It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

hi, honey i shrunk the kids (Is it possible)?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   
hi all, i don't think this as been discussed before!!

but we've had time-travel etc. so just wondering could be possible to one day to shrink yourself down to the size of lets say, a bug?

not that i don't think too many people would try
but would science say this is possible?

[edit on 17-8-2006 by st3ve_o]

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Considering the space between electrons and their cores and between individual atoms in a molecule, I guess theoreticly, molecular compression is possible by decreasing those distances.

But if you can do that with biologicals leaving the organisme alive and well, thats a whole other question imho.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Im sure it would be possible to decrease the distance between particles... however, you would be just as heavy as you were in your original size.

Not to mention you would sufficate. Anyone care to guess why?

[edit on 17-8-2006 by johnsky]

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I don't see how it would be possible.

I mean to shrink someone to the size of a bug, you'd have to either;
A. GIve up a huge amount of information I.E. your body.
B. Shrink the atoms, which I'm 100% sure is impossible.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I guess and its only a guess that if you were able to shrink the atoms and then decrease the space between then possible but i doubt you would still be alive.

Secondly if you could just decrease the space between alone without touching the size of any atomic or molecular form you would still weigh the same as posted above, This in turn would compress so much weight onto your tiny little internal organs and kill you anyway.

Either way your dead!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Yea, you will still have the same mass, therefore weigh the same amount. You would sink into the ground because there will be less distribution of weight. Try sitting/standing on a rod that is the thickness of a bug (say 10mm). Unless you were on hard ground, you would push the rod down, like a tent peg. Lots of weight, no distribution = sinky sinky.

Oh yea, you would suffocate because air molecules would be too big to be absorbed by your lungs.

[edit on 18-8-2006 by Toasty]

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Ever read the Fantastic Voyage? They just shrunk down the atoms and all their components. Honey, I Shrunk the Kids, they actually shrunk down oxygen for the characters.

I watched Honey, I Shrunk the Kids one Saturday morning at like 7 a few weeks ago, and I was apalled that the kids thought they could eat the giant cookie. Would it not KILL them since they couldn't break it down in their tiny bodies?

top topics

join