seemed to be moving, with the officers behind them. With an entire force behind you, which way are you going to go when they tell you to move? With that wall of enforcers in one direction, I'm sure the protesters were doing just what the cops wanted them to do.

The whole thing is criminal, and no one will be punished for it.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird

Originally posted by Rockpuck

And that would have solved what exactly? Beside get more people hurt?

In no way am I defending the police or condoning what they did or anything. Them congratulating each other and stuff...that was just sick....
But you do have to be careful when you say stuff like they were "truly peaceful"
There's no way you can come to that conclusion based on the video (as the video only shows a couple minutes of I'm sure several hours).
Is there an unbiased report somewhere on everything that happened that day?

Firstly, very well said Niteboy!

Ok, TJW, what would not standing for police brutality, giving them a little bit of their own medicine do?? Teach them not to mess with and murder innocent civilians! Not everything can be solved rationaly, not everything is ended with words. I would support violence against those who abuse power to show them quite simply, don't @#^ with people! They murdered a young woman .. I am not sure people register exactly how common place this is becoming, how many times have you read about police handcuffing little kids for the most stupid reasons possible?

Also I said they where truly peaceful because while being shot at they never once threw anything at the cops, they never did anything except slowly move away from the cops. Look at the video.. people being shot at just runing across the street..

[edit on 8/18/2006 by Rockpuck]

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 05:17 PM
link   
This is just sick and it prooves that the human race is evil, I you get a rubber bullet in you eye you will lose it!
And these guys enyoy shooting at people, most people enjoy harming others!

[edit on 2006/8/18 by TrappedSoul]

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Am finding it hard not to use profanity here... this was some sick, sick s***. This women was protesting, which she has every right do to, while these asshats use her for target practice...

and then they boast and laugh about it.

This is the future, my friends.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Well said easy tiger.

Still find it hard how the SS and the SG in wwII managed to do their jobs? me niether after watching that.

Theres parralles with animal cruelty / human cruelty.

Start with small animals, move up till you reach a human and enjoy it.

Start with small rubber bullets, move up till you reach live fire and enjoy it.

This is the first foot print of the facist state. Hurt them, and laugh about it afterwards with the higher ups... Applaud cruelty often enough and it will seem to be the correct way to enforce law. then you live in a facist state where cruelty is the norm.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 06:15 PM
link   
THe worst part was having to listen to them giggle about it and make snide remarks. Just a bunch of wimps in my opinion. I guess this is there payback to everyone who ever picked on them in High School.
I have no respect for those pigs in the video laughing.

[edited vulgarity -nygdan]

[edit on 18-8-2006 by Nygdan]

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 06:58 PM
link   
they were totally bang out of order!...surely they must face some sort of investigation?

If that had happened in the UK it would be all over the news and the people responsible would have been expelled from the force quicker than you can say... stupid idiot...they would also most probably face legal action

[edit on 18-8-2006 by marcopolo]

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 07:21 PM
link   

If you don't leave when the police tell you to, you get shot with rubber bullets. If you don't want to get blasted in the face, don't go to a protest.

You ARE joking......right? Thats like saying its ok to blast protesters in the face who are not doing anything but protesting.

If the police tell you denounce your god or they will shoot you in the face with a rubber bullet, do you do so?

Yeesh, one of these idiots is wearing a mask and screaming at the police.

Last time I checked, there are no laws against wearing masks or shouting at police.

In the interview afterwards, she says she thinks they shouldn't be happy about it, that they shouldnt applaud it. Is she kidding? Of course they are going to applaud it, they pretty clearly specifically targeted her and we glad that they hit her.

Yes, it is clear they were pleased with their assault on this woman. The fact they gain pleasure from using this kind of force on non-violent people shows us they are at the very least, sadists who enjoy inflicting pain on people they do not like. Yet even more reason these punks should be dealt with.

Maybe next time she won't wear a bright red jacket to draw their fire.

Riiiiiiiiiight. Its HER fault because of her choice in clothing. Its a free country, and people can wear whatever they want. it certainly does not give the cops the right to plug her one.

How about this, maybe the cops should exercise some form of control, eh? And behave like adults, not a bunch of punk kid bullies?

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Actions like this are what really disgusts me.
, it makes me very mad that something like this would happen to protesters, who were, peacefully demonstrating, now I could understand if they were throwing rocks, and such, but this was a peaceful gathering, this really disgusts me.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join