It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hogwarts Headaches....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Seems like kids are getting headaches from reading too long and too hard the latest installment of Harry Potter... couldn't their parents just give them children's tylenol or something? Why is this such a big deal?

content.health.msn.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 04:23 PM
link   
or they could stop being idiots and set the book down once their eyes are tired. Give them a rest geez, not like the book is going anywhere. Suppose they gotta be the first to read it so they can be uber l33t on some harry potter forum.

As a kid I would just play outside.

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I dont see why they would want to plow through a book so fast anyway knowing the time frame in between books is so long....

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 04:57 PM
link   
exactly, take your time, Enjoy the book!

No sympathy for the majority!

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
or they could stop being idiots and set the book down once their eyes are tired. Give them a rest geez, not like the book is going anywhere. Suppose they gotta be the first to read it so they can be uber l33t on some harry potter forum.

most likely lol. or maybe they want to read it before the firemen from Fahrenheit 451 come to their house
besides lord of the rings is way better.

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 06:28 PM
link   

so harry potter can be blamed for overweight children in america then?

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Nah for the fat children of america, I blame their parents.

I was raised by my grandparents
They'd always tell me, GO PLAY OUTSIDE!

They'd never have to tell me twice.

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Now they will have to put a lable on books - excessive reading may cause stress and headaches please read caustiously

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 07:33 PM
link   
or

Warning: Excessive Obession of Harry Potter may cause the other kids at school to kick your ass, with your own harry potter vibrating broom.

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 07:34 PM
link   
On a related note, I actually saw this infomercial from Jelly Belly about Hogwarts Jelly Beans. I mean Come on! Vomit flavored jelly beans? They actually showed the people eating the vomit beans and having a bad reaction to them. UGH!

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Vomit?

What does vomit taste like? Mine always is a nice acidic flavor.

If they would like to use my flavor of vomit, all money can be sent to Lysergic

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Vomit?

What does vomit taste like? Mine always is a nice acidic flavor.

If they would like to use my flavor of vomit, all money can be sent to Lysergic

pizza and orange juice if you really want to know

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 07:37 AM
link   

I dont see why they would want to plow through a book so fast anyway knowing the time frame in between books is so long....

Actually, these books really suck you in, regardless of age... I too tend to get headaches from reading too much, and quickly, but I usually stick it out till at least the end of the chapter... Sounds like the kids are no different... Just sensationalism... I for one, am glad to see that the books have gotten more kids into reading, other than playing video games, etc.

It isn't that they want to be l33t..but they do want to get the jump on their friends (and not have their friends give away spoilers before they read it themselves!)

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I think old video games taught me how to read, all those old RPGS I played as a kid, no voice overs, I had to read it all !

and half the time it was in ENGRISH!

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I think they used to call this Information Overload... I tend to get headaches after being on the web for awhile but I've curtailed my usage quite a bit.

new topics

top topics

join