Video Footage of Woman In Peaceful Protest Shot In Face By Police

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 01:18 AM
link   
This is shocking...extremely disturbing, actually, those words don't even begin to describe this footage you're about to see. This video is proof of the new world world order coming to light.
Protesters are at a peaceful demonstration being watched by walls of police when all of a sudden rubber bullets are shot at the woman in the red dress suit. They keep firing and other people are hit as well, one man leaves with a bloody face.
After the whole incident the police gather around in a tent and laugh about shooting the lady in the face like a bunch of primative baboons.

Here's a link to the story, the video can be watched midway thru the article if you scroll down.
www.jonesreport.com...

[edit] fixed the link

[edit on 8/18/2006 by jeepin4x4girl]

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 02:32 AM
link   
This is very sad! But unfortunatly this is what happens when you put people in charge, they abuse their authority, and even boast about it, but still nothing will be done about it.

The protesters were not armed (apart from their signs) and they still got shot at? Freedom of speech seems like it has now been thrown out of the window

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Well, watta wanna do about it, if they are such meanie-weenies, you can't reason with them, so you'r left with 2 options.
1. kill them all
2. don't protest
OEH OEH 3. get shot in the face AGAIN

I kinda prefer the first one(hmmm...no shamefull smiley...ow well)

[edit vulgarity -nygdan]

[edit on 18-8-2006 by Nygdan]

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 04:52 AM
link   
OEH OEH, I THOUGHT OF A FORTH:
take your own rubber bullet shooting minigun with you, mount it on a truck or something, and park it outside of range.
When they shoot,you vbring the truck and shoot back

I got a lot of imagination, but it's healthy

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 06:43 AM
link   
If these "riot cops" were Military Police, they would have been facing a court martial by now.

That is a sad and sick abuse of power, and I've had a personal experience that further testifies to the sadistic lengths of an ineffectual police system.

Forgive me for not posting it here, but it's not on topic.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Those cops should be fired and sent to prison. Its simple but this probably wont happen as people continue to shove thier heads farther in thier ass's.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Wow this is disgusting.

And people wonder why there is so much hate toward people. That was a complete abuse of power. These 'pigs' need to at least lose there jobs and there pensions. Hell if it was up to me i would have them up on charges. That was a peaceful demonstration.

The thing that makes it worse is that the person in charge was laughing and joking about the woman. Hell if they are supposed to be professionals then i don't want to see the crooked cops.

This makes me

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 07:36 AM
link   
These cops act like it was a game with all the cheering and laughing. Lets see how flippant they would be if it was a member of their own family being shot. I bet we would see a completely differant reaction.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Absolutely ridiculous. How can they laugh like that? How is this not a HUGE story of police brutality?

[edit on 18/8/06 by Mouth]

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Although I disagree with the these tactics, and by no means want to offend or piss anyone off but...... the crowd certainly did disperse quick enough..

The bruise she received on her leg tells me rubber bullets hurt.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 12:54 PM
link   
If you don't leave when the police tell you to, you get shot with rubber bullets. If you don't want to get blasted in the face, don't go to a protest.

Yeesh, one of these idiots is wearing a mask and screaming at the police.

In the interview afterwards, she says she thinks they shouldn't be happy about it, that they shouldnt applaud it. Is she kidding? Of course they are going to applaud it, they pretty clearly specifically targeted her and we glad that they hit her. Maybe next time she won't wear a bright red jacket to draw their fire.

[edit on 18-8-2006 by Nygdan]

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Just waitin for a spark...

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Well said nyg.

You people act like the cops arrived and just opened fire on the crowd. There are PLENTY of orders that are issued to people that protest before they break out the rubber bullets. You can have your peaceful protest, but you also have to follow orders given by cops. Once it is determined that the crowd will not comply with these orders, other means are employed. If you don't like it, protest but take heed to what an officer tells you. If they say break it up, that might be a good idea...unless you're some kind of rubber bullet sadomasichist.

By the way, she was shot in the head...not the face.

[edit on 18-8-2006 by BadMojo]

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 01:16 PM
link   
BS

How many times were protesters told to dispurse during the civil rights movement. Would anyone agree that the police who turned hoses, and sicked dogs on black protesters were out of line? Or did the protesters deserve it for protesting in the first place?

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   
What is democracy if you are not allowed to protest peacefully? Are we heading towards toliterism (unsure of spelling). I hope not, because protesting peacefully against something that you feel affects you is a human right.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by rachel07
What is democracy if you are not allowed to protest peacefully? Are we heading towards toliterism (unsure of spelling). I hope not, because protesting peacefully against something that you feel affects you is a human right.

Whoever says we heading towards totalitarism, its cops who did it personally, nobody in the Bush admin ever says go shoot people with rubber if they protest. The police acted on their own. Probably got tired of the protestors.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
protesters told to dispurse during the civil rights movement. Would anyone agree that the police who turned hoses, and sicked dogs on black protesters were out of line?

Sure, they were excessive. These cops fired rubber bullets, and not to excess. Also, the civil rights movement was a far greater cause than 'no more war in iraq' is. Those cops were firing in the 60's because they wanted to keep blacks down, not because they were trying to dispurse a crowd. THe modern 'peace protests' and 'anti-WTO" protests aren't peaceful protests, in general, either. I don't recall seeing MLK walking around with a mask during those marches.

rachel07
What is democracy if you are not allowed to protest peacefully?

You have to file a request for a permit in order to have an event on a public street. If you go over capacity, become violent, or dont' have any kind of permit, your right to speak your mind does not over-ride the public's right to conduct their business.

deltaboy
Probably got tired of the protestors.

Indeed, that seems to be the sense of it. Some of them got tired of 'this red jacketed fruitcake' and decided to pop a shot at her. Once that happened, the rest of them, after a delay from the edit on the tape appparently, started to join in. Things got out of hand, which is what usually happens at protests.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Yes it was abit excessive but other protests have water cannons & tear gase but that can do just as much harm as rubber bullets.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   
i hope she sues there ass off for excessive force.
and them laughing about it really pisses me off. macho, jackbooted, small penised,
insecure, jarheaded morons.
just remember, when the crap DOES hit the fan, there are way more of us than there are of them. they will be the one's running from our guns.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I remember reading about the poor girl getting murdered.. I never saw this video.. how the hell did this never make mainstream media??? Those people where NOT rioting! They where standing.. with signs?.. they where not burning cars and looting stores.

I will try and watch what I say here, ATS does not condone violence.. and I will practise as much self restraint....

If I ever saw a police officer act like that.. They would wish I had rubber bullets.

We are Americans, when we see such barbaric acts we need to hunt the ones to commit them and display them for our government to see we won't take it!

Makes me sick, those animals, may they burn in hell.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join