It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Selling coins made out of the gold found at ground zero

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 03:39 PM
link   
i was watching tv today and i saw that some company was selling coins with the gold found at ground zero. Now i found that weid, i mean why make profit off of a day like that. That really got me pissed off. Did anyone else see the coins being sold? I wonder what happen to the rest of the gold they found?

CX

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Theres another thread talking about the gold from Ground Zero in the 9/11 section.

What happened to the gold vault in the WTC?

If someone is selling coins, it would be very interesting to hear exactly where the gold came from and the story of it's purchase if legit.

CX.

[edit on 17/8/06 by CX]

[edit on 17/8/06 by CX]

[edit on 17/8/06 by CX]

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by CX
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

Could anyone fix that link for me please, it has'nt copied properly.

Just delete the '
Yeah making money off 9-11 is pretty twisted, they justify it by saying a portion of their proceeds go to victim related charities, but unless they can show that all the profit goes to 9-11, then as far as I'm concerned it's grotesque.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I also saw a commercial for gold coins with the image of the WTC using silver from the vaults. "Strict limit of five per order!" $5 per order (not per coin) went to the families or something. Who has the right to take what was in the vaults? I don't mean that as a rhetorical question, either. The government, the owners of the buildings, whoever put it there in the first place?

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I think it's more like they are immersion plating the "coins" with gold and silver, the coins themselves aren't solid. They use some weasel word like "clad" - the "coin" has 15mg of gold and 15mg of silver. That's not a lot, especially for that heavy of a metal.

The "National Collector's Mint" has had their hat handed to them more than once claiming some weird provenance for the metals they lightly plate their "coins" with, and have lost more than one suit for fraud.

The company, which operates out of an office at 8 Slater St., drew the attention of state Attorney General Eliot Spitzer and a state Supreme Court justice two years ago when it was marketing what it called its "Freedom Tower Silver Dollar."

Spitzer sued the company, alleging the marketing was fraudulent and misleading because it claimed the Freedom Tower medallion was a "legally authorized government issue silver dollar" and a "U.S. territorial minting" from the U.S. Commonwealth of Northern Mariana Islands. But the commonwealth uses U.S. currency and cannot mint currency.

Spitzer also complained that the company's ads claimed the medallions were made from pure silver from silver bars recovered at Ground Zero.

Justice Joseph R. Cannizzaro agreed with Spitzer and ordered the company to stop the advertising.

After the ruling, Spitzer said his office would investigate the claim about the silver being recovered from Ground Zero. Brad Maione, a spokesman for Spitzer in Manhattan, said yesterday that the office was not able to make a determination as to where the silver came from.

www.thejournalnews.com.../20060816/BUSINESS01/608160383/1066

If they did in fact receive silver and/or gold from the debris, it quite likely came from Hugo Neu, the scrap metal recycler for the rubble.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 10:23 PM
link   
THe WTC gold was there as a commodity. Everyone and anyone has the right to buy it and do what they want with it. Turning it into collectors medallions that commemorate 911 is hardly the worst use for it. If it wasn't being used for that, the gold would be bought and sold and traded and made profit off of like any other commodity.

tom bedlam
I think it's more like they are immersion plating the "coins" with gold and silver, the coins themselves aren't solid.

Indeed. Usually they say that its gold plated once in an ad or commerical. They're certainly not solid gold.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkYNeTUSA
i was watching tv today and i saw that some company was selling coins with the gold found at ground zero. Now i found that weid, i mean why make profit off of a day like that. That really got me pissed off. Did anyone else see the coins being sold? I wonder what happen to the rest of the gold they found?

PFFFTT...

What's wrong with it ???

They bought the gold, why can't they make commemorative coins out of it ???

I mean it's not like they're making a profit from a conspiracy theory of 9/11...

new topics

top topics

join