It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Israeli peace Protesters Fired Upon By IDF

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 10:42 PM
link   
It was a peaceful demonstration in Bil'in that turned into a nightmare. Men, Women, Teens were fired upon for protesting the war. 1 of the protesters was hit. I do not know wether they were firing rubber bullets or not maybe someone who knows weapons can say, but the IDF officers in this video made false claims that the protesters were throwing rocks. Obviously they were lying if you see the video.





Israeli Soldier in Bil’in: “This is Lebanon!”
Posted in Reports, Bil'in Village, Video
Israeli activists have uploaded a video of the shooting of Lymor and the initial violence of the Israeli military in Bil’in on Friday, August 11th. To view it click here. Higher quality for broadcast is also available from the ISM media office

The video clearly shows the Border Police unit firing on the demonstrators from close range. There is no evidence that the soldiers were in danger. Typically, the military spokesperson has claimed that “activists threw stones” and Haaretz’s article yesterday reiterating the same false information. The video also clearly shows the commander of the unit saying, “This is Lebanon!” as he orders his force to fire on retreating demonstrators, and “I will not allow a demonstration during wartime!”

The commander, Majdei, made this decision despite a military court decision in August 2005 that people in Bil’in have the right to protest on their land on the village-side of the apartheid wall. Every week since the wall was finished in March 2006, the Israeli military has also denied them the right to protest on their farmland on the other side of the wall. The wall separates villagers from 60% of their farmland, half of which has already been annexed and developed by Jewish settlements.

In addition many villagers have been arrested in the night during army raids for participating in the demonstrations in Bil’in. Two villagers are still in prison: Esaam Matar, 29, has been imprisoned eight months and the military has ruled he is to be deported to Jordan; and Muhammad Burnat, 19, has been imprisoned for 3 months and has not yet had a trial for his alleged crimes

Source


The Video Link




posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
It was a peaceful demonstration in Bil'in that turned into a nightmare.


I hope this does not suprise people,

If Israel is willing to kill a 20-year-old student from Missouri by running her over with bulldozer just for participating in peacefull protest i hate to see what Israel's actions are to combat rock throwers



[edit on 17-8-2006 by helium3]



posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Anyone know what they are shooting with? They reload after every shot.



posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by shire19
Anyone know what they are shooting with? They reload after every shot.

Well that guy was bleeding pretty badly. Maybe rubber bullets, but even if it was they weren't violent really. Teargas and whatever they were shooting didn't seem called for.



posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by helium3
If Israel is willing to kill a 20-year-old student from Missouri by running her over with bulldozer just for participating in peacefull protest i hate to see what Israel's actions are to combat rock throwers


Her name was Rachel Corrie, killed in Palestine on March 16, 2003, trying to prevent the demolition of the home of a Palestinian pharmacist, his wife, and three young children.

Also, Tom Hurndall, killed January 13, 2004 by an IDF sniper while trying to get children out of the line of Israeli army gunfire.

Both were members of the International Solidarity Movement, who were in the occupied territories to document the daily abuse and violence toward ordinary Palestinian civilians by settlers, soldiers and police alike.

Take a few moments to visit the I.S.M. website and read the documented reports by volunteers...I have a great respect for those volunteers who have given their time, and in the case of Tom and Rachel-their lives, to help the wider world see through unbiased eyes, the oppressive conditions and violence the Palestinians endure

[edit on 18-8-2006 by timski]



posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by timski
Her name was Rachel Corrie, killed in Palestine on March 16, 2003, trying to prevent the demolition of the home of a Palestinian pharmacist, his wife, and three young children.

Also, Tom Hurndall, killed January 13, 2004 by an IDF sniper while trying to get children out of the line of Israeli army gunfire.



James Miller a documentarian from Great Britain was killed shortly afterwards in May while waving a white flag. That was a sad Documentary seeing him die in the end.


Pie



posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
I do not know wether they were firing rubber bullets or not maybe someone who knows weapons can say, but the IDF officers in this video made false claims that the protesters were throwing rocks. Obviously they were lying if you see the video.

It's impossible to tell from this video whether rocks were being thrown or not. It would have to stay focused on the protestors to determine that.

But, right before the first shots were fired, you can see two young men in the front of the crowd, turning and running back toward the crowd. And about three quarters into the video, another young man is seen picking something (rocks?) up off the ground.

Tensions are bound to be high in that area at this point in time.

The video of the man that was shot is odd. He doubles over, like he was gut-shot, then it turns out he has a head wound. And in the first shot, his right arm is next to the wire fence, and then on the close up, it is his left arm that is closest. Strange.




top topics



 
0

log in

join