It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Symbology of my life

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 05:22 PM
link   
For me symbols and little things have always stood out and have made me who I am..everyone or noone else may have these..

Noone can tell me what my symbols stand for or mean, because they are for me. They are gifts to understand my life at the crossroads/intersection.

My advice is personal, but if anyone here has symbols, don't look around you or to others for their meaning, you will never find the answers that way and infact looking around you for these answers will only bring you further from yourself..

Look inside yourself, search deeply and when you have the answers, hold them sacred inside yourself..

Happy Trails
Mags

[Edited on 12/19/03 by magestica]

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 05:24 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 05:26 PM
link   
That was one speedy response TheBandit!!
Thanks will check it out and give my thoughts..

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Ohh, now I notice that I posted it within two minutes...

I post and leave the computer often...

[Edited on 1-11-2003 by TheBandit795]

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I more then skimmed over the site. Good read. Thanks for posting it here.

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Three separate and distinct comments:

1. All our languages are made up of symbols. These are probably the most important ones that carry through life aren't they?

2. In the past 50 years the symbols that have taken up more and more of people's headspace, in a very insidious and sinister fashion, are brand images. They take up permanent space in your subconscious which is easily manipulated by advertisers.

3. The place to find private symbols that are most important to you is in your dreams. What the symbols mean cannot be found in a dream handbook or encyclopaedia, they are all individual and subjective. What happens in the dreamwork is that repressed urges, fears and unconscious impulses which might otherwise be so shocking that they would wake you up, end up being transformed into small symbols that are in the periphery of the plot you have constructed for your dream. I find those kinds of symbols very interesting.

Great concept magestica, I will revisit it.

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Absolutely! Our symbols are *our* symbols, and thus the meaning for one is not going to be the same meaning for another person. This is such an important piece of life advice that we should always remember and respect deeply..
Peace
Mags

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 06:41 PM
link   
O.k. in a nutshell...

Image streaming is describing the images in your mind in 5 sensory detail and then trying to figure out the patterns to find out what your subconscious mind is telling you with it's symbols. It should get easier with time. Einstein did a form of this, Tesla, Kekule etc...

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 06:49 PM
link   
And that site teaches one how to do that? I know what the symbols are obviously, but you and I for instance could have dreamt of the same symbol, which visits us throughout life, not just dreams, and it might mean something completely different for each of us right. Or could mean the same thing.

But the connections can only be made within oneself and one other who shares those sacred life symbols.
Mags

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Mags, read this little e-book...

www.winwenger.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
Mags, read this little e-book...

www.winwenger.com...

Don't want to, can't make me..kidding, ok I'm doing it now

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 08:39 PM
link   
everything we is symbolic of concepts held in the individuals mind.....look at our avitars......
i think alot of it are symbols/things we see and they are given a personal twist....i am less inclined to think that there is a 'mass symbology'...well, maybe in the very broad sense...those who are easily influenced or don't/can't/don't want to think about a deeper meaning of things...
most people are afaid to be still in the mind because they dont't like what the 'feel'...i've tlaked with many on the subject...and it still surprises me how afraid people are of their own thoughts........

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Every object is symbolic of something, or relates to something else in some way. It depends on the individual's path in life. Symbols can be bridges that we burn after passing over them. The human form is a symbol which signifies a certain state of existence to the higher beings.

When a higher being first began communicating with me it used visions containing different concepts to let me know what it was thinking. A picture or vision can speak a thousand words, and so a sequence of just a few visions can speak a million words. The same concept can be embedded in many different symbols and so the individual symbols themselves are not as important as the concept they contain.

Sometimes I simply wanted a 'yes or no' answer from the being and so I told it to create a blue flash of light for a 'yes' answer and a red flash of light for a 'no' answer. The being thereafter used the red and blue light symbols to say yes or no.

If the being spoke audibly then other beings could sense the sound vibrations and cause various problems. So the being and its kind speak in telepathic visions that need no sound in order to relay vast amounts of information.

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 02:32 PM
link   
YAY! great thread. without having read the article, i can tell you that this is down near the bottom of the rabbit hole. phoenicians, runes, hyperspace symbols, sound, vibration, cognizance, conciousness levels(which are basically carrier wave frequencies, alpha, beta, delta, theta).
think waves. carrier waves and modulator waves. this is reality. they're actually doing spin control on string theory, now, because they know it will cause a consciousness explosion if too many people can 'see'.

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 03:01 PM
link   
ok, some people have been abusing acid again...
just kidding.

Mag, interesting thread!

Yeah, symbol have a really important role in our life, and they always had. As an example, just look at how important is a company logo, for company that actually care about their image. It sometime is some kind of symbol, and depending on the symbol, some are easier to remmember, some others strikes instantly our mind by their originality, or complexity, etc... Each can have dirrerent effect on us.

TheBandit
That little e-book looks like interesting. I'll be sure to give it a read. And how can you not be tempted to read it with a title like "YOU ARE BRIGHTER THAN YOU THINK!"
lol...thanks for the link

[Edited on 2-11-2003 by m0rbid]

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Clearmind-Thank you for your thoughts about this subject. I agree with you that most people are afraid to quiet their mind in fear of finding something deeper there, something that they feel will detatch them from all they know and believe, but in reality it can only complete what we know on the surface..really people I have spoken to are just flat out afraid to let their mind deepen and grow and most of them also believe it's pointless as well..but it's not and they are missing out on all that life has to offer IMO..

Aztec-Welcome to ATS! Interesting and very explicit post! You think every object is symbolic of something to a persons life path? I won't argue or disagree..but I haven't progressed this far yet, if ever. I feel it's those certain symbols that define a person from the begining. A symbol(s) that can be associated with oneself, whether it be known or not, just certain things that pop up in a persons life over the years to remind or prepare them for the eventual completeion of oneself?? This is kind of one of my theories about it anyway. For instance if I see a blue feather it holds a great amount of meaning for me, it is very rare, I only have a few in my feather collection, but it sends some kind of signal to my mind or soul that compells me to pick it up. I have not figured out the significance yet, but I know in due time I will.
That is so interesting about the being you communicate with! And how you need those symbols to even communicate and understand eachother at all..this proves great importance of symbology with respect to understanding the otherwise *inexpressible* being..thank you for sharing this here. I hope you return or atleast bump into your obvious wisdom elsewhere

Billybob-Thank you for contributing! And thank you for liking this thread. This is probably *the* most important thing I've given to ATS,as far as my life is concerned..this is a very deep and meaningful subject I generally hold close and sacred inside. I agree we are frequent beings that express and think in waves, our brain, our mind, our bodies and our soul all are communication devices that can be utilized as means of communication to ourselves and others. I certainly believe we all hold the key to full understanding ourselves within one of the above communication tools..unfortunately tapping into the one that has the greatest amount of significance is very difficult and some clearly have little patience for that. It's just *easier* to stick with the most prominent mean of communication, less dangers, less confusion and most importantly less depth or truth.

m0rbid-Amazing that some thoughts/experiences can be compared to an acid trip, isn't it? Our minds are SO powerful, we are capable of our own personal acid mind trip excluding the drug!! Far out!
Also thank you for enjoying this thread and leaving your thoughts. I'm glad others can validate the importance of symbology and life together..and I'm most pleased noone has called me crazy thus far! You are right, some symbols immediately grab us or call out to us..and then some are far more complex therefore have to sneak by and leave a subtle hint of it's appearance and meaning for later understanding. Both forms or all forms are important, but the latter to me, are the ones that hold our stories and meanings on levels that we aren't always aware even exist until we recognize these symbols over long periods of time and learn possible meanings and/or connections to our very soul of existance..

Once again, thank you all so much for posting your thoughts here! All of the contributions are fabulous and saved inside my heart for later reviewing and understanding of symbols I'm faced with in my own life, which leave me sometimes perplexed as to their reasoning and/or connection to myself..Everything we've said together creates the bigger picture of our lives through time and unfoldings..the keys may not always seem to belong or fit..but I'm certain they will when we open up enough for them to fit perfectly. Some issues with symbology aren't always positive..obviously there are things buried inside us all that would be difficult to face if we aren't fully prepared. So pushing the understandings can have adverse affects on us, mind, body and soul..the mind is a wonderful thing, but it can shed darkness as quick as light into our brain that could cause severe pain and traumas. Awareness though and understanding that not everything in life is dancing in rose gardens can help us *to* face these dark harbouring supressed dealings without taking our spirit away, so to speak..

Magestica

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 09:13 PM
link   
magestica thanks..this has started me to think about how my own personal symbology has changedover the years..personaly, it has change significantly over the last 3 years...'till i read this thread i hadn't really thought about it. i have talk to many of my friends and siblings about the concept of 'meditation' and quieting the mind. they know my and it sort of surprises then that i can talk about it in an understandable way..they don't realy understand it...sort get that look like a deer in the headlights that is trying to pretend that it isn't there. even my former s.o. (significant other) finds it hard to quiet the mind..finds it sort of 'disturbing, and scary'....when one starts to look at what and how they think..it sort of surprises them that the innermind cantell them so much
that being said, it is very easy for the stress of life to cloud and cover this...i am experience this now.....how soon we forget the lessons we learn........................................................................................................................sigh

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 09:22 PM
link   
i had one of the best experiences at the worst(not really) of times...

it was homecoming week for the college i used to attend...

i got (also why i was missing for 7 days from ats) very drunk on this past saturday, my cousin performed at this concert and all of us(entorage) were big kickin it...
well long story short...
i found myself throwing up a couple of times before i made it to the house...
when i got there i went to the bathroom and hopped in the shower...
that is when i began praying(the only thing i have in this world is my faith and ability to express)for the room started spinning...
now normaly i would open my eyes and attempt to sober up, to stop the spinning...
but i didn't and i focused even harder on faith, i passed out in the shower but felt very intune...

if you get offended by my behavior understand i live with my sacrifices and you live with yours...

and questions, comments, or concerns...

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigsage
if you get offended by my behavior understand i live with my sacrifices and you live with yours...

and questions, comments, or concerns...

I'm not necessarily offended by your 'behavior'..interesting story. Now what does it have to do with symbology?

I have other things I'd like to say, however will refrain with respect to your comment in another thread(which by the way you took out of context as it was not my intent to offend you) I'll u2u you with my concerns, questions, comments from now on. I apologize for being ugly, it's not my normal nature I promise..

Magestica

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Symbols are art forms akin to music in that respect and themes in writing.

Carl Jung presented that in us, are sets of symbols, each one related to components of human personality.

As a result they are relevant to the function of the ego.

Awareness has both conscious and unconscious motivations in respect to how it reacts to stimuli.

The indication is that these symbols have inherent unconscious denominators, in regards to aspects and relationship to our more common symbols.

What is common amongst us in respect to symbols is externalized, but it is the result of internal motivations in relation to a symbol based in the unconscious. Jung postulated that within unconscious awareness what also existed was a collective unconscious, where information is represented in symbols.

In respect to this genetics is a factor and likely as an aspect

Any thoughts?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join