It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unidentified Dead Animal Has Local Residents Guessing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 04:49 PM
link   
The carcass of a dead unidentified animal has the local residents of Turner, Maine, scratching their heads. The animal looks like a cross between a cat and a dog and possibly "a rodent" as one witness recounts. The animal weighs approximately 40 to 50 pounds and is suspected to be the mystery beast responsible for the mauling deaths of local pet cats, a Rotweiler and a Doberman.

www.seacoastonline.com
TURNER, Maine --Residents are wondering if an animal found dead over the weekend may be the mysterious creature that has mauled dogs, frightened residents and been the subject of local legend for half a generation.

The animal was found near power lines along Route 4 on Saturday, apparently struck by a car while chasing a cat. The carcass was photographed and inspected by several people who live in the area, but nobody is sure exactly what it is.

Michelle O'Donnell of Turner spotted the animal near her yard about a week before it was killed. She called it a "hybrid mutant of something."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This article is intriguing. I've never seen anything like this thing. I cant wait till they get back DNA testing and identify this thing if they can.

To me it looks like a cross between a dog and a Tasmanian Devil. Creepy stuff.

[edit on 17/8/06 by subz]

[edit on 19-8-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Have you been able to find any other coverage of this on the web, or elsewhere?.
It looks like a tasmanian devil which would not be necessarily odd in Australia but would be very unusual in Maine. If this is not a hoax, it will be interesting, indeed, to see what DNA tests discover.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Some good coverage aleady right here on ATS.

new topics

join