It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video Footage of Woman In Peaceful Protest Shot In Face By Police

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 07:34 PM
link   
If you expect the comparison to be exact then you are taking it too literally.

The fascists have learned from their history, unlike most of the sheeple they control. For one they learned that rounding ppl up and putting them in camps was too problematic. It doesn't mean we're not seeing the same mentality of leadership, not necessarily Hitler, but most definitely fascistic.

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I absolutely agree that the comparison cannot be exact as no historical comparison can.
I also agree that there are similarities in the political situation and the behaviour of the leading political class.

They are definately too numerous to point out all of them but some of the major ones are.:

1. Crackdown on the freedom of speech and subduing anyone that doesn't suscribe to the current political agenda with the use of brutal policing.

2. Extensive use of a propaganda machine.

3. Using fear to control the masses and singling out the "bad guys".

4. Unquenchable thirst for world domination, and strong conviction that the your culture/philosophy/agenda is the superior one naturally destined to rule over that others.

5. Strong ties of the political and finacial worlds with the war used to boost the home economy.

I could go on but it's getting OT. So to come back to the core of the problem, it's not about the one woman shot by the police, as regretable as the incident was. It's about the system using violent means of any kind to supress the freedom of expression. It's about the ability to force your political leaders to listen and change their policies without the risk of being battered with sticks, sprayed with gas, shot and put on criminal record.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by mf2hd
I absolutely agree that the comparison cannot be exact as no historical comparison can.
I also agree that there are similarities in the political situation and the behaviour of the leading political class.

I fully agree with you mf2hd, my reply was to laes yvan expecting the nazi comparisan to be exact, as in because they are not rounding up Jews then it can't be the same. Just wanted to make that clear...

Those in control cannot risk allowing us to have true freedom, if they did they'd lose most of their machinery for creating their wealth, us.

They create an overtly distorted sense of danger and potential violence, to give people the impression that protestors are mere criminals, not people with real grievances just expressing their 'freedom' to protest. As always the 'majority' will fall for this line of propaganda, the 'majority' is always the easiest group to control.

Majority rule fails when the majority isn't thinking for themselves...

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 03:35 PM
link   
The fact still stands.. the protest went on for three days without the police doing anything. You guys make it seem like the very second they started protesting that they were shooting them and telling them to stop. That is wrong. They let the protest go for 3 full days, and during that time, the protest got violent, and a lot of costful damage occurred. That is when the police had to stop the protest, and because the protesters didn't want to stop they had to use force.

If you are to blind to see that, I think you should just kill yourself before you have a panic attack every time you see the police use force.

I'm done on this subject, I'm debating with immature anarchists.

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by LAES YVAN
I'm done on this subject, I'm debating with immature anarchists.

So what are you saying? You think Anarchists are just immature in general? Or are we just 'immature Anarchist' because we see the violence of the state against anyone to be wrong?

Personally I think you're just frustrated 'cause everyone of your arguments has been shot down, so you now revert to personal insults.

Maybe you need to discover what Anarchism is really about...

True Anarchists are not anarchists out of a desire to rebel, but out of a desire to offer something different, and we believe could be better than what we have now.

"Liberty is the Mother, not the Daughter of Order" Proudhon

So yeah give up, no one is listening anyway, you can hear your argument anytime you tune into fox news

Maturity is often more absurd than youth and very frequently is most unjust to youth. - Thomas A. Edison

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK

Personally I think you're just frustrated 'cause everyone of your arguments has been shot down, so you now revert to personal insults.

Actually I'm frustrated because you are so blind and clueless, that you actually think you shot down my arguments, and continue to go on about a subject that you are totally wrong about. You are to blind to see that I shot down ALL of your arguments and any and all arguments you may have in the future by simply saying this...

...your constitutional rights to peaceably protest are void when that protest becomes violent...

It should have ended there, yet you keep going and going and going and going and going.... YOU actually out last the energizer bunny.

You fit the profile of an immature anarchist. You don't know when to realize you are wrong, and you need to have the last word. You make claims like "all my arguments have been shot down", then you continue to defend the anarchists, with nothing more than words from a web page, and ZERO proof.

This topic is about the FTAA protest - I have shown video's, photos, and documents supporting my argument that the protest was violent. There was fires, assault, destruction of property, and graffiti on walls, mainly giant A's with circles around them. Yeah that's right an Anarchy symbol. And what do you know... we have an anarchist trying to twist the peoples illegal activities around, and make the police look like the bad guys.

I truly hope you are at the next protest that gets out of control like this one.... I want to see the video of you getting a pellet in the head.. I do..

Actually I wish some day you are the owner of a business that has to fork out $2,000 to have their building professionally repainted because a protesters graffiti. Then pay another $1000 to have a new advertisement sign created and placed in the ground, since the protesters pulled it out and decided to use it as a shield.

Better yet, I hope you anarchists get your way, and the police do NOTHING about the protest, so that your whole city will break out into riots, and you wont even be able to leave your house without worrying about getting killed. Then your business goes bankrupt because everybody is afraid to go to it, and nobody wants to enter it because the windows are broken and all the merchandise is gone. Your business loan isn't fully payed off, and now you are in debt because your store front is totaled, meaning the repairs will cost more then the whole building cost when it was new.

The point is, you and your protest isn't the center of the universe. The government could care less about your stupid little protests, but as soon as the protest gets violent, that's when they care.

Grow up... If there ever is a "police state" it wont ever be in your lifetime.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I am sorry you feel that the point I am trying to make is immature and connot be discussed, I beg to differ. I am also not an anachist, never was.
Maybe I didn't put it out clearly enough.
So here it is again:
I feel that every responsible citizen has not only the right but also duty to protest and show civil disobedience . Here's the link that explains the term: en.wikipedia.org...

I believe that breaking certain laws, especially those that aim to supress the freedom of expression (be that state, federal or municipial regulations) is necessary to preserve the above said freedom. Otherwise you end up with a totalitarian country.

Now to address your post:

...your constitutional rights to peaceably protest are void when that protest becomes violent...

1. In political protests violence is mostly instigated by the police or provocateurs in the crowd. It's easy to provoke the crowd to violence.

2. Do you think that the violent protests against totalitarian goverments of Poland, Eastern Germany, Soviet Union were wrong and the goverments had the right to shoot people, beat them up and arrest them? As far as I remember those protests were actively supported by the USA gov. So do we have an equal measure here and abroad or not? Without those protests the world would still be divided with the iron curtain.

This topic is about the FTAA protest - I have shown video's, photos, and documents supporting my argument that the protest was violent. There was fires, assault, destruction of property, and graffiti on walls, mainly giant A's with circles around them. Yeah that's right an Anarchy symbol. And what do you know... we have an anarchist trying to twist the peoples illegal activities around, and make the police look like the bad guys.

Your point is valid as far as the topic of the discussion, I am trying to make a more general point that I still think pertains to the topic. If you think I am OT please let me know, but don't resort to name calling. I don't.

The police made themselves look bad by deliberately targetting that woman, who at best was provocative but clearly was not violent, and then cheering themselves on afterwards. I don't see them fishing out the bad guys from the crowd.
Again, not all illegal activities are bad just before they break a law. A law was made by people and can be changed by people, some laws and regulations are unlawful and going against higher values like freeedom.

I truly hope you are at the next protest that gets out of control like this one.... I want to see the video of you getting a pellet in the head.. I do..

I truly hope this is just the emotions speaking through you. I do not wish you harm. In fact I hope you stay safe although I might disagree with you.

Grow up... If there ever is a "police state" it wont ever be in your lifetime.

I don't know what makes you so sure of it. The system of checks and ballances in the USA has been suspended in favour of the executive power. I personally think that the threat of USA becoming a police state is quite high. Especially if the majority of people are not prepared to make a stand for their believes.

[edit on 6-9-2006 by mf2hd]

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I believe a good case maybe made that this is a beginning of a police state:
news.yahoo.com...

President Bush pushed a hard line Wednesday on trying terror suspects through military tribunals, exhorting Congress to allow evidence to be withheld from a defendant if necessary to protect classified information.

Remember that anyone, including all american citizens can be a "terror suspect". In my opinion this would destroy the legal culture in the USA as we know it and give unprecedented powers to the executive branch.

Even more scary in the same article:

Another potential point of conflict is whether coerced testimony should be admissible. Administration officials have said allowing coerced testimony in some cases may be necessary, but McCain said the committee bill would ban it entirely.

So the struggle for a free America is on and because of the complacency of the politicians on both sides of the political spectrum civil disobedience will be a big part of it.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Better yet, I hope you anarchists get your way, and the police do NOTHING about the protest, so that your whole city will break out into riots, and you wont even be able to leave your house without worrying about getting killed. Then your business goes bankrupt because everybody is afraid to go to it, and nobody wants to enter it because the windows are broken and all the merchandise is gone. Your business loan isn't fully payed off, and now you are in debt because your store front is totaled, meaning the repairs will cost more then the whole building cost when it was new. state" it wont ever be in your lifetime.

This is just paranoid ranting...What if the police and the authorities get their way?

No right to protest? No freedom of movement? If cops had their way I know my neighborhood would be a war zone.

In fact if it wasn't for us and protesters you wouldn't have any rights at all. The rights and freedoms we do have were not gained by the police or military, it was gained through regular joes standing up and saying no more, we want change.

If the police got their way it boggles the mind to think what kind of society we would live in.

What has protesting gained for us...

40hr week, the vote for women (as useless as the vote is), min/max working age, minimum wage, end of segregation, no poll tax (UK), public education, no gas price hike (Hyderabad India), 1990 Nepal won it's freedom through protests.
(there's thousand more example if you take the time to look)

You see protests are not just a bunch of 'immature Anarchists' being rebellious for the sake of it. Protests are the only way for ordinary people have a voice in the world.
Don't you think those gains were worth the inconvenience and 'violence'?
The state sure thinks it's use of violence is justified, no? State violence only creates more violence, and they have their 'law' on their side.

If it wasn't for protesters your children would have to work in sweat shops for little to nothing in pay, with no fixed hours.

And btw I have no business to go bankrupt and never will
Maybe if people put more effort into changing society, instead of gaining for themselves, we wouldn't have to have protests.

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 09:09 AM
link   
oops double post...

[edit on 7-9-2006 by LAES YVAN]

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 09:14 AM
link   

This is just paranoid ranting...

PARANOID RANTING? LMAO

Everything you say about a police state is paranoid ranting.

What I say is pure FACT. It has happened before, the police didn't and couldn't do anything about certain protests, and they turned into a riot and massive damage to store fronts, and business happened. People couldn't leave their homes and go to the store to get food supplies because of how dangerous the people were, and they feared for their lives.

This can't happen again, and won't happen, because of our police. God bless them.

...What if the police and the authorities get their way?

No right to protest? No freedom of movement? If cops had their way I know my neighborhood would be a war zone.

You are thick, really thick. What on Earth are you frikken talking about? Where on Earth do you get the idea that cops want to end all protests? And suppress your freedom??? THEY DON'T CARE IF YOU PROTEST!! WAKE UP!!! THEY DONT CARE!! Do you understand that?? They only care if you are violent, and destroy property and take rights away from others... IF YOU CAN PROTEST PEACEFULLY, YOU CAN PROTEST ALL YOUR DAMN LIFE!

JESUS, I'm talking to a thick brick wall. GET A CLUE.

I can't believe I'm even wasting my time on you..

[edit on 7-9-2006 by LAES YVAN]

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Navy obviously doesnt understand that the establishment hates protests because sometimes it forces them to alter their plan.
Navy obviously doenst understand that people that protest usually ARE angry about the current situation, and thus the protest.
Navy obviously doenst understand that violence begats violence, so if the cops tell a peaceful protest to disperse, then try to enforce the dispersal through violence, they will often be met with violence.
Navy obviously has never witnessed gung-ho cops over stepping their authority (while following orders)

In Navys world all cops are good and just and no matter WHAT the protest the people should obey orders to disperse and quietly shuffle home.
I wish I lived in Navys world, but alas Im stuck here in reality.

I will say it again Navy,
I dont care if they were firing RUBBER BANDS at that woman, she was not the problem. The FACT that they laughed about it afterwards only proves that they werent there to protect and serve. They are pigs that should have joined the military if they enjoyed shooting at people so much, and I guess they should have joined some foreign military since they like shooting at american women so much.

Is it such a bizarre concept for the police to isolate and remove the trouble makers?
Dont they have the manpower or the tools?
They can disperse/detain crouds of thousands, but its impossible to identify and eliminate the handfull of true trouble makers?
Ah heck, just gas the entire protest, fire projectiles randomly into the croud, beat down anyone not smart or agile enough to get out of the way. Silence the whole protest because some teenager has a sling-shot.
Reminds me of the old saying '
"kill 'em ALL! Let God sort em out."

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Where on Earth do you get the idea that cops want to end all protests? And suppress your freedom??? THEY DON'T CARE IF YOU PROTEST!! WAKE UP!!! THEY DONT CARE!! Do you understand that?? They only care if you are violent, and destroy property and take rights away from others... IF YOU CAN PROTEST PEACEFULLY, YOU CAN PROTEST ALL YOUR DAMN LIFE!

You are right, cops don't care. They just a tool of the establishment. The goverment cares and uses them to further their political agenda, and that's dangerous.
Still they seem to enjoy being violent just a bit too much for my liking.

Now if you think the cops are there to protect you, or only act when you are violent you are mistaken. The cops are there to uphold the system, no matter how flowed it is. They couldn't care less about you, they are given an order and they execute it.
The problem is the executive branch issuing orders is sick and hence we get situations like that.

You don't have to be a violent protester to be arrested and branded a criminal.

I think it's time to finish the discussion in this thread as it is turning into a name calling rant.
Have a nice day guys.

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 05:33 PM
link   

You are thick, really thick.
JESUS, I'm talking to a thick brick wall. GET A CLUE.

I can't believe I'm even wasting my time on you..

And you accuse me of being immature.

Ok that's it, I've taken enough of your verbal abuse.

You dude are clueless, living in a bubble, protected from reality. Again you you stoop to name calling because you have no valid argument.
You have never been to a protest have you? How can you even claim to know about something you've never experienced?
All you ever see of what goes on in reality is through the state controlled media. Any media that contradicts what you want to believe you get angry and start name calling.

10 pages of trying to show you the reality and all we get from you is blah blah blah!
You're not debating, your just bating, and you're no master at it.

Why not tackle some of the points I and others have mentioned, instead of just yelling back, 'you're really thick'? Oh wait I know why, you can't!

This topic is obviously making you angry. Anger comes from fear. What are you scared of? That we might be right?

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 08:37 PM
link   
that was totally abuse of power to try to get the people to riot so they would use brute force to remove them.

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 08:59 PM
link   

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join