It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worldwide Conversion to the Purest Form of Christianity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 06:09 PM
link   
This is the only way to Infinite World Peace!!! The Infinitely Great God and the Infinitely Great Holy Trinity Love You!!!

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech
This is the only way to Infinite World Peace!!! The Infinitely Great God and the Infinitely Great Holy Trinity Love You!!!

Do you care to substantiate your claims?

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Jesus Christ, the most peaceful man in history and the Divine Physician, performed dozens of miracles in the Four Gospels of the New Testament. Yet, he suffered the most painful death in history. Jesus sees the very top and the very low, and loves all!!! He is God's Son and Will Always Be!!!

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Jesus Christ, the most peaceful man in history and the Divine Physician, performed dozens of miracles in the Four Gospels of the New Testament. Yet, he suffered the most painful death in history. Jesus sees the very top and the very low, and loves all!!! He is God's Son and Will Always Be!!!

What does this have to do with your assertion that Christianity would lead to world peace? What is the basis for your claim that the Judeo-Christian tradition is peaceful?

JHVH commanded his followers to kill, rape, steal, commit genocide, etc... check out JHVH's hit list. That doesn't sound like a particularly peaceful god to me.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 08:08 PM
link   
ArbitraryGuy, do you think Jesus Christ is equal with Judas Iscariot or Jezebel? Not all people of the Holy Bible were Pure and Holy. Jesus Christ was and is the Personification of Purity and Holiness!!!

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 08:21 PM
link   
GreatTech,

Are you doing OK?

What's life throwing your way?

I'm a little concerned for you. seriously.

Hope everything is going alright. This intro to the thread is a little short, and vague, however your perspective isn't.

Focus, calm down, and stay in reality. The truth can be overwhelming at times, your truth that is, once you find it.

Congradulations on whatever it is you have found. And please model your life after his teachings, and present such in your actions, behaviors, and especially .... intentions.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 10:42 PM
link   
The Bible is not like any other book it contains history as well as instruction. Some things that happen in history are bad and the Bible tells it as it is. A lot of the laws in the Old Testament seem severe but if you look at the background to these events you see something different. JHVH never commanded his followers to kill, rape, steal, He was saying that when the Roman armies attack the jews(jerusalem), they will overrun the city, and rape women and destroy most of the citys, and the peoples possessions will be taken.

If you read the entire Bible as a story and don't just pick out passages here and there to either enforce or debunk a particular theology, you can see that it's the story of God and his creation learning to live together. Yes, God learns about how to react to his people just as they learn how to respond to him.

the way God interacts with his people changes as they learn about him and he learns about them.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by MorninG StaR 21
JHVH never commanded his followers to kill, rape, steal, He was saying that when the Roman armies attack the jews(jerusalem), they will overrun the city, and rape women and destroy most of the citys, and the peoples possessions will be taken.

That isn't completely true, and a cursory reading of the Law and the Histories contradict it. I'm not going to Bible-Bash with you, but take a look at the link I posted previously if you want to see where you can read about JHVH ordering genocide, JHVH's twisted rules on rape (the victim of a rape becomes the rapist's wife if previously unbetrothed), JHVH accepting Jephthah's daughter as a human sacrifice, etc. Read the context of those passages, too... you'll find it they don't vindicate your assertions.

JHVH was origionally the god of everything: good and bad, peace and war. Before Judaism adopted the concept of Satan/Dualism from Zoroastrianism, JHVH was the source of all good and evil.

If you read the entire Bible as a story and don't just pick out passages here and there to either enforce or debunk a particular theology, you can see that it's the story of God and his creation learning to live together.

Please don't assume that I don't know what I'm talking about. I have read the Bible, cover to cover... every book and every verse. I was not untrained either, but a lay clergyman. Apparently, I got something vastly different out of it than you. Reading the Bible critically caused me to lose much of my faith in it.

EDIT: Sorry, this may be getting off topic. Still, noone has answered my question of why a worldwide conversion to Christianity would bring in world peace. Europe has been Christian for 1500+ years and that didn't end war in Europe.

[edit on 17-8-2006 by ArbitraryGuy]

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Christianity is dualist; Judaism is still not dualist more than it is dual.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 02:51 AM
link   
It will never work.A worldwide conversion to christianity would not create world peace. I am christian and i can see that. Look at all the bible thumpers in gov't wasting money and time to pursue legal cases,and hearing over gay ppl. Really,come on now. Like we dont have better things to worry about. Besides,christianity has a bad track record when it comes to peace. Catholocism also. The crusades anyone? Missionaries in CA forcing mexicans and native americans to convert? Also,this would single out a lot of ppl,and cause great resentment.They will feel as though why christianity has to be the "right" religion to create peace,and not say buddhism.Would it be a good idea? Sure,but highly unlikely to succeed.

Most ppl take the bible too literally. A lot of what is written is history,and a lot is metaphors. IMO,man cant handle religion. Spirituality is a universal concept,which all ppl can relate to. Religion is man-made. Therefore,religion is severely flawed as spirituality is not. What jesus did is teach us a way of life,not a city ordinance book of laws and codes. What he taught can be accepted and appreciated by all ppl,regardless of what religion they are.

I cant remember who atm,but one of the presidents made a famous quote. "Take away all the prophecies,take away all of the miracles in the bible,and what you're left with is a damn fine book of morals"

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Worldwide Conversion to the Purest Form of Christianity

This is the only way to Infinite World Peace?

In order for me to be converted to the purest form of Christianity, the 2 prerequisites would be:

1) I believe Christ is God manifested in man.
2) Christians are by the very definition of the word, trying to be like Christ.

So, logic dictates that the purest Christian believes Christ is God, and that they must be like Christ.

This being said, wanting to be like God is what got Lucifer expelled from heaven. So if i were to follow Christian beliefs to their end, i would in fact end up expelled from heaven for the same reasons Lucifer was.

How is me being converted to Christianity with the end goal being obtaining the same end as Lucifer the only way to Infinite World Peace?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Another aspect of this only way to Infinite World Peace is this:

Christian mission: Convert athiests to Christianity.

There are admittingly different definitions to the word athiest. Many of which include or parralell the following:

"One who does not worship, hold reverence for, or believe in any higher entity or deity"

In any and all monothiestic belief systems, including Christianity, follow a GOD who fits the definition of athiest. And if you doubt this claim, you only need to re-visit the first commandment: "I am a jealous God, and you shall have no Gods before me."

Follow my logic here, please.

If God does not acknowledge any higher entity or deity above God, then God is by the very definition, an athiest. And, if you dissagree, then if you were God, and there were nothing higher, would believing in yourself not make you an athiest? To say God acknowledges God's existance, therefore is not an athiest is to say the same as "I know i exist, so i am not an athiest".

So, since God is an athiest, and Christ is God, and Christians want to be like God, then it seems to me.....

Christians convert Athiests into people who's aim it is to be more like Christ who is God, who is an athiest.

So the roadmap to " Infinite World Peace" is to take atheists and convert them into people who's aim is to be athiests.

Does this prove Christ was not God?
Does this prove God does not exist?

NO is the answer to both questions. The only thing our belief systems prove is we don't know what it is we are talking about. And in order to fully believe armed with facts is to disregard both reason and logic for the intangible.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I see no comment to my above post. Curious, i thought it would be met with some measure of criticism.

Even thought i can utilize religions own logic to debunk aspects of it, does not mean i do not believe in God, or Christ and his message. I just don't think Christ's path is the only path to follow, many paths lead to the same parrallel thought processes of Christ. Follow your own truth to its end, and i believe Christ will be there. If you follow your own truth without lying to yourself.

Just because i can make the arguement that may initiate you question your own faith, does not make your faith untrue. There is a price of free-will. And, that cost is lack of indisputable evidence, unless you choose to believe without reservations.

Please do not allow my previous contribution take God from you.

I will share one of my most intimate thoughts with you:

Even though there is no reason to believe in GOD, and every reason not to, i still do.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 07:17 AM
link   

The Bible is not like any other book it contains history as well as instruction.

and a large portion of fiction.

He was saying that when the Roman armies attack the jews(jerusalem), they will overrun the city, and rape women and destroy most of the city

Ya might want to look at the period when the Jews finally entered "the land of milk
and honey" after 40 years in the desert. There are numerous places that are
condemed to utter destruction, the command being let not one live or one stone
be left standing on another.

You might also look at the incident after the war against the tribe of Benjamin
when the men of the tribe being forbidden to take wives from the other tribes
are instructed to " fall on the women" of a village and " TAKE THEM TO WIFE".
In other words they were instructed to
1 take these women by force
2 screw their brains out
3 after having screwed their brains out , make them their( the Jewish mens) wives
with no regard for the feelings,wishes, or prior commitments of the women. In effect
making them sex slaves of the jews.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 10:22 AM
link   

The Bible is not like any other book it contains history as well as instruction. Some things that happen in history are bad and the Bible tells it as it is. A lot of the laws in the Old Testament seem severe but if you look at the background to these events you see something different. JHVH never commanded his followers to kill, rape, steal, He was saying that when the Roman armies attack the jews(jerusalem), they will overrun the city, and rape women and destroy most of the citys, and the peoples possessions will be taken.

If you read the entire Bible as a story and don't just pick out passages here and there to either enforce or debunk a particular theology, you can see that it's the story of God and his creation learning to live together. Yes, God learns about how to react to his people just as they learn how to respond to him.

the way God interacts with his people changes as they learn about him and he learns about them.

The only problem with your post, if you do not mind me saying, is that the O.T. part of the Bible is reputed to have been written around 900/800 B.C.
That is a few centuries before the Roman Empire existed.

new topics

top topics

join