It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donnie Darko Website...very strange.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Hi,

I was watching Donnie Darko tonight and then I went on the web to check out some site about it. I found the "Donnie Darko" site and its really strange.

Also, I am still at a loss to fully understand that movie...

Here is the Donnie Darko site.

-- Boat

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Wow brings back meories.

The website is like a game, im sure if you type in something like "donnie drako website faq" on google, you should find something the explains how to get through the website.

It is one hot movie, with a very cool soundtrack. Its a few years old now and i wouldnt be surprised if there is another thread around here on it. I will try to explain the movie basicly. Its all about time travel, the whole movie is a alternate world/timeline. Donnie got a extra week of life, and he was trying to discover the truth about his week. Although i dont understand the "frank" character fully, i believe it was a figment of his imagination that was trying to warn him.

The weirdest thing i found in the movie is when the teacher says that "cellar door" is the most beautiful word in the english language......go figure.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Yes, it was J.R.R Tolkien who said that "Celler Door" was the most beautiful phrase that is possible to create.

Still, the movie is confusing. And the website is very odd. Almost creepy.

-- Boat

[edit on 18-8-2006 by Boatphone]

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Huh didnt know Tolkien said that thanks.

Yeah the website is creepy and cool at the same time, another weird website for another movie was Requiem for a Dream website. I think its even creepier to be honest, and also a great movie.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Donnie Darko is great movie, The bunny scared the crap out of me at first, but now I quite like him. I didn't understand it the first time I watched it, but after a few goes it now makes sense - unlike the webiste
I'm stuck on level 3 where they are talking about the aeroplane engine. I swear there is nothing to click on to continue, I have searched the whole page arrggggghhhh.

Haven't listened to the sound track yet, but I'm going to buy it later

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I guess I'm a bit late with finding things but man that site is one of the best I ever came across.

It's just as good as the movie. I was kind of shocked though that the book mentioned in the movie is real. (just not published yet apperantly). I'm not shocked about it because there is a book like that, just that it has never been in bookstores and all.

top topics

join