It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

who are they? MIB?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Hi i am a brand new subscriber and i have always wonder about this branch if it really exist? does any one has any information as to if they really exist and what they do? i would really appreacite.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Well, there are different theories about men in Black.

Some people believe they are a secret government agency that supresses UFO truth. Others believe they are aliens, or alien constructed machines, implanted amongst human population for as yet undetermined purposes.

Yet others believe they are paranormal or demonic entities manifesting themselves and harrassing the unwitting.

It all boils down to your own school of thought regarding UFOs and the like.

If you use the search function on here, you will find numerous threads about MIB speculation.

Here are a couple links about them that might help you get started.

en.wikipedia.org...
www.crystalinks.com...
www.ufoevidence.org...

Welcome to ATS and happy hunting!

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 02:29 PM
link   
The truth behind the MiB is even more compelling and disturbing then many might think. These mysterious agents actually belong to a very REAL agency that has and continues to infiltrate every aspect of our society. From 1990 through 2000, this secret agency went overt to the world under the alias of The Office of Scientific Investigation and Research (O.S.I.R.).

In addition to these areas, the agency is the only agency of it's kind in the world with a “Phenomenology Division” that exclusively researches areas dealing with all types of paranormal, supernatural, anomalous and metaphysical phenomena. The agency researches and investigates every type of phenomena imaginable, from extraterrestrial Close Encounters, supernatural phenomena psychic phenomena, cryptozoology and generally undefinable anomalies. The agency is staffed some of the world's best scientists, researchers and experts who come from private institutions, corporations and universities.

kinda like the movie

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   
thank you guys i will look into those links

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Most of the accounts of MIBs are in the late 40's, throughout the 50's, and and some in the 60's. Beyond that, pretty slim pickings. Many researchers attribute this to the idea that the unceremonious closing of BlueBook pretty much instituted a "ridicule factor" about the subject.

Prior to this, UFOs were seen as a viable threat to national security, by the public, and the military. After this, it was the object of ridicule, and the need for MIB became obsolete.

I seriously doubt there was ever a true MIB group...it was likely simply the stigma attached to anyone in Military Intel branches that showed up and tried to scare witnesses into silence.

The closest thing to this may have been what's often called Majestic 12, however there is scarce evidence that this name was actually used. Often, there are some docs (some authentic, some still not authenticated) that mention the "Working Group", or "MAJIC" (Military Assessment Joint Intelligence Committee) formed in the 40's to try and access the threat of UFOs to the US.

For more info on the alleged guys recovering the bodies, craft, etc., look for "Blue Team" in either ATS or Google. (and as always, be wary of the sources).

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by MorninG StaR 21
The truth behind the MiB is even more compelling and disturbing then many might think. These mysterious agents actually belong to a very REAL agency that has and continues to infiltrate every aspect of our society. From 1990 through 2000, this secret agency went overt to the world under the alias of The Office of Scientific Investigation and Research (O.S.I.R.).

In addition to these areas, the agency is the only agency of it's kind in the world with a “Phenomenology Division” that exclusively researches areas dealing with all types of paranormal, supernatural, anomalous and metaphysical phenomena. The agency researches and investigates every type of phenomena imaginable, from extraterrestrial Close Encounters, supernatural phenomena psychic phenomena, cryptozoology and generally undefinable anomalies. The agency is staffed some of the world's best scientists, researchers and experts who come from private institutions, corporations and universities.

kinda like the movie

I have no idea what you are talking about but to continue from Gazrok, the MIB were said to have been visiting people quite often during the big mothman hoopla deal. I forget the name of the town and I'm too lazy right now to go look it up.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 03:06 PM
link   

kinda like the movie

That sounds interesting and something which I can believe, although I can't find a website, or any information on that agency. Can you show us some hard evidence in the findings, or tell us how you know this? What's the source?

Thanks.=)

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by jbondo

I have no idea what you are talking about

Well Maybe if you done some research you would know
Search Google for "O.S.I.R"

en.wikipedia.org... Research

[edit on 17-8-2006 by MorninG StaR 21]

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Thank you for the added info.=)

I searched for the Office of Scientific Investigation and Research, and came up with nothing.

[EDIT]nevermind... I must be a little slow today, but I've found several sites now[/EDIT]

Thanks for the info.=)

[edit on 17-8-2006 by alpha_omega]

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Morning Star actually has a leg to stand on here....

The "Working Group" I mentioned was actually made up of some individuals from this group, known then (40's) as OSI (Office of Scientific Investigation). Specifically, they were the something, something Interplanetary Phenomenon....would have to look it up. The OSI added the R around the 90's I believe. Basically was, and is, a think tank.

There are some FOIA docs I believe regarding the OSI around '42...but I could also be thinking of docs still needing to be authenticated, such as on majesticdocuments.com

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 03:49 PM
link   

The point I'm making is you talk like this is fact when in reality it is not. They are linked to MIB as many other agencies are and furthermore the agency itself may or may not exist.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Clarification point of order....not a government agency. Private research group.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Not a Gov agency, may or may not exist, possible connection with MIB. I guess we can all go home now! Mystery solved!

Maybe I just got a bee in my bonnet when this guy comes in and "explains the whole enchilada" for us rather matter of factly.

I don't see anything concrete Gaz.

Sorry, don't mean to sound like an A-hole.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 05:14 PM
link   
They operate independently from all governments and private organizations

So who pays for it? Don't worry, it's not you. These folks are
funded in extreme confidence by a select few corporations, anonymous individuals
(such as high-ranking government officials and CEOs of corporations).
The organization was originally funded by a joint international alliance in conjunction with several wealthy individuals (the World Bank conjectured as one) and then later, was placed on the list of black budgets in most countries.

With unlimited funding and complete superiority over every government, the organization can infiltrate any community, organization or situation with complete anonymity, maintaining their ultra top secret status. Based on confidential information collected through other government agencies, the organization is considered one of only a hand full of projects/operations/programs which have the super elite "Dharma Blue" ultra top secrecy status.

They are suspected to be the shadow organization and work-horse behind countless above top-secret projects in every country, including U.S.’s own Majestic, Stargate and Area 51.

Ladies And Gentlemen I Present to you The "Real" Men In Black

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Here are a couple links about them that might help you get started.

en.wikipedia.org...
www.crystalinks.com...
www.ufoevidence.org...

*GASP!*

What about tinwiki.org... ?

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I just did a search in the yellow pages at 411.com and I came up with a listing for "Office of Scientific Investigation and Research" in Washington, DC.

I'm terrified about what might happen to me if I tried to call them up though.

[edit on 18-8-2006 by Junkheap]

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Much speculation, but not much on real data. At a lecture today the speaker said a profound statement:

"Numerous anecdotes do not make data." i.e. large numbers of people or websites recounting the same story does not make it true.

Notwithstanding the above statement, though...

There are a few accounts where witnesses have stood up to alleged MIB's and refused to be intimidated and the MIB backed down -- hastily retreated when the witness threatened the MIB back, with no repercussion or retaliation.

MIBs, if they exist, seem not to have any real power except intimidation. Their threats are empty.

[edit on 18-8-2006 by dave_54]

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 04:27 AM
link   

I don't see anything concrete Gaz.

Thats because there's nothing concrete to it...read my posts again.

The name "Men in Black" is a catch all. The term covers any case where witnesses report being threatened, evidence taken, etc. Early on, this was overtly the job of the military. We can see this first in the Roswell case from some of the witness descriptions, though these didn't fit the later descriptions. (in Roswell, many described the same two men, a red-headed Sergeant, and a black soldier, both threatening witnesses, and both not normally with the base). Jenny Randles has probably some of the best books on the subject of MIBs, especially the British cases.

As for the OSI, or OSRD, or OSIR, however you term it, there are some mentions in documents deemed "high probability" of authenticity.

In a February 24, 1944 memo, FDR agrees with an OSRD (Office of Scientific Research and Development) proposal of Dr. Bush (Vannevar it is assumed) to establish a separate program dealing with UFOs. (could be MAJIC, could be precursors to Grudge, Sign, who knows). Interestingly, Marshal is mentioned, who of course dealt with the 1942 incident over LA, and threat became obvious.

The names that most often pop up with MAJIC are those in the OSI and then showing up in other documents surrounding the name IPU or Interplanetary Phenomenon Unit.

From the doc trail, it seems MAJIC was used after Roswell, and logical to assume that it was the evolution of the IPU division of the OSI earlier. Note, due to the fact these docs are not fully authenticated, only high degree of authenticity, I didn't use them in my Roswell threads.

Is it hard proof? No, but it does show a pattern of docs from different sources all weaving the same rug.

I mentioned that this was NOT the MIB, but a group that performed a function generally ascribed to them.....

top topics

join