It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Caspian Sea Monster

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ULTIMA1

I was talking shooting down as in AA guns.

They could do the job just as well.

Originally posted by TaupeDragon
Can anyone tell me why:

1 They were only designed for use on the Caspian and Black Seas?

2 They have not been more widely/commercially adopted for transport?

Fascinating find on Youtube! I've heard about these things for years, but have never seen one of them working.

TD

1. I think it's basically because it flies so low, try to cross the atlantic the waves would crush it. It would need more development.

2. It's an idea, but I can't really see any use of having a plane like that.

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 11:59 AM
link   
FIN, I think you are missing the point I was making my friend.

The allies launched an invasion fleet across the channel in 20 knot ships in 1944, it was a complete success. Now, picture that fleet coming across the channel at over 300 miles per hour! At the shortest crossing distance that is 4 minutes from one side to the other. It would definitely not be easy to stop them, they are coming under the radar, without warning, when you see them they will have arrived before you can do anything about it.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Getting there is muche easier, I agree. But I have very hard to picture them land as easilly, and get away from there. It's like trying to land with a Horsa on Omaha beach.

[edit on 4-9-2006 by Figher Master FIN]

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Maybe not, any such craft will be specially designed for the job, it would be no different to a hovercraft; straight up the beach, stop, disgorge. Job done.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Exactly there's the problem

When the craft stays still it's an easy target. And it would be easy to shoot down. But yes, it would be faster to transport the soldiers.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 12:17 PM
link   
If the craft is stood still, empty, on the beach it is already too late to shoot it down.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by waynos
If the craft is stood still, empty, on the beach it is already too late to shoot it down.

Yes, but if it would get shot down before they (soldiers) could get out. Besides, airmines?

[edit on 4-9-2006 by Figher Master FIN]

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Yes, but if it would get shot down before they (soldiers) could get out?

And if my uncle was a woman he'd be my auntie
Does Britain have airmines? After a four minute crossing hundreds of invading troops are pouring out and securing the beachhead while private Pike and corporal Jones are still putting their tunic on and finishing their sarnies shouting 'don't panic!' and spitting mouthfuls of bread everywhere.

[edit on 4-9-2006 by waynos]

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by waynos
And if my uncle was a woman he'd be my auntie
Does Britain have airmines? After a four minute crossing hundreds of invading troops are pouring out and securing the beachhead while private Pike and corporal Jones are still putting their tunic on and finishing their sarnies shouting 'don't panic!' and spitting mouthfuls of bread everywhere.

[edit on 4-9-2006 by waynos]

Airmines could be created without much work I'am sure. I have hard to believe that an invasion like that would happened without the english intelligence to pick up any kind of information. So at the end of the day, it would have been impossible for Hitler to even start an operation like that without the British knowing of it.

And yeah, you are very patriotic.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join