It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sex and waiting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 08:31 PM
link   
How many of you wait to have sex? And if so, why? Is it for religious reasons, or something else entirely?

Being single in our culture is basically a green light to go and sleep with whoever you want, without even necessarily knowing that person. It's like just another thing people do. I don't see anything wrong with it, but it's not my cup o' tea.

Sure I know other people who wait, but only because they're religious. Had they not been religious most of them would probably be out there too, "doing it" with whomever, whenever.

I'm not religious, but I wait because I think of sex as something special... something that goes beyond simple physical pleasure. Am I alone here?

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Um..I do. Nothing too religious, besides my belief that religious promescuity is an issue that tends to cause more trouble in your life then anything else.

Also, I think rompent sexual activity is more of a sign of immaturity then anything, and is causing alot of health issues in america aswell as alot of bad parents forced with teen unwanted pregnancy.

Plus, it clouds relationships.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I agree with WW, I haven't had that many partners in my life, but even so, I think it is important to develop a good sexual realtionship with your spouce before marriage.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I had sex for the first time at 15 (don't do it, it was rubbish lol), with my G/F who i had been with for about 2 months. We were together for 6 years in the end so it wasn't like it was a un-meaningful relationship.

I think sex is a important part of a relationship, but only when you both feel comfortable enough doing it. OH and don't get me wrong, i said its important not the most important. I think Love, honesty and the ability to trust the other person is far more important.

Sex is natural and a fun thing to do, it can also make your relationship 10 times better, just don't rush into anything. I know its a cheesy saying but its right 'you will know when the time comes'

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I always wait..................until my my food has gone down anyway

On a serious note though, waiting is better. It allows time for people to get to know each other and see if there is any spark between them. When I was younger ( sigh ) I didnt always find that sexual spark, but made some very close and good friends. When I did find that spark.............. well use your imagination

Sometimes two people just click and have sex for sex sake, so please use PROTECTION !!

Use PROTECTION all the time its safer and prevents so much pain and heartache.

As you get older......................... well thats another thread !!

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   

I think sex is a important part of a relationship, but only when you both feel comfortable enough doing it. OH and don't get me wrong, i said its important not the most important. I think Love, honesty and the ability to trust the other person is far more important.

go on say it.....i know your going to?.....

Group Hug!!

i think sex is an important part of a relationship too, say....oooo...er?'...about 1.5 seconds..

(thats the relationship part....not the sex)

Bang as many people as you can..practice makes perfect!

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by optimus fett
go on say it.....i know your going to?.....

Group Hug!!

LMAO, fett if you want one just come out and say it lol

But remember you have to buy me a drink first in not 'loose' lol

[edit on 19-8-2006 by picklewalsh]

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar
Um..I do. Nothing too religious, besides my belief that religious promescuity is an issue that tends to cause more trouble in your life then anything else.

Also, I think rompent sexual activity is more of a sign of immaturity then anything, and is causing alot of health issues in america aswell as alot of bad parents forced with teen unwanted pregnancy.

Plus, it clouds relationships.

Wrong. There is nothing wrong with rompent sex AS LONG AS YOU WEAR A CONDOM. When one of those is used, there would NOT be any health issues or pregnancies. Arn't I right? And f*ing all the time is the only thing for people like ME who WILL NEVER MARRY, HAVE KIDS, OR EVEN GET A GIRLFRIEND! So I justify one night stands all the way!

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Russian soldier

Wrong. There is nothing wrong with rompent sex AS LONG AS YOU WEAR A CONDOM. When one of those is used, there would NOT be any health issues or pregnancies. Arn't I right? And f*ing all the time is the only thing for people like ME who WILL NEVER MARRY, HAVE KIDS, OR EVEN GET A GIRLFRIEND! So I justify one night stands all the way!

Statistically, thats wrong.

It reduces your chances by 60%, but incorrect condom usage or a faulty condom can easily lead to pregnancy, aids, or any gambet of STDs.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar

Originally posted by Russian soldier

Statistically, thats wrong.

It reduces your chances by 60%, but incorrect condom usage or a faulty condom can easily lead to pregnancy, aids, or any gambet of STDs.

Nah, if you use the REALLY tough condoms, you have the same chance of that BS as being struck by lightning! Besides, you can use spermicide, and other chemicals, plust birth control pills, patches, and rings.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 12:28 AM
link   
no your not alone. im an extremley sexy 17 year old male, and im waiting until marriage. Which is strange since i dont want to be married. Its a mattter of trust..

[edit on 21-8-2006 by Circa]

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 05:02 PM
link   
But Circa, I noticed your sig says "property of Jesus"... does that mean your decision to wait has something to do with religious or moral ideals?

I'm just curious if there's anyone else out there who waits, but not for religious or moral reasons. And if so, why?

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 06:26 PM
link   
i believe in jesus and god and all that crap, but i know nothing of my religion [catholic] and it doesn't affect my choice to wait until im married. I just feel sex is special, and personal, and shouldn't be shared with anyone you don't love.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mindwalker
Sometimes two people just click and have sex for sex sake, so please use PROTECTION !!

Use PROTECTION all the time its safer and prevents so much pain and heartache.

Amen to that! I cannot stress this enough, trust me I’ve seen dudes pay, oh and I mean PAY for letting a few minutes cloud their judgment. So again if your going to do it, might as well strap it.

Personally, I’m not religious nor do I think there something special in waiting, of course I didn't, well lets just say my first was shortly after I turned 16, and I haven't looked back since. BUT, (and this may be seen as a bit hypocritical) I want whomever I marry to be a virgin, or at least I should be the only one she had.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Sounds kindof hypocritical to me.

No offense.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Ok, I guess I'll be the opposite today. No...I never waited.

Most guys that I know that waited for that special someone found out that their girl went and did it with someone else instead. Either that or they were just used for money, etc for a very long time and then dumped before the wait was over.

Now, I have no problem with waiting and I had a pefect way to do that. I told any woman that wanted to wait "great, just give me a call when your ready" while I dated other women. Worked real well.

I'm not saying don't be safe. In fact, BE VERY SAFE.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Waiting sucks
. It is painful to wait. Trust me man, I USED to not wanna ever have sex (until about 3 or 4 months ago) boy was I miserable. It was like torture. I'm never gonna wait again. It is OUR NATURE. We get URGES. And when we don't fulfill them, we suffer from it. Its dumb to wait. What's wrong with having sex before marriage? I think the majority of people do it before marriage. Hell, some people like me never get married
Does that mean we gotta stay virgins for life?

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 11:57 PM
link   
i waited til she is like BRIIIIIING IT.

and then i broughts it.

ps: wrap your meat.

[edit on 23-8-2006 by Lysergic]

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
i waited til she is like BRIIIIIING IT.

and then i broughts it.

ps: wrap your meat.

[edit on 23-8-2006 by Lysergic]

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAA! Good one! Let me try..............package the sausage!
I actually think its a bit better when the girl BRIIIIINGS IT.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 12:24 AM
link   
yes, i do enjoy the idea of being dominated.

slap meh bebbeh 1 mo' time.
again.
repeat.

top topics

join