It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asian female tries to board a plane with liquid explosives

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I cam across this this morning. It reports of a women of asian appearance being caught trying to board a plane in the US with 4 containers of liquid. 2 of these containers tested positive for explosives. I believe she is now being held by the FBI.

news.aol.co.uk...

Just came across another link of this and it would seem this lady has now been cleared to fly???????

news.bbc.co.uk...

Obviously no story as to why she was carrying such liquids, What they were and why she has been set free

[edit on 18-8-2006 by thesaint]

[edit on 18-8-2006 by thesaint]

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Television news reported this morning that the two containers involved carried water and some form of cosmetic - no comment, however, on why the swab test suggested explosives.

Oh, and her family are claiming racial discrimination(!)

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 02:24 AM
link   
the BBC stated early this morning that it was water and some form of hand lotion

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by timeless test
...the two containers involved carried water and some form of cosmetic - no comment, however, on why the swab test suggested explosives...

If 'innocent' items such as cosmetics can trigger a positive result in explosive scans, why bother to make any actual bombs? A 'terrorist' could book a vacation flight with a few of these items in baggage with the aim of causing as much disruption as possible.

As with this case, the departure terminal was evacuated and flights diverted/grounded and globall media impact to scare the bejeesus outta any potential passenger...nothing gets exploded, but the social impact is of the same magnitude

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Why do they care what people carry on ? dosnt make any sense when any moron can put a huge ass bomb in the cargo area of a plane just by sending some luggage and never getting on the plane. The airport officials already stated that there scanning technology sucks for peoples luggage.

Mind boggling why this BS fear is being perpetrated. I think people are just so stupid that they dont realize..........it is easy to put a large bag in the belly of a plane.

Water and cosmetics ? Are you friggin kidding me ?

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by R3KR
Why do they care what people carry on ? dosnt make any sense when any moron can put a huge ass bomb in the cargo area of a plane just by sending some luggage and never getting on the plane.

Hold luggage is scanned by much more sophisticated kit that hand luggage and has the advantage that it can't be interfered with or assembled into something nasty as has been suggested for last week's episode. That was the whole reason for making everyone check their carry on bags last week.

... and whilst I'm not saying it can't be done it is quite tricky to get your luggage into the hold of a plane without you being sat above it as there are extensive procedures to match people with bags.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 06:59 AM
link   

... and whilst I'm not saying it can't be done it is quite tricky to get your luggage into the hold of a plane without you being sat above it as there are extensive procedures to match people with bags.

If that is true, how come my baggage ends up someplace that I don't?

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkelf

If that is true, how come my baggage ends up someplace that I don't?

I didn't say it was impossible - and it is quite tricky to do it with intent...

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Hold luggage is scanned by much more sophisticated kit that hand luggage

I know that is not true in NY. The technology is horrible for scanning. Anyone with little or no knowledge can sneek a large explosive device onto a plane. Its fear perpetrated by the media. The people putting all of these so called "security measures" in place are absolute morons. You have a better chance of dying from a heart attack or a car accident. Ever hear the term prison for your mind ?

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 07:27 AM
link   
TBH my experience of US airport security has always been very worrying.

Pre 9/11 I was twice waived around the body scanner at LAX as there was a queue (I had to leave the airport a few times and walk c. 1/2 a mile to have an evil, dangerous cigarette). I was stunned that security could be so lax when in the UK & Europe airport security is pretty damned tight and has been since the 60's.

In Europe virtually every flight is cross-border so all our airports have defined separate landside /airside areas and you can't pass from one to the other without passport / security checks

No doubt it improved post 9/11 but it did seem that the starting point was just a token effort rather than serious security

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Strangerous
Pre 9/11 I was twice waived around the body scanner at LAX as there was a queue

LAX....rather an ironic acronym dont you think, given the recent highlighting of inadequate airport security checks?

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 09:24 AM
link   

lol

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Why go to all the trouble and risk of trying to build and smuggle a bomb on board a flight, when you can just put a Dell laptop in with your hold-luggage

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Why go to all the trouble and risk of trying to build and smuggle a bomb on board a flight, when you can just put a Dell laptop in with your hold-luggage

Bombs? We're worried about bombs? 9/11 did not occure with the use of bombs, they were done by cardboard knives, the most modicum of weaponary available, or so we're told to believe. Should we forbid the carrying or distribution of plastic knives as well in planes?

This is nothing but fear mongering, nothing more.

Luxifero

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   
My concern is that if liquids are banned, the next logical step would be to fashion clothing from woven Nitrocellulose fibers, and detonators that could be assembled from harmless-looking jewelry. Of course if that happens, then everyone will be required to board the plane in the nude. The I would get stuck on the filght with all the really ugly people.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by niklaus
the next logical step would be to fashion clothing

please god dont let them bring back shell suits (without pockets) and force everybody to wear them. i used to have nightmares about the world being populated by shell suit families in the 80s

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by niklaus
My concern is that if liquids are banned, the next logical step would be to fashion clothing from woven Nitrocellulose fibers, and detonators that could be assembled from harmless-looking jewelry.

True enough. That would be a pretty scary scenario if it could happen. Then nothing would be safe.

Of course if that happens, then everyone will be required to board the plane in the nude. The I would get stuck on the filght with all the really ugly people.

That's an even scarier scenario!!! Imagine - getting seated next to the 400 pound guy with more body hair than I have on my head. And the joy of watching him pick the crumbs from his airline food out of his chest and belly hairs. Damn, maybe I would actually want the plane to blow up at that point...........

new topics

top topics

join