It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worlds Oldest system of control!!!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 08:38 PM
link   
RELIGION!!!! Everyone at some point in their life fears their own mortality. Even I. Religions offer people "happy" endings if you behave and don't do things judged to be "morally" wrong. But people need to get over those fears, they need to be free thinkers and listen to themselves and then you will discover a new world. I find religion sad and hypocritical most of the time. I am interested in what others think so i'd like to hear it.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Who says religon is bad? Not all of it is about control. Mainly organized state sanctioned religons. It seems it is a lack of spirituality and belief in some sort of higher calling or power has also caused alot of disturbance.

Religon isn't the only method of control. And just what does it mean "listen to one's self"? Who is to say your innervoice is not manifestation on the divine?

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by tommy1979
RELIGION!!!! Everyone at some point in their life fears ....

Your first statements contradict with eachother. If religion is the worlds' first system of control, you are saying religion came before fear. Why demonize religion for the fear it instills, instead of praising religions' efforts for deminishing fear.

You justify religion as being a system of control by supporting this with "fear".

Why then, is fear not the oldest and first system of control.

Everyone is fearful because of the first system of control. Our DNA. More to the point:Our inherent instinct of "Self Preservation" which means: "self Preserve".

So, you may ask if i am saying: Fear exists because of "Self Preserve"?

Yes, i am. Self Preserve means:

Self = Self (ME, ME, ME)
Pre = Before
Serve = To serve (aid, teach, nurture, etc..)

Because we are "Self Before We Serve) anything or anyone, before the sperm ever meets the egg, it stands to reason that the original system of control is not religion, not even fear, but our own genetics.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Re-ligion as in the act of binding other's with pagan metaphor based belief sytem's is ancient as they come, load of cobbler's.

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Religon isn't the only method of control. And just what does it mean "listen to one's self"? Who is to say your innervoice is not manifestation on the divine?

Religion and spirituality are two totally different things to me. "Listen to your inner voice" is your consciousness. Your consciousness is your spirituality and it is real, it is your light.

Religion on the other hand, is the con-job on humanity to keep us all in line, to divide us and conquer us. It is a tool of social control. It is the oldest and most blatant form of mind control, the oldest trick in the book.

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 06:36 AM
link   
i have to agree, i've always believed that religion was just one of the biggest scams going since time began, that and the elite using it as a way to keep power over their subjects.

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Religion and spirituality are two totally different things to me. "Listen to your inner voice" is your consciousness. Your consciousness is your spirituality and it is real, it is your light.

Religion on the other hand, is the con-job on humanity to keep us all in line, to divide us and conquer us. It is a tool of social control. It is the oldest and most blatant form of mind control, the oldest trick in the book.

Well said.

Spiritualism is knowing thy self, understanding who you are, listening to what you believe. Not to what someone else believes and believing as they do.

I was brought up in to the Catholic Church. Christianity. And while I do belive they have good values and some god beliefs, Common sense looks elsewhere. I look to myself and to what I believe and have figured out.

I believe in a spirit world. I believe in life after death. I believe in God. I'm sure there was a jesus christ but i dont believe he was god, but a very spiritual enlightened person with stong beliefs and human values. I believe in Ghosts. I believe in UFO. I've seen video evidence of ghosts. Heard tape evidence of ghosts. Seen evidence of UFO's. And so many poeple have had experiences with UFO's and sooo many people around the world have had experiences with loved ones from beyond the grave that couldn't possibly have been anything else. I believe in Angels (not in such a way that we have some assigned to us to watch over us, But i believe sometimes there are spiritual beings that do watch out for us. I believe we are holograms because quantum physics has proven it to be, and that we live in a holographic universe. I believe that anything is possible (oh and science has proven that anything is actually possible and there is more of a chance of anything possibly happening than anything NOT possibly happening (i dont think i said that sentance right)).

Oh and please dont ask me to prove any of these things because quite frankly I cant be stuffed (and don't really care if you believe what i believe, or not).

Wince when i was young i started reading magazines such as New Scientist, American Scientist, REading the internet and above top secret, books, mags, newspapers day in and day out. If you've read what I've read, heard what i've heard, seen what i've seen. You'd be believing it to...

And NO I dont believe in reptilians (but it is possible that they do exist (more possible than they dont (and science has proved that))).

and now back on subject.

Yes i do believe that religion is a con job that can inspire people very much so and is not necessarilly a bad thing in alot of cases, but that being said, people need to open thier eyes a little bit and take out the parts that make them slaves to others belief systems, lies, and stories.

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE
I believe in a spirit world. I believe in life after death. I believe in God. I'm sure there was a jesus christ but i dont believe he was god, but a very spiritual enlightened person with stong beliefs and human values. I believe in Ghosts. I believe in UFO. I've seen video evidence of ghosts. Heard tape evidence of ghosts. Seen evidence of UFO's.

And NO I dont believe in reptilians (but it is possible that they do exist (more possible than they dont (and science has proved that))).

I think you're right on the money there, if not far off. Because we know our consciousness to be a real and tangible thing, I think the probability is quite high for any (or all) of those avenues to be real. To add to your list, I also think 'psychics who see dead people' are also genuinely tapping into an unseen energy field. There was a crime show of unsolved murders here on tv (Sensing Murder), and the psychics were freakishly uncovering personal details and communications that could not be possible unless they were actually in contact with that victim.

So yeah, I say yes to a Divine Source / god / whatever you want to call it.
Yes to ghosts and psychics. Yes to UFOs. Yes Jesus was an enlightened being, nothing more nothing less. I say 'perhaps' to Reptilians. The historical record is very interesting and the R-complex in our brains suggests an evolutional curveball in there somewhere. It's such a fascinating topic of discussion - the sheer possibilities we can unlock.

And unfortunately I believe one of the things religious dogma has successfully achieved is the 'locking down' of possibilities - to keep us under the thumb of a preset belief system - to prevent us evolving spiritually (which seems a paradox when pious humans use their faith as a tool for spiritual growth) - to keep us dumb and unenlightened.

[edit on 25-8-2006 by RiotComing]

new topics

top topics

join