It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Catholic wemon claim to be ordained priests

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Suppsoably a group of wemon has claimed that this past summer they were ordained into the catholic priesthood. They have said that the first of two cermonies was done in europe by a group of wemon who were ordained priest through a secret service by male bishops who were in good standing with the Vatican.

August 17, 2006 ยท More than a dozen Roman Catholic women in the U.S. who claim to have been ordained as priests during a ceremony on July 31 are now facing the threat of ex-communication and public condemnation. Critics say the women are not only breaking church law, they're undermining the women's movement in the church.

www.npr.org...

(the full story must be listened to. you need real player or windows media player)

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Im pretty sure it wasn't offically sanction by any branches of the catholic church.

it does go to show the fundementalist catholic mentality though regarding women. I honestly do not see what they have against female priests. They really should wake up and smell the 21st century if they don't want to alienate a growing number of women who are no longer "traditional".

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Catholic wemon claim to be ordained priests

Ill bet that they could at least spell Women and supposedly.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I am a Catholic woman ordained priest. What's the big deal?

I only did it so i could perform weddings, etc, not to preach.

I dont see the problem.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Im pretty sure it wasn't offically sanction by any branches of the catholic church.

it does go to show the fundementalist catholic mentality though regarding women. I honestly do not see what they have against female priests. They really should wake up and smell the 21st century if they don't want to alienate a growing number of women who are no longer "traditional".

This seems incredibly bigoted to me. Surely Catholics are entitled to their own religion, same as everyone else? If you don't 'understand' their objections, shouldn't you keep quiet until you do? And if you can explain your mindless conformity to the values fashionable between 1990-2010, as a substitute for a set of values that has lasted 2000 years, then do so -- but treat others with the respect you expect for such irrationality as your own position.

I'm not a Catholic, by the way. I merely think that tolerance should not be restricted to those the establishment happens to approve of.

All the best,

Roger Pearse

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I am a "recovering Catholic", married to a Presbyterian, raising our kids Episcopal. There are many things I miss about the religion I was raised in, but I disagree with some of their fundamental practices so I moved on. Priests should be able to marry, women should be able to be priests, and when attending a Catholic mass, all should be welcome at communion. It always made me uncomfortable when the priest would announce that only Catholics were welcomed at communion, not really a way to increase the fold!

That said, it disturbs me greatly that Catholic bashing is all the rage now. Even my mother-in-law pitched a hissy when my husband proposed to me and told me she would be "beside herself" if we raised the kids Catholic. My father-in-law kept reciting stories about his family who told him that he would be disinherited if he married a Catholic. Now these two make the nazis look like a bunch of liberal do-gooders, but there are many people out there who aren't militant in any other way and who would never stereotype another group, who still bash Catholics. It's getting a little old.

My personal issues with the vatican aside, there are many good people who find comfort in this religion and they should be left to worship without judgement. JMO.

new topics

top topics

join